OCC from last millenium

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

OCC from last millenium

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

I found a magic OCC on my computer that I started creating back in 1999. :shock:
I did a bit of polishing and then rolled up a character and progressed him through to level 12, making changes as I went.
I had to go from 1-12 again to readjust a ton of stuff. As originally written, this OCC could be considered demigods.
Just finished a rolling a brand new character and taking him to level 15. I think I'm finally got it well balanced as far as playability goes.
Now I just need to go over all the creation rules to make sure everything is clear.
This kind of exercise really sinks in all the work that must go into writing an actual manuscript for a supplement. I tip my hat to anyone with that amount of creativity and stamina!
Hopefully this can go in with my rune weapons as a rifter submission. Hopefully I get the chance to actually play test the OCC in the future.
Lukterran
Adventurer

Re: OCC from last millenium

Unread post by Lukterran »

What is the occupation? How is it different from all other occupations in the game? Is it a new type of magic?
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Re: OCC from last millenium

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

I don't want to give too much away as I intend to submit it to the rifter. The OCC is Enchanter. They use invocation spells (with access to most of PB spells), but use them very differently than standard Wizards or other spell casters. They also have a very different and down to earth attitude to life preferring to drink with soldiers than studying in musty libraries or hob-nobbing with the nobility.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”