Non-Palladium Fantasy characters in Palladium Fantasy

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Non-Palladium Fantasy characters in Palladium Fantasy

Unread post by Glistam »

Is there any canon method IN the Palladium Fantasy books by which characters from Palladium's other game lines (Rifts, Heroes Unlimited, Beyond the Supernatural, etc) can end up in Palladium Fantasy? From outside the books, I've found stuff like this so far:

In Rifts Sourcebook 3: Mindwerks, the Tree of Darkness in the Black Forest of Europe contains a portal to an unspecified part of Palladium Fantasy. "A portal that resembles a dragon's head leads to the Palladium World."

In Rifts Dimension Book 2: Phase World, Level 2-A Gateland has two gates/portals connected to the Palladium Fantasy world. "Two gates are connected to the Palladium World, but are only used by the occasional dimensional traveler. These gates are unique in that their location keeps changing over time - the gates seem to be moving around the planet!"

I'd love to know though if there are either instances of portals in Palladium Fantasy that blatantly connect to the other game lines, or even if there are N.P.C.'s in any of the books who come from any of those other games. Thanks!
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: Non-Palladium Fantasy characters in Palladium Fantasy

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Coming TO palladium? Not that I know of. I could be wrong, but I think Coake the cyberknight founder is originally from Palladium, I think all we know of is out of palladium, not toward it.

The only case of someone from outside a fantasy world going to it is the dude in the Wormwood book, but I think he was from Rifts Earth anyway.

I could be wrong on both though, don't have books on me and haven't read Wormwood in over a decade.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

The rifts that open up into palladium open up in other worlds randomly as well and things wander through from where they open up to, Chaos Lands p. 166
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

2nd Edition mentions that herbal magic from Rifts England can be imported. It doesn't give many details, but the classes and magic can be imported without much conversion beyond M.D.C. to S.D.C. and a few modern-type skills either going away or getting replaced by fantasy-appropriate ones.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Hotrod wrote:2nd Edition mentions that herbal magic from Rifts England can be imported. It doesn't give many details, but the classes and magic can be imported without much conversion beyond M.D.C. to S.D.C. and a few modern-type skills either going away or getting replaced by fantasy-appropriate ones.

Ninja's and Superspies has something similar for Dedicated Martial Artists.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”