I need some Elvish NPC's to occupy Therendil in LotD

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

I need some Elvish NPC's to occupy Therendil in LotD

Unread post by Thinyser »

I have been running an epic level LotD campaign on and off over the last 2 years and am approaching allowing the characters to reach Therendil and attempt to rouse the stagnant elves. Since there is like 117,000 elves there and I'm planning on make it take some real work (and therefore lots of time and interaction) to get the PC's to get them to battle the evil that is making a resurgence, I'm gonna need some NPC's to interact with.

I'm looking for some :? to create them. I'm needing about 12-20 nobles of various ages and dispositions (I plan on having these be the leaders of the parliament) and some others like the king's seneschal, a librarian, maybe a court :fool: (that is really not a fool ;) ) a captain of the guard and a captain of the Therendrun (the palace guard) and whomever else you might feel like creating!

If you would like to participate by creating one or more NPC feel free to use my character sheets or not as you like. If possible include stats, an OCC if you like (though hedonist nobles they still might pick up some useful skills and abilities over the centuries), and for sure a paragraph (or 2 or 10) about their attitudes, overall moral compass (alignment) and about their specific vices/hedonistic tendencies. :twisted: OR If you have pre-made NPCs that are already elves or could be easily tweaked to be elves feel free to post 'em! :bandit: (if you use the character sheets just save them to google drive and upload a link here for all to use or just post your write up here, this way not only can I use them but others can have some NPCs to use if they like)

I will then create alliances and opposing factions within the group. :demon:

Oh and there is no real rush as it's likely to be a month or more before I can run the game again.

Thanks in advance for any submissions!
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: I need some Elvish NPC's to occupy Therendil in LotD

Unread post by say652 »

Malik.
Aberrant evil.

Palladium Elf Demon Quellar. Level 3.

Malik The Feared was locked in a terrible duel with seven Maku Oni his katana low forward right-hand grip, Wakazashi reverse left hand grip.
Reading to slay the fearsome raiders he suddenly fell through a portal beneath his feet.
Falling for a second then landing in the center of a dimensional portal he woke you here two days ago.

Gear lesser rune Diasho.
Kimono.
Sandals.

About 1500 gold pieces.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

[justify]Greetings and Salutations. I have a few Elven NPC on my site: Living the Fantasy. These characters were not designed for your specific situation though (hedonistic nobles), but some are Elves (as requested). Some of them were created in my younger days, when I was first introduced to Role-Playing Games. Like many young gamers I put an emphasis on stats and combat, so you may want to tweak them as you see fit. Still, I hope they'll give you at least a good starting point and save you some time (if you don't use them as is). NPC include:

Generic, and be wary of stats
D'Elmi: Female Elf Palladin with a listed connection to G'Renn. I remember rolling really well on her stats (I think her P.S. came out to 28 or 30 before skills using the exploding dice rule).
G'Renn: Male Elf Thief. If you wanted to make him a hedonistic noble, I could easily see him being the type that seduces other nobles, and loves to steal some type of family heirloom. The heirloom doesn't have to be valuable in a monetary sense, only in that it cannot be replaced and will be missed. If you wanted to use this to engage the player characters, one of his former victims could be seeking their aid to retrieve such a lost and prized possession.

Nicely detailed, but designed for a specific campaign setting (post Eastern Territory/Wolfen War)
Ien the Darklight: Elven Male listed as "Psi-Mystic" on the site. There's a listed connection to C'Essa, as she is the one source of light he sees in an otherwise dark world. He has faith in little else and would gladly watch the world burn if not for her.
C'Essa: Elven Female listed as the "Psi-Healer" on the site. There's a listed connection to the Ien the Darklight, with a history written from his point of view.

Easily Converted
Lyris: Female Human Knight, but her attributes fit well as an Elf. Noble born, but with a craving for adventure as the traditional court life bores her. She's also highly racist against any other race (as a Human that included Elves, though not as badly as Wolfen and other monster races, and as an Elf that would also include prejudice against Humans).

Feel free to check out the others on the list, and you may find more you like. If you're including Elves though, let me also recommend the following:

Elven Culture: Though, as written, this wouldn't have existed until the Age of Elves, this can help give the city and its people some added flavor.
The Magic of Elves: Discussing further whether Elves are or are not Creatures of Magic, and how magic influences them biologically.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Bruce Copper Beech.
Anarchist Alignment.

Palladium Elf Fire and Water Warlock.

Bruce is a young and gifted Warlock that always wears purple, his favorite color.
For formal events his Gold and Purple wizards robes are normally worn, when in the field he prefers a suit of Half Plate Armor with a long purple cape asks Cowl.

*Average stats, except PB 26.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Thanks!
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”