Tornado

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Veknironth
Hero

Tornado

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, answering snarkily on another post brought this to my attention. The 7th level Air Warlock spell Tornado (Main rule book page 227) states that the caster "...can manuever the tornado as he desires in any direction."

So, my first question is how fast does it travel? Is there a speed at which the warlock can move the funnel across a battle field, or what have you? Is there any inertia? Can the twister make sharp cuts?

Also, does that include the Y-axis? Can the tornado be moved up the side of a sheer cliff face?

Finally, how tall is it? Can one fly overtop of it?

-Vek
"You all must be tired of me asking these types of questions by now."
Lukterran
Adventurer

Re: Tornado

Unread post by Lukterran »

Well in regards to the speed of a Tornado I would make it move at 30 miles per hour (Or a SPD of 44). That is the average speed of a normal tornado. Although it can range anywhere from 0-60mph according to NOAA.

Being from the land of Tornados I know very well that they can make sharp turns. Now the speed that those turns happen would be anyone's guess? but I would think your warlock could change its direct with each action per melee.

Lastly, yes a Tornado should be able to move up and down or going flying aloft into the clouds. Now in regard to its range. I would keep with the 600ft. It isn't like a true tornado and being thousands of feet high powered by a supercell storm. It is a magical construct and is probably much more localized.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”