The question rarely asked on here...

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

The question rarely asked on here...

Unread post by pblackcrow »

How are you doing? As this year comes to a close, just thought I would ask.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Lukterran
Adventurer

Re: The question rarely asked on here...

Unread post by Lukterran »

:evil: Bah Humbug!! :x
pblackcrow
Champion

Lukterran wrote::evil: Bah Humbug!! :x

Well, clearly someone's cranky at the moment. LOL But really, this has nothing to do with Christmas. More to do with a new year and I'm wondering how everyone it. But it's quite alright, Mate, you don't have to answer if you don't wish to do so.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Nid oedd y flwyddyn fwyaf ond fi ceisio peidio â chynnal dig, diolch am ofyn.
Ond llawen i bawb Nadolig ac mae ganddynt flwyddyn newydd yn ddiogel.
pblackcrow
Champion

For me neither, Mate, I lost quite a few people. But I am still going strong.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Clean, sober and in a good spot for once in my life. Don't give up and stop repeating past mistakes. Your choices mold your reality.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

starting in october, i've got a on and off job…so doing better.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Congrats, hope its fun and lasts awhile for ya
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I'm doing as well as usual, which is pretty good. This should continue until around Jan 20.

-Vek
"Actually, I'll be fine. I'll just worry more about other people."
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

This year was pretty damn good, and next year is looking even better.
I started a new job in April, we finally found the camp lot we had be searching 20 years for amid the pines of the boreal forest, and I finally started roleplaying with the kids. Plus, the winter camping season is here, which should make for some fun times in the coming months.
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

pblackcrow wrote:
Lukterran wrote::evil: Bah Humbug!! :x

Well, clearly someone's cranky at the moment. LOL But really, this has nothing to do with Christmas. More to do with a new year and I'm wondering how everyone it. But it's quite alright, Mate, you don't have to answer if you don't wish to do so.

I was just being a smartass. :D I'm good.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Living the Dream! Really well! Have a great group of players, and wrapping up A God Rebuilt in October 2017!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

2016 was not the best year for me, but I'm still here, and looking for a brighter 2017.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

pblackcrow wrote:How are you doing? As this year comes to a close, just thought I would ask.

Greetings and Salutations. I generally don't talk about myself on here, or try to avoid it as much as possible at least. With that said, I'll answer the question anyways, because maybe I just need to say it.

Objectively: I'm doing well. I'm happily married, I have a steady job (work is slower than I'd like, but I'm still making as much as I need to live and I enjoy it for the most part), and making ends meet, and I'm healthy (as far as I'm aware). Life is definitely not perfect, but I'm surviving financially and I have people in my life that I care about (and vice versa). Overall not much to complain about.

Subjectively: I have almost no motivation to do anything, I tend to be highly agitated, probably bordering on depression at times and the only thing keeping me from completely dropping into it is the love of my wife. I truly believe she's my saving grace, my anchor. When I'm around others things can often seem fine, but how much of that is the mask I've learned to put on (instinct at this point) and how much is true, I just don't know any more. When I'm alone is when it hits hardest. My writing has suffered over the last two years (doing less and less as it gets harder and harder to push through it and pretend everything is fine). I keep trying different things to see if it'll help (tricks I've used in the past in some form or another), but nothing seems to work (at least not for long). Sometimes I just don't know what to do and I wonder if I'll ever be okay again. Logically I know things are well for me and I know this feelings will eventually go away, but I don't know how long that will take. I can tell you my life is good from a logical standpoint, but I can't say I feel that way right now. But I'll make it through, I always do.

Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Hope you find something that brings back the fun as your writing is good to read, and I'd guess more of that would come if you felt better, Depression isn't fun in any way shape or form so best wishes in finding the solution that works for you.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

I wish you all an excellent 2017, may we all be healthy, happy, and receive many new Palladium books, especially PFRPG!

I am doing ok, thank you for asking. Job is cool, pay is ok, family is safe and happy. I try not to worry too much.

The last year had many fine and some great moments, like meeting Dark Elf and Soldier of Od and several other friends, old and new, for several days of Palladium gaming in England :-) which was totally awesome :-)

Here is wishing that your new year and mine will have some such great moments and no trouble. Let us be badass without experiencing badness.

kiralon wrote:Nid oedd y flwyddyn fwyaf ond fi ceisio peidio â chynnal dig, diolch am ofyn.
Ond llawen i bawb Nadolig ac mae ganddynt flwyddyn newydd yn ddiogel.

Wow, Welsh. (I had to google translate, alas, but recognized it :-) ) Hope 2017 is going to be awesome for you!

Prysus wrote:Objectively: I'm doing well. I'm happily married, I have a steady job ...

Subjectively: ... I can tell you my life is good from a logical standpoint, but I can't say I feel that way right now. But I'll make it through, I always do....

You are a great guy and I am happy for you objectively but worry for you subjectively. You are a talented writer and I hope you will get into the groove for our sake and yours. I know writing is never easy (it ain't for me), but I also find it is catharsic and it sounds like you could use that. Seek a project and write away without pressure and obligation, just because you want to write it.

Stay safe and get well, Safe-Journeys-Man!

Kindest regards
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”