Western Empire book typo?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

Western Empire book typo?

Unread post by VR Dragon »

I was doing some research on magical weapons and armors and found what looks like a type.

The PFRPG main book says up to 4 enchants can be placed on armor and 3 on weapons. But then western empire book says only 3 magical attributes can be placed on magical armor or weapons.

So is this some kind of typo? is there any errata for this book i can look up?
Veknironth
Hero

Re: Western Empire book typo?

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I'd go with the main book. Perhaps the Western Empire has a limit on weapon enchantments or they haven't figured out how to put in that 4th enchantment.

-Vek
"Probably an error."
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I say typo or continuity error. I'm still trying to figure out why it takes 48 hours to put four magic features
on armor in a rush 48 hours but to give a weapon one ability (i.e., make a sword glow) it takes 2D4
months :-? ?
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

This is the kind of thing I'd expect in a book of magic. Clear concise rules on every aspect of magic, from learning spells, gaining spells, making new spells, enchanting items and anything else magic related. All clearly laid out in one book with consistency throughout.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Yep the Western Emp. Writer messed up, and the editor didn't catch it ether. Keep with the mainbook.

Reagren Wright wrote:I say typo or continuity error. I'm still trying to figure out why it takes 48 hours to put four magic features
on armor in a rush 48 hours but to give a weapon one ability (i.e., make a sword glow) it takes 2D4
months :-? ?

Because you are misreading the text.

Armor
Standard: takes 5-10 days to put one feature into an armor.
Rush Job: Takes 48 hours to put in one magic feature into an armor. +50% added cost.

Weapons
Standard: takes 2d4 months to put one feature into a weapon. (custom made cost 20-40% more then list)
Rush Job: (No text in the PF main book about this.)

---------
Rush Jobs are just asking for a GM to put a time limit on the enchantment. And like with the Ultra Volt batteries failing just as the character needs it most, if the GM is EVIL!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted:
---------
Why is it harder to enchant weapons....??? *shrugs* Maybe because they to be more strongly enchanted because the weapon will take abuse and need repair.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”