Munchkin/Rules Lawyer Challenge: Best Non-Alchemist FINISHED

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Munchkin/Rules Lawyer Challenge: Best Non-Alchemist 1-Ha

Unread post by kiralon »

Hotrod wrote:
kiralon wrote:Hex Crafted Grodnelite Javelin
7d6+6 +4 strike +4 parry(lol) +8 damage, damages everything in a 10ft radius,
so squeeze 8 people into a 10ft by 10ft area and thats
56d6+48 dam +4strike and another +8 to damage if you want to add the hex bonus also cant be dodged, and if you are under 12ft tall you have a %50 chance to lose initiative and an attack and be knocked to the ground or just lose initiative, also if armour isn't penetrated it does full damage to armour and 1/3 damage to person

Multiple targets multiplication is some serious shenanigans. +1 Munchkin point, but I can't allow that, as damage is always listed in the books for one target. I'll count it as a special attack, though.

Grodnelite is genious, though! I have no idea if the hex bonus should apply, but what the heck, I'll allow it for a single target. We have raw damage and the bonuses (including the parry, which is too hilarious of a mental image for me to disallow). We also have a unique special knockdown attack (+2) that can damage with a near-miss (+2)
21+4+4+8+2+2=41 points! if you giant-size the javelin (which you didn't do, but what the heck, I'm feeling generous; I never said I was a good judge), you have 44 points, which gives you the overall lead!

:) it also does more damage if you don't penetrate armour (full to armour, 1/3 damage to person inside)
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

kiralon wrote:
Hotrod wrote:
kiralon wrote:Hex Crafted Grodnelite Javelin
7d6+6 +4 strike +4 parry(lol) +8 damage, damages everything in a 10ft radius,
so squeeze 8 people into a 10ft by 10ft area and thats
56d6+48 dam +4strike and another +8 to damage if you want to add the hex bonus also cant be dodged, and if you are under 12ft tall you have a %50 chance to lose initiative and an attack and be knocked to the ground or just lose initiative, also if armour isn't penetrated it does full damage to armour and 1/3 damage to person

Multiple targets multiplication is some serious shenanigans. +1 Munchkin point, but I can't allow that, as damage is always listed in the books for one target. I'll count it as a special attack, though.

Grodnelite is genious, though! I have no idea if the hex bonus should apply, but what the heck, I'll allow it for a single target. We have raw damage and the bonuses (including the parry, which is too hilarious of a mental image for me to disallow). We also have a unique special knockdown attack (+2) that can damage with a near-miss (+2)
21+4+4+8+2+2=41 points! if you giant-size the javelin (which you didn't do, but what the heck, I'm feeling generous; I never said I was a good judge), you have 44 points, which gives you the overall lead!

:) it also does more damage if you don't penetrate armour (full to armour, 1/3 damage to person inside)

Good point. Another 2 points, for a total of 46, plus one Rules Lawyer point for you!
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

[Justification] Nightbane Between the Shadows makes mention that both Dwarves and Elves can be the Facade of a Nightbane. This would indicate that the Palladium world has at least a small connection to the Nightlands. Further Between the Shadows makes mention of connection to the HU world, Rifts, N&SS, et al. Now when discussing Nightbane there are Dopplegangers, even awakened ones, that possess all the powers and skills (like the various weapon forging abilities) of their non-Nightlands counterparts. [/Justification]
A cabal of such Dopplegangers could forge a Darkblade sword (4D6 damage to start, and ignores all AR but that of the Nightlords) with the following additions:

Precision Weapon Forging (AUGG)
+4 Damage
+2 Parry
+2 Strike

Ancient Weapon Master forging (PU2)
+6 Damage
+3 Parry
+3 Strike
+3 Throw

Further a skilled weapons craftsman can make an ornate sword, placing a jewel in the crossguard, and another in the sword's Pommel.
Now if we use this to inlay a Crystal from Island at the Edge of the World, and a Soul Gem from Dyvall (or two Crystals) you can add additional enhancements.

Then add on the Hex Mastercrafter's Dwarven crafting abilities for the +6 strike, +6 Parry +8 Damage.

This gives you a weapon in the Palladium world (via Nightlands) that is nigh-indestructible, can damage nearly anything, ignores ARs, does 4D6+18+PS damage, is +11 Strike, +11 Parry, and +3 to be thrown, and has abilities available through inlayed gems that will vary based on the jewels inlayed.

(I am sure I could find more to add if I looked, but I think that is enough for now).
Oderint Dum Metuant.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Questions:
Officially White Metal (Kormath's blood from Dragon & Gods) has unknown properties, but is supposedly more powerful than the other 3. How do we define it's abilities? Since by the text I could say X, but you could say Y, and someone else says X+Y or even Z, etc. This way we have a common working definition of the material for the purposes of this thread.

In Weapons & Armor pg48 (sorry don't have the compiled version) in the note section it talks about Obsidian (5th paragraph, left column under Halfted). It is said "it is sharper than any steel edge", so steel edged weapons made with Obsidian would be suggested to do more damage. What modifier should we use so we are on the same page if we replace a steel edge with Obsidian?

