End of an Era

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

End of an Era

Unread post by zyanitevp »

We are down to only one piece left to rebuild Osiris in A God...Rebuilt- Osiris' Skull, held by Modeus in Hades! The player characters have made their way to Hades, and we have only one more game left, on the 7th of October, before our final in person Vegas blowout where they will either acquire the skull or die trying!
We will have a couple of wrap-up games afterwards, getting the piece from Hades to its final resting place, Khemennu, where Osiris will rise!
Come check us out on the 7th! This game has been going more than 6 1/2 years, and it has been an epic journey! We have an over 2300 page website, with over 1200 logs, most done by the players themselves!
Links in my signature.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: End of an Era

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Neat!!
:ok:
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

EPIC - and a great location for the finale with the Khemennu Rifter article just in time!

Questions is - whats the next campaign about???....
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

So none of the Gods of Darkness have tried to stop you guys? I might have to watch
just to see how you're going to deal with all those demons and Modeus.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Reagren Wright wrote:So none of the Gods of Darkness have tried to stop you guys? I might have to watch

Lol, Just ask Bes about the Legend of Dickripper the golden.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Reagren Wright wrote:So none of the Gods of Darkness have tried to stop you guys? I might have to watch

Oh, they've tried. The last several years of the game the gods of the Dark and their minions have tried many times. Numerous wars broke out over Palladium in part because of this. There have been countless deaths on both sides. The last encounter with the minions of the Dark was the final one, by mutual agreement, for the sake of the Palladium world itself. Now the Dark has decided to sit back and watch us fail in Hades. Or so they expect...
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

I remember reading about Osiris' body parts as a kid, thinking "wow, that would be an amazing campaign," and then thinking "but doing it right would be too big an undertaking."

Then I saw Rebuilt.

I have enjoyed following this, the single greatest Palladium Fantasy Campaign ever played. No matter what happens in this last game, I salute Rebuilt and all who have made it what it is.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
zyanitevp
Champion

Hotrod wrote:I remember reading about Osiris' body parts as a kid, thinking "wow, that would be an amazing campaign," and then thinking "but doing it right would be too big an undertaking."

Then I saw Rebuilt.

I have enjoyed following this, the single greatest Palladium Fantasy Campaign ever played. No matter what happens in this last game, I salute Rebuilt and all who have made it what it is.

Kind words sir, thank you very much.
Not to say that I would not change anything (we all make mistakes) but it has been the most rewarding time and group that I have ever had- the players made most of the world, I just had to steer the ship....
My Twitter
Image Image
zyanitevp
Champion

zyanitevp wrote:We are down to only one piece left to rebuild Osiris in A God...Rebuilt- Osiris' Skull, held by Modeus in Hades! The player characters have made their way to Hades, and we have only one more game left, on the 7th of October, before our final in person Vegas blowout where they will either acquire the skull or die trying!
We will have a couple of wrap-up games afterwards, getting the piece from Hades to its final resting place, Khemennu, where Osiris will rise!
Come check us out on the 7th! This game has been going more than 6 1/2 years, and it has been an epic journey! We have an over 2300 page website, with over 1200 logs, most done by the players themselves!
Links in my signature.

Just a reminder- this is tomorrow! Would love to have people pop by and say hello!
My Twitter
Image Image
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Glistam wrote:

Oh, they've tried. The last several years of the game the gods of the Dark and their minions have tried many times. Numerous wars broke out over Palladium in part because of this. There have been countless deaths on both sides. The last encounter with the minions of the Dark was the final one, by mutual agreement, for the sake of the Palladium world itself. Now the Dark has decided to sit back and watch us fail in Hades. Or so they expect...

:eek: Wow I don't how you guys kept the Gods of Darkness from eradacating you
but the fact you've been running this campaign for 6 1/2 years is just amazing. You
guys represent the traditions of what the founders of role playing games
wanted us all to enjoy. Gary would be proud. I too salute you guys for a job well
done. Regardless if you live or die on your final adventure, the journey was definitely epic .
Reagren Wright

Two extra questions. Where is Isis in all of this? Is she on the sidelineor is she helping you? And what does Ra think about you restoring Osiris to his rightful place as the true leader of the Pantheon of Light?
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

Reagren Wright wrote:Two extra questions. Where is Isis in all of this? Is she on the sidelineor is she helping you? And what does Ra think about you restoring Osiris to his rightful place as the true leader of the Pantheon of Light?

Isis started this whole quest. All the Gods of Light support her in this. They've run interference to help protect the group from the Dark Gods. Even so it's been a long, dangerous journey. Many have lost their lives while others have simply lost their way.

zyanitevp
Champion

The Dark Elf wrote:EPIC - and a great location for the finale with the Khemennu Rifter article just in time!

Questions is - whats the next campaign about???....

I am taking some time off from the GM chair, and we are moving to a Heroes game.
My Twitter
Image Image
zyanitevp
Champion

Actually, one of the Gods of the Dark, Bes, tried to personally get involved, and literally lost his member!
We would welcome you stopping by!!
My Twitter
Image Image
zyanitevp
Champion

Glistam wrote:
Reagren Wright wrote:Two extra questions. Where is Isis in all of this? Is she on the sidelineor is she helping you? And what does Ra think about you restoring Osiris to his rightful place as the true leader of the Pantheon of Light?

Isis started this whole quest. All the Gods of Light support her in this. They've run interference to help protect the group from the Dark Gods. Even so it's been a long, dangerous journey. Many have lost their lives while others have simply lost their way.

