Doomsday Weapons

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Razorwing
Hero

Doomsday Weapons

Unread post by Razorwing »

Given what happened to the City of Baalgor in the final years of the Elf/Dwarf War... it would seem that both the Elves and Dwarves were working on WMD projects to try and end the war.

How likely is it that the weapon used to create the Baalgor Wastelands was the extent of this research? Unfortunately, I don't have access to the Baalgor Wastelands book at the moment to see if there is any information on such weapons... so I thought I would come to this forum to see what ideas people here have come up with.

What ancient weapons of mass (magical?) destruction have you hidden within the world... secret projects crafted by Elves or Dwarves to win their ancient war? Were they buried at the end of the war with the hope that they would never be uncovered (only for the bold and curious to do exactly that)? Are there hidden clans of Elven Wizards or Dwarven mystics who are still working on such projects, thousands of years later... never realizing that the war has ended? What fail safes are there to prevent these weapons from being used... and how many of those fail safes have failed. Have any of these weapons fallen into the wrong hands... and if so, do those who now have them realize just what it is they have?

With a new massive conflict brewing between the Wolfen Empire and the Eastern Territories... both very close to Elven and Dwarven ruins... have either side begun searching them for anything that might give them an edge in such a war in your games? Has your groups been sent to prevent such a weapon from being used... or to secure one for use against one side or the other? Were they eventually used? How much damage did they cause if so?
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Re: Doomsday Weapons

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Razorwing wrote:Given what happened to the City of Baalgor in the final years of the Elf/Dwarf War... it would seem that both the Elves and Dwarves were working on WMD projects to try and end the war.

How likely is it that the weapon used to create the Baalgor Wastelands was the extent of this research? Unfortunately, I don't have access to the Baalgor Wastelands book at the moment to see if there is any information on such weapons... so I thought I would come to this forum to see what ideas people here have come up with.

What ancient weapons of mass (magical?) destruction have you hidden within the world... secret projects crafted by Elves or Dwarves to win their ancient war? Were they buried at the end of the war with the hope that they would never be uncovered (only for the bold and curious to do exactly that)? Are there hidden clans of Elven Wizards or Dwarven mystics who are still working on such projects, thousands of years later... never realizing that the war has ended? What fail safes are there to prevent these weapons from being used... and how many of those fail safes have failed. Have any of these weapons fallen into the wrong hands... and if so, do those who now have them realize just what it is they have?

With a new massive conflict brewing between the Wolfen Empire and the Eastern Territories... both very close to Elven and Dwarven ruins... have either side begun searching them for anything that might give them an edge in such a war in your games? Has your groups been sent to prevent such a weapon from being used... or to secure one for use against one side or the other? Were they eventually used? How much damage did they cause if so?

One of my favorite doomsday scenarios was the Glaive of the Old Ones, Rifters 25 & 26.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”