Missing Random Encounter Table

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dracolych68
D-Bee

Missing Random Encounter Table

Unread post by Dracolych68 »

In the Old Ones book 2nd ed., on page 144, The Journey to Arian, it says to roll under an encounter table. Problem is, the only tables in the book are for the Deep Forrest and the like. Am I just missing it, or did the table not get reprinted in the 2nd ed.

If it didn't get reprinted, is there a copy of it floating around somewhere, in some obscure corner of the Cutting Room Floor or some Q&A some where? I would ask someone to type or photo-copy the table for me, but that is supposed to be a big no-no.

In short, is there any way to get this table without having to go buy the 1st ed. book for this one thing?
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Re: Missing Random Encounter Table

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

One of those things that got cut during the 1st and 2nd edition conversion. As of now you're only
option is to use the chart from 1st edition. However, a new random encounter table for the Old
Kingdom Peninsula and Old Kingdom Eastern Lowlands might appear in a future upcoming
sourcebook :wink:
Dracolych68
D-Bee

OK, just have to bite the bullet then. Thanks, Reagren Wright.

Out of curiosity, you wouldn't happen to know what book the other wards are in, would you? The pox and the other two wards that didn't make the conversion?
Last edited by Dracolych68 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dracolych68
D-Bee

OK, just bought them. Three pages of Random Encounter tables for the Old Kingdom. Wow, I thought it was only a little amount that was missing. Will make it sooo much easier with the game I'm running.

As for the 'Pox', 'Preserve' and 'Seeing' wards, they are all part of the Crypts of Gersidi adventure, in the back of the Main Book, 1st edition.

Out of curiosity, if someone were to update the adventure so it works with 2nd ed., do you think they would print it in, if not a source book, an issue of the Rifter?
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

The guy on the boards known as Madman Mike is currently updating Tombs of Gersadi
to a 2nd edition with Kevin's approval. In fact he was playing testing some stuff at
Gen Con 2016.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”