Stat of 30

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Stat of 30

Unread post by kiralon »

Just curious, has anybody here rolled or seen rolled 30 on the 3d6 stats?
and what class was played?

Do people here allow the extra, extra dice?
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Stat of 30

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I don't recall seeing it "naturally". We allowed them, but they're such long shots that I don't recall ever seeing one.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
dreicunan
Hero

Unread post by dreicunan »

I did once (for a superhero character that ended up in a fantasy campaign) and also got a 27 (16, 6, 5) and a 24 (17, 6, 1) to add to the statistical craziness. However, a guy who was supposed to also be in the campaign rolled two 30s (I didn't witness it as I had gone down to pick up the pizzas since I was done rolling stats) but then never did come to the sessions! IIRC he was going to play a wizard of some kind.
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Only PS after physical skills
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

The Dark Elf wrote:Only PS after physical skills

Oops, probably should have mentioned natural rolls ;)
cough - speed - cough

Highest I have seen is 28, and that was for PB.
Never cracked the 24 for myself.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

twice.

Once on PB for a character i had designed to be a total bruiser in a N&SS game. So he ended up being kind of a Fabio, ladies flocking from every corner of the the world. It was a pain, couldn't get anything done as he wasn't smart enough to avoid them.

The other time was in PF, nailed a 30 on on PP for a Mercenary. All of his stats were amazing, honestly. Ended up a major psychic as well as we used those rules. Just a silly, badass character who could do anything.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

I rolled a natural 30 on one character for PP. Can't recall anyone I ever played with rolling perfectly. I've had several that had multiple roles in the mid to high 20's.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

For the first time in my 32 years of roleplaying i rolled a natural 30 just this month. It was for PE for a wolven longbowman.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”