Hotrod wrote:The metallic bull whip is some outside the city block thinking. Very creative design, but unfortunately DQ'd for not being a canon design.

I do not see how it is not a canon design? It is a bull whip for all practical purposes, which is a canon design.

That the material is not standard for a bull whip I grant you, but the material chosen is more flexible than normally used in a foil, which is a pretty flexible blade and it is now using an even more flexible material? So I can see it drooping like a bull whip, and if the foil is giant-size (or lengthened) that means it would have greater reach and add to the drooping effect IMHO. And basically you want us to use non-standard materials (and/or construction techniques) to produce superior weapons.

kiralon wrote:so squeeze 8 people into a 10ft by 10ft area and thats

You are not thinking munchkin enough: Why squeeze normal sized people into the radius, why not go with smaller targets, like a Farie, to maximize total damage based on number in a given area.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

13eowulf wrote:[Justification] Nightbane Between the Shadows makes mention that both Dwarves and Elves can be the Facade of a Nightbane. This would indicate that the Palladium world has at least a small connection to the Nightlands. Further Between the Shadows makes mention of connection to the HU world, Rifts, N&SS, et al. Now when discussing Nightbane there are Dopplegangers, even awakened ones, that possess all the powers and skills (like the various weapon forging abilities) of their non-Nightlands counterparts. [/Justification]
A cabal of such Dopplegangers could forge a Darkblade sword (4D6 damage to start, and ignores all AR but that of the Nightlords) with the following additions:

+4 Damage
+2 Parry
+2 Strike

+6 Damage
+3 Parry
+3 Strike
+3 Throw

Further a skilled weapons craftsman can make an ornate sword, placing a jewel in the crossguard, and another in the sword's Pommel.
Now if we use this to inlay a Crystal from Island at the Edge of the World, and a Soul Gem from Dyvall (or two Crystals) you can add additional enhancements.

Then add on the Hex Mastercrafter's Dwarven crafting abilities for the +6 strike, +6 Parry +8 Damage.

This gives you a weapon in the Palladium world (via Nightlands) that is nigh-indestructible, can damage nearly anything, ignores ARs, does 4D6+18+PS damage, is +11 Strike, +11 Parry, and +3 to be thrown, and has abilities available through inlayed gems that will vary based on the jewels inlayed.

(I am sure I could find more to add if I looked, but I think that is enough for now).

given that each of those three forging types would be different methods, i'd say you can't stack them together. you'd need to pick one of the three. so it would be either Precision Forged, Ancient Weapon Master Forged, or Hex Mastercrafter Forged.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

glitterboy2098 wrote:
13eowulf wrote:[Justification] Nightbane Between the Shadows makes mention that both Dwarves and Elves can be the Facade of a Nightbane. This would indicate that the Palladium world has at least a small connection to the Nightlands. Further Between the Shadows makes mention of connection to the HU world, Rifts, N&SS, et al. Now when discussing Nightbane there are Dopplegangers, even awakened ones, that possess all the powers and skills (like the various weapon forging abilities) of their non-Nightlands counterparts. [/Justification]

+4 Damage
+2 Parry
+2 Strike

+6 Damage
+3 Parry
+3 Strike
+3 Throw

given that each of those three forging types would be different methods, i'd say you can't stack them together. you'd need to pick one of the three. so it would be either Precision Forged, Ancient Weapon Master Forged, or Hex Mastercrafter Forged.

While I agree in proper principal, and in the common sense aspect, the lead in request was for "munchkin", as such a 'team effort' leads cumulative bonuses, common sense and munchkinism are incompatible. :wink:
Oderint Dum Metuant.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

problem is a team effort between three such masters would result in a item of lesser result, not greater. because again, the methods would each be different, each would only understand their own method and may not know how to merge them, and as the saying goes "too many cooks spoil the stew".. you'd still only get one of the sets of bonuses.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

13eowulf wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:

+4 Damage
+2 Parry
+2 Strike

+6 Damage
+3 Parry
+3 Strike
+3 Throw

While I agree in proper principal, and in the common sense aspect, the lead in request was for "munchkin", as such a 'team effort' leads cumulative bonuses, common sense and munchkinism are incompatible. :wink:

Okay so what if it was a Dwarven Ancient Master who was on the Hex. And don't forget to make it giant sized
This person could personally use both the Hex bonus and their Ancient Master bonus....and if your really munchie they might beable to use the Hex ability to double bonuses on their Ancient Master bonuses.
thus it is either 5d6+14 damage+9 strike +9 parry +2 thrown or 5d6+20 damage + 11 strike +11 parry +5 thrown
as well as the 2 gems, ignoring armor, being indestructible (and if the forger is properly psionic it can also affect astral beings, which is a psionic imbuement not a magic enchantment). This monster could be inlayed with silver and iron inlays so it damages those beings as well.
And if they personally know how to Mastercraft they could personally do the work with all THREE techniques (and if the hex doubling applies to that too....)
Potentially thus: 5d6 + 28 damage + 15 strike +15 parry, ignore AR, damages anything, silver, iron, 2 Gemed weapon that is asterally reconfigured....
(Can I use rifter material to twink this out more, or are we staying strictly in canon?)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

My prohibition against non-canon Franken-weapons extends to smithing techniques. My reasoning is derived from the canon description in Northern Hinterlands that describes the process for creating an item with bonuses. The bonuses must be added one at a time. A better smith could possibly take a lesser item and bring it up to his own capabilities, but he could not raise its bonuses above his own limits.

