Population Size and Density

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Population Size and Density

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hiya,

I have seen a wonderful map/chart in Monsters & Animals (p. 18 IIRC) which shows population percentages per area. That's great and seriously helpful for me, but it does not say too much without knowing the reference number. X% of what? Are there numbers on that?

Is there a population density figure somewhere about the areas of the Palladium world?

Cheers
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Lukterran
Adventurer

Re: Population Size and Density

Unread post by Lukterran »

Hendrik wrote:Hiya,

I have seen a wonderful map/chart in Monsters & Animals (p. 18 IIRC) which shows population percentages per area. That's great and seriously helpful for me, but it does not say too much without knowing the reference number. X% of what? Are there numbers on that?

Is there a population density figure somewhere about the areas of the Palladium world?

Cheers
Hendrik

That little map is just telling you the average humanoid make up in a region of the world. For example: Old Kingdom Mountains 40% Kolbold, 20% Orc, 12% Dwarves, 9% Ogres and 4% other races.

So you player party is more likely to encounter Kobolds and Orcs in the Old Kingdom Mountains than Humans and Elves for example.

And no there isn't a published map with population density for all humanoid races in the Palladium World it doesn't exist. You could create a pseudo map based on population breakdowns pulled from information about cities that have been printed in the world books.

For example: Acoroc in the Timiro Kingdom has a Population: of Dwarves 24,000 Humans 6,000 and Orc Slaves 1,000

It would still be incomplete because it would not take into consideration villages, towns and cities that haven't been published about or other rural or wilderness areas.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

How is it that 6 inch fairies and any other species permanence-warded to stay that size with the shrinking spell haven't taken over due to their superior use of space?
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

Axelmania wrote:How is it that 6 inch fairies and any other species permanence-warded to stay that size with the shrinking spell haven't taken over due to their superior use of space?

The crows and rats always wipe out the colonies.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Lukterran wrote:That little map is just telling you the average humanoid make up in a region of the world. For example: Old Kingdom Mountains 40% Kolbold, 20% Orc, 12% Dwarves, 9% Ogres and 4% other races.

So you player party is more likely to encounter Kobolds and Orcs in the Old Kingdom Mountains than Humans and Elves for example.

And no there isn't a published map with population density for all humanoid races in the Palladium World it doesn't exist. You could create a pseudo map based on population breakdowns pulled from information about cities that have been printed in the world books.

For example: Acoroc in the Timiro Kingdom has a Population: of Dwarves 24,000 Humans 6,000 and Orc Slaves 1,000

It would still be incomplete because it would not take into consideration villages, towns and cities that haven't been published about or other rural or wilderness areas.

I know. Thank you still. I just wanted to know if I have overlooked something. The books tend to "hide" information gems.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Axelmania wrote:How is it that 6 inch fairies and any other species permanence-warded to stay that size with the shrinking spell haven't taken over due to their superior use of space?

Funny. Thanks.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”