Randi Cartier

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Veknironth
Hero

Randi Cartier

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I don't know how many of you have heard the news or not, but Randi passed away. She was only in her 50's and it came as a surprise to her family. I also don't know if any of you met her or knew of her. She was one of the original play testers for the Palladium Fantasy Role Playing Game. She has written articles for the Rifter, contributed to The Adventures on the High Seas, The RDF Accelerated Training Program, TMNT and Other Strangeness, and Rifts Russia. She also wrote the manuscript for the Old Kingdoms, although it was just before 2nd Edition came out.

She was also someone I considered a friend. I don't even recall how we started out correspondence, but I first met her at the Origins Convention...uh let's say a long time ago. She was always kind to me and had a big hug whenever we met. She was a mean GM, and I say that with the utmost respect and affection. There was no meta gaming with her, no messing around, and no freebies. The bad guys tried to kill you and they'd play dirty if possible. And yet, she was a really, really kind person off the table and I'm sad for her husband Roger, her family, and to a lesser extent myself and the gaming community at large.

There is a thread in the All Things Palladium Books page viewtopic.php?f=1&t=151055

-Vek
"Randi, if you can read this, game on!"
RockJock
Knight

Re: Randi Cartier

Unread post by RockJock »

Very sad to hear. I only met Randi once, but she was very nice, and will be missed.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”