Violence Bad

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Veknironth
Hero

Violence Bad

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I was discussing some old adventures with a buddy and we were laughing at the stupid violent things people did in character in games. So often PCs resort to rolling those bones and attacking as a solution to a problem (or the creation of a problem). So I figured we'd make a list. Here are the parameters:

1. It has to be a PC being unnecessarily or excessively violent. The "unnecessary" and "Excessive" is objective but a reasonable player statute is in place. Would another PC in the same situation do the same thing, or find that behavior reasonable?
3. Violence, not just random stupidity.
2. There must be consequences.

So I'll start.

Near the village of Tamaran, in the Old Kingdoms Mountains near the Place of Magic, Laskales the Ranger bought a magic item from Uncle Basil's travelling caravan. In short order, he realized it didn't work. He went to Basil's home and demanded his money back, at night. No one answered the door. So, Laskales took out his longbow, nocked one of his precious cyclops made lightning arrows, and blew Basil's door off its hinges. This made quite a commotion, and Basil wasn't even inside. There were witnesses, because he had been banging on the door and yelling before blasting it, and they all could describe him to the mercenary guards. Laskales had to run as did the rest of the group, being known associates. We were followed all the way into Winthorp, and we were attacked on the way back.

-Vek
"I have many more."

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”