The only exceptions I might make would be to use one smith for edged damage and another for balance-related bonuses like strike, parry, and initiative.

Also, I'm not convinced about the Nightbane import. Can you give examples of other Nightbane material showing up in the Palladium fantasy canon?

Regardless, I award a Munchkin Point for your relentless pursuit of ridiculous stats.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Astroconch
D-Bee

Unread post by Astroconch »

Quick question. What book is this Hex mastercraft stuff in?
Long live the Travelers!

"Some things just aren't funny. Beatings aren't funny. Mimes
aren't funny. But beating a mime - why is that so hilarious?"
-- Dave Attell
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Astroconch wrote:Quick question. What book is this Hex mastercraft stuff in?

See Eastern Territories, p80. It's a group of 6 dwarven master-smiths who produce custom weapons with double the normal bonuses, and charge four times the standard dwarven rate.

They're the best nonmagical weaponsmiths in the canon world. Even with their markup, it's pretty amazing how well a hex master-crafted weapon measures up against an equal-value magical weapon.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

kiralon wrote:if you want a laugh
http://www.firedrake.org/roger/rpg/munchkin.html

Nice set of RM/RR/L/M I had not seen before.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Astroconch
D-Bee

Unread post by Astroconch »

Hotrod wrote:
Astroconch wrote:Quick question. What book is this Hex mastercraft stuff in?

See Eastern Territories, p80. It's a group of 6 dwarven master-smiths who produce custom weapons with double the normal bonuses, and charge four times the standard dwarven rate.

They're the best nonmagical weaponsmiths in the canon world. Even with their markup, it's pretty amazing how well a hex master-crafted weapon measures up against an equal-value magical weapon.

Thank you very much
Long live the Travelers!

"Some things just aren't funny. Beatings aren't funny. Mimes
aren't funny. But beating a mime - why is that so hilarious?"
-- Dave Attell
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

The most munchkin weapon I ever used was just a simple stone club. However, what made it exceptionally munchkin was that it was wielded by a Eandroth Rogue Stone Master with a P.S. of 30!

Basically he would take some stone and form it into a ridiculously giant club that he would use to crush his enemies. Since stone masters can carry and lift massive amounts of stone PSx1000 lbs. you can imagine were this went. When you basically inflicting Mega damage in the SDC environment of Palladium. Sure the club would break but since he was a Stone Master he could just mend it or make another.

All Physics goes out the window with a power like this, because the stone retains its weight and mass, but the magic power of the class allows them to lift such insane amounts of weight. I used to keep it to just a 3000 lb club to make things reasonable lol.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
kiralon wrote:if you want a laugh
http://www.firedrake.org/roger/rpg/munchkin.html

Nice set of RM/RR/L/M I had not seen before.

Favourite dwarf: Earth Elementals with beards - always made me laugh.
Favourite elf: Storm Giant with pointy ears - ditto

Most munchkin weapon I ever had to put up with as a dm was a lvl 20 paladins holy avenger in dnd 2nd ed, I did have players using swords that had more powerful abilities, but they also had negatives to them.
Fermat
Explorer

Unread post by Fermat »

You may also want to look at some of the spells in Blade Magic (Rifter 23).
ShadowLogan
Palladin

(Giant Size) "Backpack" as improvised Weapon
Base Weapon: What weapon, a giant has turned his/her empty backpack (or bag or purse) into an improvised weapon by filling it with some heavy material (or a "volunteer" or even a "volunteer" without the backpack) and started swinging the thing around.
Damage: 4d6 for first 40lbs of weight, +1d6 per additional 20lbs of weight (Lighter loads use TK Psi/Spell for hurled objects) +PS Damage Bonus (you are using physical strength here). Note a "volunteer" will come out of this dizzy for a brief period of time, not to mentioned banged up from all the impacts.
PS Requirements: At 1/2 PS Score they must be able to carry the weight of the object (to use their full PS score requires both hands IMHO)
Penalties for one handed use: -3 to strike due to weight/balance, a successful full power strike (listed) takes two actions, a shorter restrained strike does 1/2 damage but only takes one action to complete.
Note: I could not find anything like Misc. Damages in PF2E main book that appear in other lines (like Rifts Main Book and Ultimate Edition) so I have used the Telekenetic Power/Spell to determine damage based on weight in the bag since the motion can be thought of as "thrown" or "hurled", you just aren't letting go. I have seen varying values for the Misc damage based on weight in those other lines.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

top of page 17 in main book is probably where you want to look. a 1000lbs object will do 6d6x10 damage
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Interesting blurring of the lines. I actually used a similar technique in a game run by Kevin a few years back. It was a fight in a graveyard, and my character picked up a tombstone and slammed it into the villain. I'm not entirely sure how to rule on using heavy objects as weapons for points. My instincts say to not allow it, because then literally any object could be considered a weapon, but I can't think of a strict definition of "weapon" that would exclude any heavy object being used to inflict damage as a heavy object.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

non improvised weapon, otherwise you will end up with somebody being hit by the moon, and usable 1handed by the 8 standard races gets rid of the giant side of things and stops people from using an axe the size of the moon.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

kiralon wrote:non improvised weapon, otherwise you will end up with somebody being hit by the moon, and usable 1handed by the 8 standard races gets rid of the giant side of things and stops people from using an axe the size of the moon.

