A new way of using both rats and zombies...

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

A new way of using both rats and zombies...

Unread post by pblackcrow »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUgELcEW0bk

And in PFRPG Zombies can regenerate. Although, I don't know about zombies carrying diseases. Magic would sorta negate the decaying process, in our games anyway. Animated dead, however, is another matter.

Thoughts...
Ankh, udja, seneb.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: A new way of using both rats and zombies...

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Zombies as a source of disease...

As a direct source, yes the magic stops the decay process by all indications. Weather they can be the direct source of a disease I'm not sure of because of the magical influence.

However as an indirect source though there could still be used as carriers without question. Bacteria along with tics/fleas (probably a few things I'm not thinking of either) are likely coating the body and its clothes. I don't see the magic preventing that, only stopping the decay and sustaining the body. So if you could have bacteria (or something else) present as the actual vector to spread disease.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

You could also use the Create Zombie ritual ON a rat... took me a while to realize there was nothing restricting this (or Mummy) to large or sentient species.

When all stats are the same, may as go with the smallest possible body.

Only downside I can see is no hands to wield weapons, you'd need at least a zombie monkey for that.
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Axelmania wrote:You could also use the Create Zombie ritual ON a rat... took me a while to realize there was nothing restricting this (or Mummy) to large or sentient species.

When all stats are the same, may as go with the smallest possible body.

Only downside I can see is no hands to wield weapons, you'd need at least a zombie monkey for that.

If I wanted to go that rout, I would do a zombie ratling...mostly to clean out the sewers.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

I'd prefer something easier to capture so I can kill them close enough to a full moon. Summoners would be useful there.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

NICE!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”