Adventures on the High Seas 1e Re: Immortality Circle

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Cap'n Nick
D-Bee

Adventures on the High Seas 1e Re: Immortality Circle

Unread post by Cap'n Nick »

I'm sure most of the people who remember me are long gone at this point, but . . .

So I have a question. I seem to recall from a loooooong time ago (like 20+ years ago at this point) that in 1e the circle of immortality had different effects than in the 2e version (of which I have a copy). That in 1e it did something to your PE stat, and something about freezing you in your current form (and that one of the "elves" was actually a changeling who happened to be masquerading as an elf and became trapped as an elf after using the circle).

Can anyone with a copy confirm this? What were the exact effects? Feel free to PM me.

Thank you!
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Adventures on the High Seas 1e Re: Immortality Circle

Unread post by kiralon »

Cap'n Nick wrote:I'm sure most of the people who remember me are long gone at this point, but . . .

So I have a question. I seem to recall from a loooooong time ago (like 20+ years ago at this point) that in 1e the circle of immortality had different effects than in the 2e version (of which I have a copy). That in 1e it did something to your PE stat, and something about freezing you in your current form (and that one of the "elves" was actually a changeling who happened to be masquerading as an elf and became trapped as an elf after using the circle).

Can anyone with a copy confirm this? What were the exact effects? Feel free to PM me.

Thank you!

Physical body stops aging
disease has no effect
+10 save vs poison
+60% save vs coma
Recovers from wounds at double normal rate

Roll on physical trauma table once
roll on insanity table twice.

you are thinking of when you roll 91-00 on physical trauma table and get physical metamorphosis reroll all stats as 3d6 no bouses rerolls (including for getting 18) mortal shape shifters are stuck permanently in current form, supernatural(e.g. dragons) are stuck in current for for 2d6 years
Cap'n Nick
D-Bee

Unread post by Cap'n Nick »

kiralon wrote:
Cap'n Nick wrote:I'm sure most of the people who remember me are long gone at this point, but . . .

Thank you!

Physical body stops aging
disease has no effect
+10 save vs poison
+60% save vs coma
Recovers from wounds at double normal rate

Roll on physical trauma table once
roll on insanity table twice.

you are thinking of when you roll 91-00 on physical trauma table and get physical metamorphosis reroll all stats as 3d6 no bouses rerolls (including for getting 18) mortal shape shifters are stuck permanently in current form, supernatural(e.g. dragons) are stuck in current for for 2d6 years

So you got all that from the 1e version of the book?
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

certainly did, you are now just missing the physical table pretty much.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”