By the power vested in me by... by myself, and by the indulgence of those participating in this thread, I do declare that no improvised weapons may be used for this challenge...

...except for frying pans, which get an automatic +1 for their ability to make crepes. I like crepes.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Hotrod wrote:
kiralon wrote:non improvised weapon, otherwise you will end up with somebody being hit by the moon, and usable 1handed by the 8 standard races gets rid of the giant side of things and stops people from using an axe the size of the moon.

By the power vested in me by... by myself, and by the indulgence of those participating in this thread, I do declare that no improvised weapons may be used for this challenge...

...except for frying pans, which get an automatic +1 for their ability to make crepes. I like crepes.

Did you say crepes?
Oderint Dum Metuant.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Hotrod wrote:

Well they are in the weapons list
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

13eowulf wrote:
Hotrod wrote:

Did you say crepes?

Oh yes, I did. In fact, I like to live-action roleplay (without a costume, alas) as a chef with an outrageous French accent as I make crepes. Think Pepe Le Pieu crossed with the psycho chef from the Little Mermaid crossed with the French guy in Monty Python's Holy Grail.

My wife, alas, is not a fan of this act, though she does like the crepes.

Nice pic, by the way. That's a mighty big crepe.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Hotrod wrote:Interesting blurring of the lines. I actually used a similar technique in a game run by Kevin a few years back. It was a fight in a graveyard, and my character picked up a tombstone and slammed it into the villain. I'm not entirely sure how to rule on using heavy objects as weapons for points. My instincts say to not allow it, because then literally any object could be considered a weapon, but I can't think of a strict definition of "weapon" that would exclude any heavy object being used to inflict damage as a heavy object.

I was actually thinking of using the basic approach to turn a Laso (found in W&A) from basically an entanglement weapon into an offensive weapon by lassoing a boulder or something, but since Laso requires 2 hands to use per W&A I looked at other methods to achieve the same effect.

The thing with disqualifying improvised weapons though is that some weapons have their origin as improvised weapons IINM. So you might end up disqualifying them due to their history. I'm just saying.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

ShadowLogan wrote:
Hotrod wrote:Interesting blurring of the lines. I actually used a similar technique in a game run by Kevin a few years back. It was a fight in a graveyard, and my character picked up a tombstone and slammed it into the villain. I'm not entirely sure how to rule on using heavy objects as weapons for points. My instincts say to not allow it, because then literally any object could be considered a weapon, but I can't think of a strict definition of "weapon" that would exclude any heavy object being used to inflict damage as a heavy object.

I was actually thinking of using the basic approach to turn a Laso (found in W&A) from basically an entanglement weapon into an offensive weapon by lassoing a boulder or something, but since Laso requires 2 hands to use per W&A I looked at other methods to achieve the same effect.

The thing with disqualifying improvised weapons though is that some weapons have their origin as improvised weapons IINM. So you might end up disqualifying them due to their history. I'm just saying.

Yeah, improvised weapons are a tricky issue, and I'm too intellectually lazy to hammer out a sound, well-reasoned policy on them. If it's listed as a weapon in canon a list of weapons, that's good enough for me. Otherwise, you'll have to content yourself with frying pan, yes, A "big rock for smashin'," no.

Incidentally, some of the ideas here influenced me as I was creating this batch of sigil shields. I went from having a painted-on six-pointed chain star to making the star out of physical chains bolted onto the face of the shield. Not terribly practical, perhaps, but fun!
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Shield Horn
Base Weapon: Madu (Weapons & Armor pg48/30)
Construction Notes: "The Madu is held like a buckler shield, but due to the horns it may also be used to attack"-(per W&A pg48). Given that Unicron horns can be used to make a spearhead, that makes horns a bladed weapon for the superior craftsmanship, it should also allow the horns to be replaced by other types of blades (I'm going with katana, also in W&A) on either end. Made of White Metal (said to be more powerful than 3 other Dragon Blood Metals). Superior Dwarven Damage, the weapon enjoys natural Parry bonus (+2, it has a 3-Parry which is high I consider a 0/1-Parry to be typical), but was made better by the Dwarven smith by providing it with superior balance.
Horn Damage: (1d6 base + 2d6 being turned into Katana blade +1d6 if giant size + 4 superior Dwarven Damage ) x what ever White metal might do in this area
Bonuses: Parry: +2+2 =4, Strike = +2, In addition to what ever White Metal is deemed to might do in this area. The twin horn nature allows one to defend/attack from behind (provided you know the target/attack is there) with a bonus of +1 for the action. It can also be used in Paired Weapons attacks provided the targets are w/n easy reach.
Special Features: can be thrown, used as a sled/ski (ridden), when attached to rope/chain it can be used as a grappling hook (not as strong as a traditional grappling hook due to design) or sled to carry stuff by dragging it (ideal in some situations), can also be used as a walking stick
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

