Blade mage question

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Glonkbonkalott
Newb

Blade mage question

Unread post by Glonkbonkalott »

If a blade mage cast Rippling blade on a rune sword.. Does it work giving it triple damage?
RavenStarver
Explorer

Re: Blade mage question

Unread post by RavenStarver »

I wouldn't think it would, as a lot of their spells specify that they don't work on magical weapons.
Really that's the only balancing factor given the Blade Mage, those guys are scary as all heck. I mean, armed with a dwarves claymore and this guy can do almost as much damage as a greater rune weapon.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Re: Blade mage question

Unread post by Hendrik »

RIPPLING BLADE does expressly not stack with multiple castings. I read that to mean that it must be the only enchantment present, but I realize that is a restrictive interpretation.

That said, some general comment to the Blade Mage:

I do not know if there actually is a balancing factor for this OCC. The total of +7 attacks (for a grand total of TEN according to the class description in Rifter 23 ... or even 12 APM total if you play with +2 APM for the living as I do) per the HTH:Blade Master alone is, frankly, ridiculously overpowered. A "normal" Assassin will not get past 6 total (8 with the +2 for the living).

I like the class but will only allow it for elves who learnt to fight in the time of the Elf-Dwarf war, i.e. no elf (normally) still alive. Even then I do not allow the HTH:Blade Master, but think they can be happy enough with choosing either HTH:Martial Arts or Assassin.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”