Ra considers himself leader in my opinion, with Osiris second- that is just my interpretation.
My Twitter
Image Image
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

We are starting 90 minutes from now, please join us in twitch here

http://www.twitch.tv/theluckyhippo
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

jump on now for a chance to win
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

next stop VEGAS
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

So? What happened? Sorry I couldn't pull an all nighter to stay until the end.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, We have fought our way here to the Modeus's castle beyond the Demon City to take back the skull that he has stolen. For our will is as strong as his, and our kingdom is as great...

Through Sun, Sand and Sulphur we fought our way to the lair of the er goblin king, no we did that already, that's right, through sun sand and sulphur we fought our way to Modeus's innermost sanctum ready to bring him low at vegas.
zyanitevp
Champion

kiralon wrote:Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, We have fought our way here to the Modeus's castle beyond the Demon City to take back the skull that he has stolen. For our will is as strong as his, and our kingdom is as great...

Through Sun, Sand and Sulphur we fought our way to the lair of the er goblin king, no we did that already, that's right, through sun sand and sulphur we fought our way to Modeus's innermost sanctum ready to bring him low at vegas.

And we gave away a PDF of RUE!
Vegas is not going to be streamed, but we will game from Noon until at least 2 am on the 21st.
Tune in 11/4/17 at 9 eastern to see who lived!!
My Twitter
Image Image
zyanitevp
Champion

Hotrod wrote:So? What happened? Sorry I couldn't pull an all nighter to stay until the end.

Was great to have you stop by!!
My Twitter
Image Image
zyanitevp
Champion

kiralon wrote:Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, We have fought our way here to the Modeus's castle beyond the Demon City to take back the skull that he has stolen. For our will is as strong as his, and our kingdom is as great...

We all will see how CrIsis survives all of this- I am sure that they shall triumph!
My Twitter
Image Image
zyanitevp
Champion

So, leaving for Vegas tomorrow- one of the players is already on their way. I will report here next week how the epic battle went.
My Twitter
Image Image
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

CrIsis triumphant! It was an epic battle with a couple near-misses. We thought we were prepared to fight Modius. We were woefully unprepared to fight SIX of him. With a little luck and a little help from our friends, we defeated the arrogant and overconfident ruler of Hades and left his kingdom in ruins as we returned to Palladium with the Skull of Osiris. All that's left is making the journey to Khemenu in order to place the skull within the final pyramid, thus restoring the god Osiris back to life and completing Isis' ultimate revenge against Set for that whole "Katarina Sun" business.

kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

and Merkl declared a custard pie fight with modeus at 20 paces, and then cheated ;)

http://www.firedrake.org/roger/rpg/munchkin.html
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Glistam wrote:CrIsis triumphant! It was an epic battle with a couple near-misses. We thought we were prepared to fight Modius. We were woefully unprepared to fight SIX of him. With a little luck and a little help from our friends, we defeated the arrogant and overconfident ruler of Hades and left his kingdom in ruins as we returned to Palladium with the Skull of Osiris. All that's left is making the journey to Khemenu in order to place the skull within the final pyramid, thus restoring the god Osiris back to life and completing Isis' ultimate revenge against Set for that whole "Katarina Sun" business.

Oh that is soooooo not gonna be the last of it. lol
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
zyanitevp
Champion

The Dark Elf wrote:
Glistam wrote:CrIsis triumphant! It was an epic battle with a couple near-misses. We thought we were prepared to fight Modius. We were woefully unprepared to fight SIX of him. With a little luck and a little help from our friends, we defeated the arrogant and overconfident ruler of Hades and left his kingdom in ruins as we returned to Palladium with the Skull of Osiris. All that's left is making the journey to Khemenu in order to place the skull within the final pyramid, thus restoring the god Osiris back to life and completing Isis' ultimate revenge against Set for that whole "Katarina Sun" business.

No, but it is the last time for a number of years.
My Twitter
Image Image
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

zyanitevp wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:

So what u guys playing next???
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

The Dark Elf wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:

My vote would be a Western Empire Civil War campaign, but that's mostly because I've wanted to make a big map of that region for a long time.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

Hotrod wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:

My vote would be a Western Empire Civil War campaign, but that's mostly because I've wanted to make a big map of that region for a long time.

Once we finish up over the next month we'll be taking a break from Palladium Fantasy and moving into a Heroes Unlimited campaign set in Century Station. A God, Rebuilt was so long and epic that we all decided we'd take a "break" and just pound on villains for a while.

RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Everyone needs a good Hulk Smash type game from time to time.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
zyanitevp
Champion

zyanitevp wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:

So our final wrap up session is this Saturday at 6pm Pacific live on Twitch! Osiris will be reborn! Come say hello!! Here
My Twitter
Image Image
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

zyanitevp wrote:So our final wrap up session is this Saturday at 6pm Pacific live on Twitch! Osiris will be reborn! Come say hello!! Here

Am I the only one who read this as "Come say Hello to Osiris"?

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Glistam wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:So our final wrap up session is this Saturday at 6pm Pacific live on Twitch! Osiris will be reborn! Come say hello!! Here

Is he going to sign autographs?
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
zyanitevp
Champion

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Glistam wrote:

Stranger things have happened in this game....
My Twitter
Image Image
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

:lol:
zyanitevp wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Glistam wrote:

Stranger things have happened in this game....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

30 minutes to go. Jump on and enjoy the shenanigans.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Its done, and Crisis won. Osiris is in 1 piece again, and our characters wander off into the sunset to start happening to other people.
Epic adventure is complete
100 npc's joined us for the feast.

Last Goodbye
I saw the light fade from the sky
On the wind I heard a sigh
As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
I will say this last goodbye

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”