ShadowLogan wrote:Shield Horn
Base Weapon: Madu (Weapons & Armor pg48/30)
Construction Notes: "The Madu is held like a buckler shield, but due to the horns it may also be used to attack"-(per W&A pg48). Given that Unicron horns can be used to make a spearhead, that makes horns a bladed weapon for the superior craftsmanship, it should also allow the horns to be replaced by other types of blades (I'm going with katana, also in W&A) on either end. Made of White Metal (said to be more powerful than 3 other Dragon Blood Metals). Superior Dwarven Damage, the weapon enjoys natural Parry bonus (+2, it has a 3-Parry which is high I consider a 0/1-Parry to be typical), but was made better by the Dwarven smith by providing it with superior balance.
Horn Damage: (1d6 base + 2d6 being turned into Katana blade +1d6 if giant size + 4 superior Dwarven Damage ) x what ever White metal might do in this area
Bonuses: Parry: +2+2 =4, Strike = +2, In addition to what ever White Metal is deemed to might do in this area. The twin horn nature allows one to defend/attack from behind (provided you know the target/attack is there) with a bonus of +1 for the action. It can also be used in Paired Weapons attacks provided the targets are w/n easy reach.
Special Features: can be thrown, used as a sled/ski (ridden), when attached to rope/chain it can be used as a grappling hook (not as strong as a traditional grappling hook due to design) or sled to carry stuff by dragging it (ideal in some situations), can also be used as a walking stick
Ok; I'm not sure that a katana blade bonus should apply, since a katana's damage rating is meant to model the weapon as it's typically used, but I'll allow it in this instance by virtue of your persistence (+1 lawyer point to you for breaking my will).

4D6+4 damage, +3 to parry, +1 for white metal (whatever that does), +1 for the sled mode, +2 as a grappling hook (weird, but kinda neat), +1 for the attack to behind (is that from the book?).

12+3+1+1+2+1=20 points!
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Wouldn't that be 24 points: 12 (3 for each 6side die, x4) for dice +4 damage +3 parry +1 white metal +1 sled, +2 grappling hook, +1 attack to behind =24

If I switch to Black metal instead of white: 24 dice +8 damage +3 parry +1 black metal +1 sled +2 grappling hook +1 attack to behind = 40 (Hex would add another 11 IINM)

The attack to behind seems logical. if you look at the weapon illustration it has two "horns" 180deg apart, so it would be logical that you could thrust forward/back (or side to side) much quicker if you use the other end instead of having to turn the weapon/body around.

The Katana and the Madu are classified as cut/thrust and thrust respectively in W&A. Since the book doesn't distinguish between cut and thrust in terms of damage done in cases where the attack type is multi-option, changing the Madu horns to be katana like would suggest an improved damage potential for thrusting.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

You're right, I forgot the +4 to damage, so it's 24 points total.

If you switch to black metal, then the damage of the weapon doubles, but the damage bonus does not (those are added one point at a time, and are not doubled by material selection) which would bring you to 36. Hex mastercrafting would put this up at the top, but I shall not assess points for this design or this approach again.

My momentary lapse in willpower is at an end (-1 rules lawyer point for you for pushing your luck, and -1 awesome point for me for my weakness and inconsistency!). No, you can't just slap a couple of katana blades on a shield and substitute their damage for what a couple of horns would do in their place, even if they're taking the place of some other pointy things. The speed of your swing will be less due to the higher mass of the weapon, and the swing will be more awkward because you'll have to be careful not to slice yourself with the other end. Your method of attack will be fundamentally different from that of an actual katana, so you don't get katana damages.

I'm putting my (nonbinding and utterly powerless) foot down! Transformer weapons like the nunchuks-blowgun are cool, but no more franken-weapons!
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

The points as they stand.

Spoiler:
Kiralon's Hex Battle Axe: 25 points

Eliakon's Hex Gein Bain: 27 points*

Drewkitty's Hex Black Metal War Frying Pan: 38 points

Drewkitty's Hex Kym blood Tashi: 39 points

say652's Kisentite Knife: 12**

Hotrod's Giant-Sized Black Metal Battle Axe: 42 points

Shadow Logan's Dragon Dagger Claws: DQ'ed, 1 munchkin point & 1 Rules Lawyer point

Lukterran's Giant Dragon Wright Voulge: DQ'ed & 1 munchkin point.

Shadow Logen's Shield Axe: DQ'ed & 3 munchkin point.

Shadow Logen's Lantern Ball & Chain: 10 points* & 2 munchkin points

Veknuronth's Hex Black Metal Lance: 38 points.

Veknuronth's Goupillon Flail: DQ'ed & 1 munchkin point.

Shadow Logen's Nunchaku of Misdirection: 11 points, +1 & -1 Rules lawyer points, & 1 Awesome point.

Kiralon's Hex Grodnelite Javelin: 46 points, 1 Munchkin point & 1 Rules Lawyer point

Shadow Logan's Giant Pata: 41 points.

