Priest of Light question.

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Priest of Light question.

Unread post by Eryk Stormbright »

so, last night I ran a game where a couple of chars had a run in with some Blighters (pg 120 Eternal Torment) and got the Pox Curse. I rolled that they would be cursed for 4 and 6 months. My players of coursed didn't like this all that much, and so next good sized town they came to that had a Priest of Light, they made a bee line to try and get the curse removed. My question is... How much should that have cost? I looked over the PoL but did not see a price they might charge for such a service, unless I'm just blind and missing it completely.
I am master of all I see.... and I see Everything.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Priest of Light question.

Unread post by eliakon »

I wouldn't charge them money.
I would instead have the priest offer them the blessing of their lord. If they would be willing to do the church a tiny little favor...
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

If they look rich they would be charged 20,000gp each plus a small task.
If they look poor they would get charged 1000-5000gp each plus a big task.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Agrees with Eli on this for the most part, if there was a quest in the waitings to be done. Or that the Temple would hold a marker over them for some time till there was a quest needing to be done.

However, if the local temple was done on funds....donations/tithes.... I would agree with Kir. that the priest would charge as much as the market would bear.With rich people being charged more then the poor.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

eliakon wrote:I wouldn't charge them money.
I would instead have the priest offer them the blessing of their lord. If they would be willing to do the church a tiny little favor...

I agree. It could be the lead in to their next adventure. Or the Church requires them to
do some manual labor. Dig some ditches, fix some fenses, etc. Or perhaps it requires a
conversion to their god. Work something into the adventure is always pleasing to me
than having them have to pay. Then again, if the party has a nice magic weapon,
maybe they need to hand it over.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I would actually be leery of letting it happen at all myself.
After all they got cursed for violating the gods warning...
...so, personally? In my game? The priest would basically get a "Help thou not the infidel who defies our word" followed by a "I have nothing to say to heretics like you, get out of my building before I call the guards!"
I mean seriously... you don't tell the gods to go pike it and then expect to get any help from them.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”