Garden of the Gods

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jimbo
Wanderer

Garden of the Gods

Unread post by Jimbo »

So what's the good word on this book? Might it actually see publication this year?
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Garden of the Gods

Unread post by The Beast »

Jimbo wrote:So what's the good word on this book? Might it actually see publication this year?

:lol: :lol: :(
The Beast

Now to answer your question seriously, do not believe Palladium is releasing any book until they say it is at the printers. I don't recall Palladium ever being on time with anything (with the exception of the Rifter, but each issue has a three month window to be on time) ever since Maryann left the company. Even then they were still late most of the time, but not as bad as it is now. Also currently it seems Rifts and Dead Reign are the only two things that anyone is really working on because they're the only two settings that Palladium seems to be releasing anything for. It would be nice to see stuff not from those two settings get released. As I understand it, several books had been turned in long ago, but for some reason Kevin's sitting on them. With any luck having Scott on board will help get the backlog unjammed, but I'm not going to be holding my breath on that anytime soon.
Jimbo
Wanderer

Unread post by Jimbo »

Yeah, I know. I was hoping that it would be before Christmas grab bag at least. I too wish they would work on lines other than rifts and DR.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

The only thing we know is that they are working on it, not that it will actually see print.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The Beast wrote:
Jimbo wrote:So what's the good word on this book? Might it actually see publication this year?

:lol: :lol: :(

Unfortunately I agree with him.
Even thou I wish I did not.

If PB goes the typical path, we might see A rifts book by the end of the year. (Talking about just the game books. The rifters will get published ….mostly on time.)

The latest newsletter says it 'in production' (figuring this means it is "not shelved").
However, there is not any cover art shown. I will not be expecting it to get to 'final production' till after there is some sort of cover art shown in the newsletter.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Rifts books sell better than Fantasy- that is obvious.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Looks like the (educated) guesses were right. Looking forward to see Sovietski.

That said, we really need a new fantasy book. GARDEN intrigues me even if I have no idea what it will be about, but for the blurb.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

I don't expect to see GotG till 2019 due to october's last e-mail newsletter.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I don't expect to see GotG till 2019 due to october's last e-mail newsletter.
Yeah, it was at the bottom of the list.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I don't expect to see GotG till 2019 due to october's last e-mail newsletter.

At least it was on the list. BTS2 sourcebooks didn't make the cut. :(
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Jack Burton wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

At least it was on the list. BTS2 sourcebooks didn't make the cut. :(

The Arcana book for BTS2 is something I'd like to see. But has 99.99% given up.

I have more hope on seeing PF books on the list because they have a greater chance of being published.
stormlordrising
D-Bee

Unread post by stormlordrising »

Given up hope on any really new Fantasy stuff except Rifter. Waited forever for LOD3 and the second magic book. I even said that in my XMAS grab bag. Don't see it happening so send me these instead. Still want Fantasy books published just wont preorder them.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

*throws out a wild idea*
Maybe if people put in their grab bag "what they want" section that they want LOD3, MoM2&3 and Garden of the Gods, that would tell KS that they want those books.
Jimbo
Wanderer

Unread post by Jimbo »

Nice idea, drewkitty, but it says right in the description and the "how to" portion of the directions "Don't ask for books they do not have". I agree with you that it might get the message across as to what we the players and purchasers of product would like to have.
The Beast

Well to be fair, Palladium always says to never let the rules get in the way of the story.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Garden of the Gods and LotD 3 were always going to be long shots since they were personal projects of K.S. and he has a lot on his plate as it is.
MoM 2 and 3... I don't know enough to say one way or the other about what the story there is to be honest. My suspicion is that the material submitted from the first project didn't pan out and they haven't had any one submit anything else that could be used to finish the line out (*hint hint... they do take submissions for material*)

It is sad but unfortunately true that it seems that the majority of the freelancers are submitting material for Rifts which results in Rifts getting the most material published. This of course helps create the circle of Rifts having the best sales because it has the material so it gets the support so it has the best sales so...
I am personally hoping for more freelance material (I am anticipating Phi and Lopan myself)

(Just my two cents here)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. I suggested something similar a few years ago.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=149556

My experience was that it caught very little traction. Some it the other places I posted the idea led to bickering about bow some other project should take precedence (RRT, BtS2 books, some sidelined Rifts book, etc.). So I'm skeptical of making a large and cohesive movement among the fans.

If we can get everyone on the same page and actually coordinate such an effort though, I'd be willing to participate. Farewell and safe journeys to all.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”