College of Celestial Science?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

College of Celestial Science?

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Okay Dragons & Gods says this university is located in Temple City of Seki-Abtu which
I'm guessing is in the Western Empire as the only other reference I can find about the college
is in the Eastern Territory book under the reference of the University of Truth. It says its there
in the West. However, I've been looking over the Western Empire book and I see no listing of
a place called the College of Celestial Science. Are we having another editing issue or are my
reading and research skills waning in my old age?

The other issue where is Khemennu, in which according to D&G has over 2 million people living in
it. That would make it the largest city in the Palladium World (Caer Itom has 1.2 million).

Antes Temple and the Tower of Light is a easy to find as their reference is listed in the city of
Haven (East T).

Maybe that is why the Church of Light and Dark is waning as no one can find two of their major cities?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: College of Celestial Science?

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Throwing out names of places which are forgotten about and never discribed is a longstanding Palladium tradition.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Reagren Wright wrote:Okay Dragons & Gods says this university is located in Temple City of Seki-Abtu which
I'm guessing is in the Western Empire as the only other reference I can find about the college
is in the Eastern Territory book under the reference of the University of Truth. It says its there
in the West. However, I've been looking over the Western Empire book and I see no listing of
a place called the College of Celestial Science. Are we having another editing issue or are my
reading and research skills waning in my old age?

The other issue where is Khemennu, in which according to D&G has over 2 million people living in
it. That would make it the largest city in the Palladium World (Caer Itom has 1.2 million).

Antes Temple and the Tower of Light is a easy to find as their reference is listed in the city of
Haven (East T).

Maybe that is why the Church of Light and Dark is waning as no one can find two of their major cities?

Greetings and Salutations. There's an old thread that discusses some of these things. Editing has always been an issue, and just for clarity ...

Dragons & Gods was written by Kevin Siembieda & Erick Wujick (who doesn't specify).
Western Empire was written by Bill Coffin (who either forgot about it or didn't feel it belonged in the Western Empire).
Eastern Territory was written by Steve Edwards (whose book came last, and no one stopped him so he wins by technicality).

There's an old thread discussing the possible locations though and some of the surrounding facts and theories.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50374

Finding a 12 year old thread with the Search function still malfunctioning wasn't as easy as it should've been either. Farewell and safe journeys for now.[/justify]
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

My rule of thumb is, if it has an Egyptian-styled name, it's probably a New/Old Kingdom location. So I imagine those two places would be there.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

Mark Hall wrote:My rule of thumb is, if it has an Egyptian-styled name, it's probably a New/Old Kingdom location. So I imagine those two places would be there.

That is correct Old Kingdom, locations. Process of elimination. Can't be anywhere else other than either Land of the South Winds or Old Kingdom.

Actually exact locations were not given to give GMs ability to put them anywhere they want to fit into their campaign.
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Thanks folks. I wanted final verification on this subject matter. I don't know if I can fix the
situation but maybe try to some kind of compromise. We shall see.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

I actually put it on an island outside of the Western Empire in the Scarlet Waters for the city of Cynopolis. I put Sekti-Abtu in Lopan
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Throwing out names of places which are forgotten about and never discribed is a longstanding Palladium tradition.

One of my motivations for my map-making.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Reagren Wright wrote:Thanks folks. I wanted final verification on this subject matter. I don't know if I can fix the

Greetings and Salutations. I'm going from memory (at work and can't check my books, but will probably forget in another couple minutes), doesn't the Western Empire claim some land within the Old Kingdom?

This could help reconcile the pieces of information (Old Kingdom location yet still considered Western Empire as a technicality)? I'm just trying to throw out ideas. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

Prysus wrote:
Reagren Wright wrote:Thanks folks. I wanted final verification on this subject matter. I don't know if I can fix the

Greetings and Salutations. I'm going from memory (at work and can't check my books, but will probably forget in another couple minutes), doesn't the Western Empire claim some land within the Old Kingdom?

This could help reconcile the pieces of information (Old Kingdom location yet still considered Western Empire as a technicality)? I'm just trying to throw out ideas. Farewell and safe journeys.

Yes, the Western Empire does claim some land in the Old Kingdom but it makes no mention of course in regard to the boarder lands.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”