Long bowmen

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SamBell
Explorer
Comment: What is grief, if not love preserving?

Long bowmen

Unread post by SamBell »

Just a quick question: can long bowmen add in their PP bonuses whilst using a long bow?

EDIT: spelling
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61- Colonel Cambell
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Re: Long bowmen

Unread post by Natasha »

SamBell wrote:Just a quick question: can long bowmen add in their PP bonuses whilst using a long bow?

I feel like I've read something about it in another one of the games, but in PFRPG it's up to your interpretation although I don't see a reason not to add them.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Well it says pp is a bonus to strike, not pp is just a bonus to hit with hth weapons, so yes it does add to ranged weapon attack.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

SamBell wrote:Just a quick question: can long bowmen add in their PP bonuses whilst using a long bow?

Yes, the PP bonus is added to archery strikes.
It is only with modern weapons that the PP bonus does not add to the strike roll.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
SamBell
Explorer
Comment: What is grief, if not love preserving?

Unread post by SamBell »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

It is only with modern weapons that the PP bonus does not add to the strike roll.

Where exactly is that at in the books (of at all)?

I'm having an "argument" with a friend. Thanks!
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61- Colonel Cambell
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

check w.p modern weapons

but id ask him where It says a type of weapon doesn't get the PP bonus, because it certainly doesn't say it in wp archery, and the description of the bonus doesn't say + to strike with melee weapons, it just says + to strike. So anything that is is a roll to strike (spells included unless it says otherwise).
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

SamBell wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

Where exactly is that at in the books (of at all)?

I'm having an "argument" with a friend. Thanks!

Starting out leaving out the "modern weapons" don't get the PP bonus that is a part of the other setting's canon rules. (Blatantly: said rule is not in the PFRPG 2nd ed setting's canon rules.)

The PF2 rules say that the PP bonus is added to all strikes, parries and dodges. There is no proviso for any attacks no matter what weapon or empty hand attack used to have the PP bonus excluded from being used form being applied to that attack.

There is no text in the PF2 canon that excludes ranged attacks from receiving the PP bonus. More then that there is no canon rule, far as I know, in any of the settings that exclude any ancient weapons from having the PP bonus being applied to attacks made with them.

Rules for other settings only apply to the the PF setting only if the GM imports them for his game.

You friend has the responsibility to find and provide the text that supports his argument, which seams to be an assumption based in the Modern weapons rules about the PP bonus found in the other settings' rules.

A counter point to the normal Modern weapons rules about the PP bonus: The PF2 WP Modern Weapons. With this WP the only bonuses the char gets is their PP bonus. Yes, this is only canon in the PF2 setting but it is still something to negate any arguments/assumptions that the Modern weapons rules about the PP bonus from the modern day settings do not apply to the PF2 setting.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

PP bonus to long-range artillery :D

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”