animal weaponry...

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

animal weaponry...

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

here we go...a list of animal weapons and reference.

it comes from watching too much cartoons with my boys. the claws and helmets in Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole. that's right folks, falconry can take on a whole new meaning.

bladed mounts...http://raulrk.deviantart.com/art/centauro-135813334. also google image African throwing knife, and imagine 1 or 2 attached to the forehead of the horse's face mask/helmet. and let's not forget about the horse on Disney's Tangled.

metal teeth and claws...alchemist can do it.

I have more, but they will have to wait. I have to take my boy's to the park.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: animal weaponry...

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Let's also not forget felines, canines, and "raptor"-esque creatures.

They can all (at least land bound creatures) take advantage of helmets/barding with weapons (spears/lance, spikes, rams). Canines (and maybe felines) can likely also handle bladed weapons in their mouth (ala Lion Voltron), though I suspect you have to train them. "raptor"-eque creatures could be intelligent enough to learn to use tools (IINM Rifts has a few examples of this).

Magical Weapons might also be viable for creating ranged attacks, though triggering is an issue, or even super charging their melee capabilities (imagine a Dog Biting down with a SN PS Bite).

You could also use a Falcon (or other flying creature) potentially to drop rocks or other things on the enemy from above and behind enemy lines.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Re: animal weaponry...

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

sorry it took so long.

metal feathers...alchemist.

"trap mouths"...the jaw and top teeth are like a bear trap.

Tail spikes.

etc.

I usually do the animals on 4x6 index cards. I also do spells, rune weapons, ships, etc on them.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”