Shadow Logan's Metallic Bull Whip: DQ'ed

Shadow Logan's Unicorn Tenderizer: DQ'ed

13eowulf's Darkblade Sword: DQ'ed & 1 munchkin point

Lukterran's Stone Master's stone club: DQ'ed

Shadow Logan's Backpack (imp. Weapon): DQ'ed

Shadow Logan's Shield Horn Madu: 24 points, -1 Rules Lawyer point & -1 Awesome point.

*do not meet the rules as set out in OP but given points anyways.
**not using PF materials.

(Recalculated)
Weapons point leader is Kiralon's with 46 points for his Hex Grodnelite Javelin.
Munchkin point leader is Shadow Logan with 2
Rules Lawyer point leader is Shadow Logen with 7 (8-1=7)
Awesome points leader Shadow Logan with 1.
Crepe making Awesomeness leader is Drewkitty ~..~ with +1 extra point
Negative points leader is Hotrod with Two negative points. -1 LR & -1 AP.....which leaves his totals in each @ -1.
All weapons presented DQ'ed: 13eowulf.
Number of weapons DQ'ed leader Shadow Logen.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Ogre Red-Metal Chain Net:
Base Weapon: Net (under WP descriptions main book)
Construction notes: weighted ends and joints to improve damage capacity (essentially operating as a cat-o-nine-tails IMHO). Instead of using rope material, they have used (light) chains made of red metal (for flexibility and durability). NOTE: WP description does not say if the nets have weights on them or not, I am assuming they do not, but nets can be made that way.
Damage: 2d6 Cat-9-tails base +1d6 giant size (Ogre use)
PS Requirements: the use of metal makes the net heavier than normal, this necessitates a PS requirement of 12 to handle the net properly (if it wasn't for red metal it would be x2 as heavy)
Bonuses: designed to entangle/ensnare/disarm a part (limb/weapon) of the target easier (+2), though parry is a bit more difficult (-1 to Parry) due to the flimsiness & weight
Features: In a two-handed attack it can be used tossed to fully ensnare its victim. The red metal is impervious to damage so you can't get free by damaging the net you have to lift it free.
Special Attack: Laid on the ground it can be used in an ambush situation to knock someone(s) on the back and entangling their feet when it is pulled up.

Scholar's Utility Blade
Base Weapon: Dagger
Construction Notes: The Base Weapon is made of Black Metal, and finely balanced and sharpened by a master Dwarf to the utmost of his ability (Hex included). The weapon has several non-combat features built in, the cross guards secure a pair of small UN-enchanted monocles into place, each monocle has a separate level of "magnification" for the "scholar" to use to inspect some text/item more closely. To make reading text written backwards easier (among other reasons) a mirror was installed near the base of the blade on one side (it is possible to put it a mirror on the reverse side, but some find it better without as they can use it as a wax candle holder) between the monocles. The Pommel itself is a removable ink container (seal-able) that could be unscrewed from the hilt. The hilt itself is hollow allowing the storage of chalk, quills, or small amounts of paper. It should be noted that non-Scholars have found other uses for the extra features or "magical" replacements.
Damage for Dagger Version: 1d6 normal + 1d6 giant size x2 Black Metal +8 Damage (Dwarf Hex) = 4d6+8
Bonus: +4 to Strike & Parry
Special Features: Mirror, 2 Monocles (magnification, non magic), hidden ink vial, hidden compartment, 1/2 weight (Black metal)

Repear's Long Sword
Base Weapon: Longsword
Construction: Black Metal, Giant-size, and Dwarf Hexed to the Max
Damage: 1d12 base +1d12 giant x2 Black Metal +8 Damage (Dwarf Hex) = 4d12+8
Bonus: +5 to Strike (4 Hex, 1 natural) & +6 Parry (4 Hex, 2 natural), +1 strike when thrown
Weapons & Armor Note: Long Sword also received additional "natural" modifiers based on Weapons & Armor entry pg39. It has a low Symmetry and Dex score (which is good) allowing for improved throwing and regular strike, it also has a high Parry (which is good).
Special Properties Note: Black Metal properties 1/2 Weight, invulnerable to all but magic
Munckin Note: I know it says 2d6 for base, but at the base level 1d12 is worse than 2d6 on rolls, more importantly for a munchkin though the 1d12 "beefs up better". Give the 1d12 some use.
Last edited by ShadowLogan on Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
URLeader Hobbes
Explorer

Unread post by URLeader Hobbes »

This will require a bit of brainstorming but I will post something...
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

ShadowLogan wrote:Ogre Red-Metal Chain Net:
Base Weapon: Net (under WP descriptions main book)
Construction notes: weighted ends and joints to improve damage capacity (essentially operating as a cat-o-nine-tails IMHO). Instead of using rope material, they have used (light) chains made of red metal (for flexibility and durability). NOTE: WP description does not say if the nets have weights on them or not, I am assuming they do not, but nets can be made that way.
Damage: 2d6 Cat-9-tails base +1d6 giant size (Ogre use)
PS Requirements: the use of metal makes the net heavier than normal, this necessitates a PS requirement of 12 to handle the net properly (if it wasn't for red metal it would be x2 as heavy)
Bonuses: designed to entangle/ensnare/disarm a part (limb/weapon) of the target easier (+2), though parry is a bit more difficult (-1 to Parry) due to the flimsiness & weight
Features: In a two-handed attack it can be used tossed to fully ensnare its victim. The red metal is impervious to damage so you can't get free by damaging the net you have to lift it free.
Special Attack: Laid on the ground it can be used in an ambush situation to knock someone(s) on the back and entangling their feet when it is pulled up.

