Cattle

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Re: Cattle

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

That could make for some interesting situations, especially if you turn it around on the players. Fresh out of the Tombs of Gersidi, with saddlebags full of loot and Deathkiss, the horse suddenly disappears, taking all their loot with it!
Axelmania
Knight

Re: Cattle

Unread post by Axelmania »

Mark Hall wrote:Summon Pawn doesn't summon people naked...

Or does it? Page 147 only mentions summoning the mortal humanoid. Are there any examples in the world books of people explicitly being summoned with accessories?

The way the components of the circle work (either 1. true name or 2. fresh blood w/ body part or lock of hair) it seems tailored to target a physiology instead of equipment.

I realize that a dimensional portal opens, but those can be selective in what they allow through (for example, anything leading into Nightbane will have tech destroyed) so the portal can selectively just let through the Pawn and nothing else.

If I could Summon Pawn a Syvan wearing a big cowboy hat because it's a rift, then I should also be able to bring along a Pixie hiding inside the hat by the same reasoning. If we allow other stuff besides the Pawn to come through because of a dimensional portal then people could summon a huge amount of stuff by summoning giant pawns which generate large portals.

Mark Hall wrote:it's far more likely that "Will not summon their equipment with them" would be mentioned, especially given the notes about being attacked by your pawn.

You mean "The Summoner may defend himself" ? Equipment isn't needed to harm a mage, you can punch them or strangle them without weapons, or pick up any items that might be present near the circle to throw, or it could be something with magical or psionic powers to attack with.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”