Political tests...

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Political tests...

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Hey Mates, I need some more ideas on how to test my players...To start, the players are either brothers, sisters, cousins, or wives, husbands or lovers there of. There is a reason for this. They get a message that there has been a death in the family and that they would have to claim their inheritance and titles. The messengers are making notes. They are going to be tested at every opportunity...some are not to even going to seam like tests. Helping to deliver a baby at an inn on the way there...Telling the mother whose child was taken by a dark coven that you guys were to late...Also solving a dispute between the fae and the beekeepers, woodsmen, and baker in Crossroad Inn Village...For the record, Crossroad Inn Village is a simple stopover place for people to rest, have a meal, get a bath, and engage with some of the patterns, also buy a few things. i want the final challenge to be something grand....like helping a town to recover from a flood, or the like.

Thanks ahead of time and cheers.
Last edited by pblackcrow on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Re: Political tests...

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Just for SH**s and giggles have the document a forgery by an assassin hired to kill off the family.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
pblackcrow
Champion

An assassin would make for a rather interesting plot twist. I might have to weave that in there, after everyone gets their titles. However, I am not going to sacrifice my mini plots. Besides, why would an elven assassin wish to rush? His oath to cause the family of the man cost him his. I figure he would wish to play with them some and decide how he wants to deal with them all.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Have an orc raiding part coming for a farming village in a valley and have the villagers burst the levees for the farmland and have the initial water rush kill off most of the orcs, that way the players get to help rebuild the flooded village and farmland, rescue animals and the like and there are a couple of orcs around for fighting or so the party thinks. Have the orcs be escaped starving slaves and see if the pc's finish the rest off or try to help them.
pblackcrow
Champion

kiralon wrote:Have an orc raiding part coming for a farming village in a valley and have the villagers burst the levees for the farmland and have the initial water rush kill off most of the orcs, that way the players get to help rebuild the flooded village and farmland, rescue animals and the like and there are a couple of orcs around for fighting or so the party thinks. Have the orcs be escaped starving slaves and see if the pc's finish the rest off or try to help them.

I have a small plot already for the flood, if I go with that plot, Old Beaver's dam breaks open, supposedly caused by spring rain...but that is complete bull. A small keg of black powder with mute ward upon it, put there by a friend of a noble with an axe to grind with the family. There will definitely be some clues left behind to be found, IF THEY BOTHER TO LOOK FOR THEM.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

Hey Shannon, it's good to see you on here. I hope you're okay. Anyway, to answer your question...How about encountering a slaver who has a license to both sell and buy. And a family sold a 14 year old son into indentured servitude and now want him back, but the slaver wants like 15% more than he paid for him (for food and board). And the family simply can not come up the money to get him. And he can get far more for him at auction, and he has made a promise to the boy to try to place him into a wizard's, guild, or a noble's services. Does the character side with the family, with the slaver, or take the boy for himself?
pblackcrow
Champion

Hey Shawn,

Let's catch-up on Facebook, save this space for game talk. That is an awesome idea, and one that I can include! Hope you and the boys are have an awesome Thanksgiving!
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”