Scholar's Utility Blade
Base Weapon: Dagger
Construction Notes: The Base Weapon is made of Black Metal, and finely balanced and sharpened by a master Dwarf to the utmost of his ability (Hex included). The weapon has several non-combat features built in, the cross guards secure a pair of small UN-enchanted monocles into place, each monocle has a separate level of "magnification" for the "scholar" to use to inspect some text/item more closely. To make reading text written backwards easier (among other reasons) a mirror was installed near the base of the blade on one side (it is possible to put it a mirror on the reverse side, but some find it better without as they can use it as a wax candle holder) between the monocles. The Pommel itself is a removable ink container (seal-able) that could be unscrewed from the hilt. The hilt itself is hollow allowing the storage of chalk, quills, or small amounts of paper. It should be noted that non-Scholars have found other uses for the extra features or "magical" replacements.
Damage for Dagger Version: 1d6 normal + 1d6 giant size x2 Black Metal +8 Damage (Dwarf Hex) = 4d6+8
Bonus: +4 to Strike & Parry
Special Features: Mirror, 2 Monocles (magnification, non magic), hidden ink vial, hidden compartment, 1/2 weight (Black metal)

Repear's Long Sword
Bonus: +5 to Strike (4 Hex, 1 natural) & +6 Parry (4 Hex, 2 natural), + strike when thrown
Weapons & Armor Note: Long Sword also received additional "natural" modifiers based on Weapons & Armor entry pg39. It has a low Symmetry and Dex score (which is good) allowing for improved throwing and regular strike, it also has a high Parry (which is good).
Special Properties Note: Black Metal properties 1/2 Weight, invulnerable to all but magic
Munckin Note: I know it says 2d6 for base, but at the base level 1d12 is worse than 2d6 on rolls, more importantly for a munchkin though the 1d12 "beefs up better". Give the 1d12 some use.

The cat-o-nine tails isn't so much weighted at the ends as it is barbed, so the weighted net will not count as such. It's a net with a base damage of 1D4 in its whipping mode. Since this is an ogre-sized weapon, the base damage is 2D4. It can be used for a special disarm attack (+2 points). The throwing over the head attack is NOT counted for this challenge, as that requires 2 hands. The trap mode is clever, though. +2 points for that, and another +2 points for red metal (half weight, impervious to normal damage)
4+2+2+2=10 points.

The scholar blade is fun! You get 12+8+4+4+6=34 points! Oh, and you forgot that those lenses could also be used to start fires with sunlight, so that's 35 points. Also, +1 awesome point for making a weapon with some scholarly character.

As for the long sword shenanigan D12, I have to say no. If you can find a canon non-magic weapon with a 1D12 damage, then you can giant size it. As it is, the base damage is 3D6, 6D6 with black metal. I'm not sure about the natural bonuses; I don't have that compendium, but I'll take your word on it (unless someone else cares to weigh in with a disqualifying quote). By the way, you didn't include the strike bonus to throw.
18+8+5+6=37 Points!
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:The points as they stand.

Spoiler:
Kiralon's Hex Battle Axe: 25 points

Eliakon's Hex Gein Bain: 27 points*

Drewkitty's Hex Black Metal War Frying Pan: 37 points

Drewkitty's Hex Kym blood Tashi: 39 points

say652's Kisentite Knife: 12**

Hotrod's Giant-Sized Black Metal Battle Axe: 42 points

Shadow Logan's Dragon Dagger Claws: DQ'ed, 1 munchkin point & 1 Rules Lawyer point

Lukterran's Giant Dragon Wright Voulge: DQ'ed & 1 munchkin point.

Shadow Logen's Shield Axe: DQ'ed & 3 munchkin point.

Shadow Logen's Lantern Ball & Chain: 10 points* & 2 munchkin points

Veknuronth's Hex Black Metal Lance: 38 points.

Veknuronth's Goupillon Flail: DQ'ed & 1 munchkin point.

Shadow Logen's Nunchaku of Misdirection: 11 points, +1 & -1 Rules lawyer points, & 1 Awesome point.

Kiralon's Hex Grodnelite Javelin: 46 points, 1 Munchkin point & 1 Rules Lawyer point

Shadow Logan's Giant Pata: 41 points.

Shadow Logan's Metallic Bull Whip: DQ'ed

Shadow Logan's Unicorn Tenderizer: ?? (disallowed)

13eowulf's Darkblade Sword: DQ'ed & 1 munchkin point

Lukterran's Stone Master's stone club: Disallowed

Shadow Logan's Backpack (imp. Weapon): disallowed

Shadow Logan's Shield Horn Madu: 24 points, -1 Rules Lawyer point & -1 Awesome point.

