Secrets of the Atlanteans

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Secrets of the Atlanteans

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

I just read the preview of the new book, and am definitely going to order it!
Not only does it have lots of information of one of my favourite races, but the sections on Shadow Magic and Crystal Magic should add a lot to the fantasy line as well.
With my sons mind mage in possession of three crystal devices, this might help flesh out future adventures to learn more about this lost technology.
Anyone else thinking of importing some of this book to PF?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Secrets of the Atlanteans

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Only if they have SDC convesns in it.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Panomas II
Explorer

Unread post by Panomas II »

There are plenty of methods to convert the material... Though none are definite...

I'm looking forward to what Carl will bring (and dang it's been a long time coming) for the True Atlanteans.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

All books are Megaversal to me, but ever since I got the raw preview I've been excited by the idea of an "official" Shadow Mage O.C.C. to cast all the sweet shadow mage spells that exist. I don't think the crystal magic will really line up with the Island at the Edge of the World stuff, but I'm hopeful that Kevin's edits maybe changed that.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

Glistam wrote:All books are Megaversal to me, but ever since I got the raw preview I've been excited by the idea of an "official" Shadow Mage O.C.C. to cast all the sweet shadow mage spells that exist. I don't think the crystal magic will really line up with the Island at the Edge of the World stuff, but I'm hopeful that Kevin's edits maybe changed that.

It says that after the crystal spell section there is supposed to be a section of crystal weapons. I'm hoping they are similar to the ones found in IATEOTW. Unfortunately, none of these made it into the preview. Even if it's not the same as PF crystal magic, there should be plenty of facets that can be changed over into the psychic type found there. Only a few weeks to wait!
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Whiskeyjack wrote:I just read the preview of the new book, and am definitely going to order it!
Not only does it have lots of information of one of my favourite races, but the sections on Shadow Magic and Crystal Magic should add a lot to the fantasy line as well.
With my sons mind mage in possession of three crystal devices, this might help flesh out future adventures to learn more about this lost technology.
Anyone else thinking of importing some of this book to PF?

Hopefully it will give info on how to convert things into SDC.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Rogerd
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rogerd »

pblackcrow wrote:Hopefully it will give info on how to convert things into SDC.

I've changed a whole heap of things about magic in Palladium.
Costings for one.
Anything level 1, costs one point, two at level 2 etc.
For MDC stuff, I tend to use the old RQ stuff, in that full Magic-Users are able to alter or manipulate the spell, shape it if you will. They can change duration, area of effect, distance (and a whole host of other things), plus power level. Each additional level adds a zero to the output (damage), and doubles the casting cost. If they alter it up another step you get MDC spells and the casting cost is times five.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”