Elves

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drakinn
Explorer

Elves

Unread post by drakinn »

So where do most elves live in pfrpg?
Skilled Warriors of old
Their wariness was as that of one crossing a river in winter;
Their caution was as that of one in fear of all around;
Their gravity was as that of a guest
Their relaxation was as that of ice at the melting point

Tao Te Ching
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Elves

Unread post by kiralon »

Timiro, Old Kingdom and Western Empire, with a conclave of elves and dwarves in the yin sloth and a mythical elven city somewhere up north
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

The Land of the Damned has the biggest canon concentration of elves to date. The Kingdom of Therendil (Land of the Damned 2: Eternal Torment) in the Darkest Heart region. It's the small sword-in-stone icon on my Land of the Damned map. About 120,000 elves live there within their walled city/palace.

Their story is one of the greatest tragedies of the Land of the Damned: they are a people who have lost their way. Bereft of the hopes and dreams of the original garrison, they have long since given up on the world outside their walls.

Otherwise, elf populations tend to be blended into human populations. The Western Empire has many elves, though they're a minority. A few citadels remain in the Old Kingdom, though they're generally not nice places. I believe that Phi also has a large elf population. I'm not sure about Lopan.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Elves are in Lopan, Phi, Eastern Territory (where they have some large communities), and
scattered about through the rest of the world.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Caer Itom probably has more elves than the entire eastern territories with about 170,000
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

elves can be found anywhere. but Old kingdom has probably the most.
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

See, I've long pictured the Old Kingdom as being almost entirely overrun with the monster races... few outposts of men, dwarves, or elves.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

Mark Hall wrote:See, I've long pictured the Old Kingdom as being almost entirely overrun with the monster races... few outposts of men, dwarves, or elves.

I've always viewed it the same. Just from the limited info given in the books I've always pictured the largest concentration to be in the Western Empire.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Whiskeyjack wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:See, I've long pictured the Old Kingdom as being almost entirely overrun with the monster races... few outposts of men, dwarves, or elves.

I've always viewed it the same. Just from the limited info given in the books I've always pictured the largest concentration to be in the Western Empire.

I have the occasional foray into the old kingdom for men but they get eaten
and most people forget that numerically the western empire has a huge population, Caer Itom Alone has close to 2 million beings living there.
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

kiralon wrote:Timiro, Old Kingdom and Western Empire, with a conclave of elves and dwarves in the yin sloth and a mythical elven city somewhere up north

There is also a handful (at most) of elven cities in the old kingdom.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Reagren Wright wrote:Elves are in Lopan, Phi, Eastern Territory (where they have some large communities), and
scattered about through the rest of the world.

This
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Monster and Animals page 18

Elves 16% of population of Eastern Territory
11% of population of Timiro

As for the rest of the world they are in Other category, which includes Western Empire.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

But if you count the numbers in the other books caer itom itself(170k) beats em easily oddly enough, even the city in the lotd has only about 120-130k elves whereas the eastern territories has about 65000 all told in its cities combined and it averages around 3%-4% elves in those cities, and I would assume that the books about particular locations would be the ones you go to for these details, rather then monsters and animals ?
Reagren Wright

The Monster and Animal 2nd edition reference (page 18) existed way back in the 1st
edition rules. The second edition books have given the world a much larger population
overall, but Elves seem to be less frequent in number. As in my own experience, Bill
probably didn't take the population reference into consideration when writing Western
and Kevin went along with it (as is his divine right). I'm certain in newer books we
may see this topic get explored some more.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”