Hercules Club vs Vampires

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RavenStarver
Explorer

Hercules Club vs Vampires

Unread post by RavenStarver »

So long story short I'm looking at adapting the Catacombs of Dragonwright adventure for my 2nd Ed group, but I obviously don't want a party wipe because people didn't bring silvered weapons :P
So I'm looking over things, we've got a Wolfen knight who with proper weaponry could just rip through anything short of a Secondary level Vamp. But I'm curious about a specific weapon, his hercules club. Does a hercules club have iron banding? Is it a giant mace? basically would it work on a vampire or not?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Hercules Club vs Vampires

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The Compendium of Weapons says it is 'European club of wood studded with nails'.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
RavenStarver
Explorer

Unread post by RavenStarver »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:The Compendium of Weapons says it is 'European club of wood studded with nails'.

That's kind of what I figured. So would it fall under the description on vampires, "tipped arrows bounce off doing no damage unless silver"? Or maybe give the weapon like a 50-50% chance of the wood being what connects, inflicting damage?
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

I actually thought they were a type of footmans mace, with a wooden haft and Iron bound head (which can be silver coated)but the western empire has the full write up on vamps and I would recommend getting it.

They are, however, vulnerable to weapons made of wood,weapons made of or coated in silver, magic, holy water, and sunlight.

So if the nails are silver dipped, the wood still does damage so the point would be moot, and if you want to be extra effective carve little holy cross symbols on the weapon.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

These are some pictures close to what is depicted in the Compendium of Weapons.
http://preview.turbosquid.com/Preview/2 ... iginal.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 52362d.jpg
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”