I actually gave double experience points...

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

I actually gave double experience points...

Unread post by pblackcrow »

For an act of selflessness, at exactly the right time, and the PC was a squire. Clammed none of the credit for an act of heroism and skill. Instead, he chose to gave it all to the noble he served, a noble who truly needed to shake things up and wake the people up before it was too late.

The noble wasn't going to take credit for it, but he persuaded him...Telling him, if you don't do this, all will be lost. I have them listening to you now. The rest is up to you.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
mirithol
Wanderer
Comment: What would Little Finger do?

Re: I actually gave double experience points...

Unread post by mirithol »

Agree. How much experience was the act of selflessness worth?
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

I don't recall if there is a standard amount for that. It's 500-700 for self-sacrifice and letting someone else take credit for your work isn't as difficult so it should probably be worth less.

If there were any guideline I would think it would be:
    100 for clever useful idea
    100-200 for deductive reasoning
    50 for good judgement
    50 playing in character
So 300-400.

It's basically IC to serve your lord anyway, and sort of enlightened self-interest because what benefits your lord benefits you.
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

I'd give extra depending on which option would have been of more benefit to the character. Perhaps hogging the glory would have been a huge boon for the character, maybe even hastening a knighthood. If pushing all the credit to the noble seriously benefits the character, then it's not truly a sacrifice.
pblackcrow
Champion

It does when the noble he chose to promote is an 19 year old who has not been very well received or treated too kindly by the grand duke or anyone else at the house of nobles. By the way, the grand duke is the speaker for the House of Nobles who was appointed by bribing the other members of the house, his father reported him to the king, but by than the GD had won. And had found out what his father had done and arranged his death and the kings as well. He went about smearing the reputations of both the noble in question and the crown prince before the wheel of the king's carriage every broke.

Plus he saved a lot of lives by doing what he did when he did it. So I gave him credit for that as well.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

Spoiler:
The GD is not dead...He got wind of the plot, and changed his appearance, but will be coming back.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Ah, nothing like convincing a noble lord to lie for "the greater good" to tip his toes into the path to the dark side. Well done indeed :D

I wonder how long it'll be until the noble starts expecting the squire to give him credit. he could always use a popularity boost after all...

(seriously, that is kind of cool the player was willing to not take credit, but it's also arguably a violation of knightly code as well, the path to hell being good intentions and all)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
pblackcrow
Champion

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Ah, nothing like convincing a noble lord to lie for "the greater good" to tip his toes into the path to the dark side. Well done indeed :D

I wonder how long it'll be until the noble starts expecting the squire to give him credit. he could always use a popularity boost after all...

(seriously, that is kind of cool the player was willing to not take credit, but it's also arguably a violation of knightly code as well, the path to hell being good intentions and all)

:D Yes. :lol: :demon: He left the door opened and it may back fire. Because the nobles who took the bribes are being called out and shall also lose face, status, and titles. So, it shall be 37 nobles. 37 noblemen and their families...Connections of a few of the older families are quite extensive. However, the newer ones were the primary targets for the GD's bribes.
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”