Romantic expression in the game.

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Romantic expression in the game.

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Romantic expression during game play can be very interesting when running a game. Especially when we have 2 PCs of totally different races falling in love. An orc and an elf are both falling for each other, and orcs in the campaign have already been established as Klingon like. The elf who is resitting a love poem is like "Did you just through a flower pot at me!?" And the Orc, so hormonal she reverts back to speaking orc "tIn ghu 'e' mev! vIparHa' ghegh DaSov!" Roughly translated..."Stop being a big baby! You know I like it rough!"
Ankh, udja, seneb.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Romantic expression in the game.

Unread post by kiralon »

I once had a player who used to always make his PB his dump stat, so whenever he did that I got all sorts of ugly critters to fall in love with him. The funniest was when he first made his character he asked if he could trade in all his equipment for a well made dwarven sword, I said fine and he started naked with a sword. One of the other party members got him a burlap sack to wear and he walked into the tavern and a level 8 orc female merc fighter immediately fell in love with him and chased him everywhere promising him nights of bliss. He would run and hide and get the other players to try to keep an eye out for her and she chased him for ages (she was going to make him a man, and said it in a deeper voice than he had). That was the last time he purposely made his PB his lowest stat.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Hope some "romantic stuff" I talk about between humans and Elves appears in the Lopan book.
No Half Elves children (genetically incompatible). But the two different races have definitely have
had their shares of coupling, although for one. It means watching them grow old and die while
you live another couple of centuries.
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Speaking of stats, you've got to here this one. A player summons a djinn (by the name of Ra-Chard), his first wish was to be physically stronger and able to lift some 250 lbs object without any trouble at the end of 90 days. Because the party was taking the winter months off for down time play. Ra-Chard smiles great big and asks him "Do you want some mambe-pambe magic item that raises your strength, or do you want to be A MAN and train like YOU'VE GOT A PAIR? When he said train...the djinn laugh!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Reagren Wright wrote:Hope some "romantic stuff" I talk about between humans and Elves appears in the Lopan book.
No Half Elves children (genetically incompatible). But the two different races have definitely have
had their shares of coupling, although for one. It means watching them grow old and die while
you live another couple of centuries.

I have always played it that the various Ladies of the Night were available in pretty much any race, but proper romance tends to be limited as rpg tends to be heavily male orientated and guys often aren't keen on the romance side of things. However I did have a magic staff fall in love with one of the characters and cause him all sorts of grief because he was playing a love em and leave em kind of guy.

@pb
Be careful what you wish for
I like slipping in things like, a ring of cold protection that also has 1 wish in it, so they think its just a cold res ring, but if they ever inadvertently say I wish ....... then it happens, usually to very funny results. eg The party was just leaving a battlefield where they had just won, and the character with the wish ring turns to the people remaining on the battlefield and says I Wish you ALL well. mwahahahahah.

Then a demon appeared and force fed everyone healing potions lol. Confused a lot of people I tell ya.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

I always thought a lot of romantically challenged individuals might be attracted to the Summoner OCC. The majority of the summoning circles have possible romantic implications for the morally flexible.

A good way to make money too. Summon something, sell it into various fields of slavery.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”