Elf/Faerie Lore

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

slade the sniper
Hero

Elf/Faerie Lore

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Ok, so I am running a horrible Disney/Rifts Faerie crossover, and I realized I have no Palladium Elf/Faerie lore.

Is there any, and if so, where can I find it?

Thanks.

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Elf/Faerie Lore

Unread post by kiralon »

Faerie lore not so much, but there is info on the elves, especially the elf dwarf wars scattered through the books.
Baalgor wastelands, library of bletherad, yin sloth jungles and maybe IatEotW had the most from memory, but could easily be wrong.

*edit* and possibly the land of the damned book with the elf kingdom, whichever that one was.
Last edited by kiralon on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Well, that'll at least depend, in part, on what exactly you're looking for. My first suggestion would be to read their racial write-ups, PF2 page 290-291 for Elves, and M&A 58-62 for Faerie Folk.

For Elves ...

* I suggest also checking out the History on page 279-280 for the Age of Elves and the Millennium of Purification. More references for the Chaos War (war with the Old Ones) and the Elf-Dwarf War can be provided, if you desire.
* Rifter #50 has the "Official" Zodiac Mage, which discusses Elves and their love of nature. I'm still not fond of this, and can never make it passed the first paragraph as a result, but it may have more tidbits as well.
* Unofficially, I've personally written this http://www.prysus.com/culture_elven.htm on Elven Culture and this http://www.prysus.com/magic_of_elves.htm discussing if Elves are Creature of Magic or not.

For Faerie Folk ...

*I don't believe there's much on them. However, Rifter #73 starting on page 26 has an "Official" article (written by Kevin Siembieda himself) about Faerie Folk titled: Forest Children. I regret to say I have not actually read the article yet. However, it may provide some additional insights.

I hope that at least gets you started. If you'd like more information on a particular subject, I (or perhaps someone else) will help the best I (or they) can. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Thank you. That is exactly what I needed!

Prysus, that is the most genteel and nice post I have ever seen on the internet. Thank you for that.

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”