*do not meet the rules as set out in OP but given points anyways.
**not using PF materials.

Weapons point leader is Kiralon's with 46 points for his Hex Grodnelite Javelin.
Munchkin point leader is Shadow Logan with 6.
Rules Lawyer point leader is Kiralon with 1.
Negative points leader is Shadow Logan with -3 Rules lawyer points awarded (for a net of zero) and -2 awesome points awarded (for a net of zero).

The only negative awesome point was assessed against me, so Shadow Logan should have +1 (+2 now, thanks to his scholar's blade). Also, one of the negative rules lawyer points in his posts was assessed against me (for caving on an original rule, sorta).
Last edited by Hotrod on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

ShadowLogan wrote:Unicorn Meat Tenderizer
Base Weapon: Hammer, 9 or 25 Unicorn Horns (which do 2d6 or 4d6 depending on the nature of the target)
Construction: During the forging process a grid of Unicron horns (3x3 or 5x5 depending on size of intended user) is put into the mould for the Hammer as the metal begins to cool. The cooling metal is intended to solidify around the horns, securing them in to place in the rear of the hammer forming a sort of meat tenderizer.
Damage-Normal Size: 2d6 blunt face, 18d6 (1d10x10+8) with the spiked rear face to non-supernatural materials/creatures OR 36d6 (or 2d10x10+16) to super-natural materials/creatures
Damage-Giant Size: 3d6 blunt face, 50d6 (5d6x10) with spiked rear face to non-SN materials/creatures OR 100d6 (1d6x100) to super natural materials/creatures
Note: Requires a human PS equivalent (lift/carry) of 15 to lift and wield effectively.
Note2: As this is based-on/inspired-by cutlery to some extent (which I don't think is covered), and the use of the unicorn Horns might qualify it as a magic weapon depending on how magic weapon is determined (is it a construction process, material, combination, etc).
Availability: Super Rare

I'm DQing this as a franken-weapon. Unicorn horn damage is for a single horn (and the only reference I found for its damage is in Monsters and Animals, and that's for a ramming attack). You can't just slap a whole bunch of blades on a hammer head and add their damage together. +1 munchkin point, though, because holy cow, this weapon screams munchkin (and evil).
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Hotrod
Knight

Re: Munchkin/Rules Lawyer Chlg: Best Non-Alchemist 1-H ENDS

Unread post by Hotrod »

This challenge ends in five days! Get your entries and arguments in now! Any posts after the 15th will not be counted for points!

I will do a final top-to-bottom re-assessment of all entries for Munchkin, Rules Lawyer, and Awesome points on or after the 16th of September, after which I shall bestow some original digital trophies, which you can put on your desktop background, print and put in a frame next to the photo your mother, or take to a local tattoo parlor to emblazon upon your forehead!
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Hotrod wrote:
ShadowLogan wrote:Repear's Long Sword

Bonus: +5 to Strike (4 Hex, 1 natural) & +6 Parry (4 Hex, 2 natural), + strike when thrownAs for the long sword shenanigan D12, I have to say no. If you can find a canon non-magic weapon with a 1D12 damage, then you can giant size it. As it is, the base damage is 3D6, 6D6 with black metal. I'm not sure about the natural bonuses; I don't have that compendium, but I'll take your word on it (unless someone else cares to weigh in with a disqualifying quote). By the way, you didn't include the strike bonus to throw.
18+8+5+6=37 Points!

Greetings and Salutations. Since you (Hotrod) said you didn't know, I decided to check my Weapons books. I'm taking it is a +1 to strike and a +2 to parry (the "natural" bonuses), which are accurate ... though he left off the +2 on Initiative (I'd have personally pushed for that myself).

Okay, now with that said, there's a couple other things just gnawing at me and I can't keep my mouth shut any longer (because I've been metaphorically biting my tongue for a few days).

Veknironth wrote:So, 2d6+2 + 1d6 for giant sized. (I think the lance does more damage in the Compendium but I can't find mine atm.)

The Compendium of Weapons, Armor, & Castles, page 75 (under Spears). 3D6 damage. For "High Quality Weapons" it also gets +1 on initiative and +2 to parry.

ShadowLogan wrote:Base Weapon: Nunchacku

PF2 main book, page 269, Nunchaku are listed as a 2-handed weapon. This is also the case in Compendium of Weapons, Armor, & Castles. In the interest of being open, on page 46 of PF2 it mentions Nunchaku as an available option for Paired Weapons. However, Paired Weapons is a skill, and we've been told the skill of the wielder cannot be taken into account (therefore Paired Weapons, by that ruling, should not be allowable as justification either).

All right, I feel a little better now. Farewell and safe journeys to all.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, if I read Prysus correctly, my lance should gain an additional 9 points, putting it at 44.

Giant sized lance = 4d6 x2 with black metal. Hex bonus is +12 damage and +1 Init and +2 Parry

That's 8d6=24+12= 36 Then you add the +1 Init, +2 Parry, and end up with 39. Light and indestructible from the metal is another 2 for 41. Now, if you allow the hex to double the Compendium Init and PArry bonus, that's another 3 for 44.

-Vek
"I also have a crazy out of the box suggestion once I get back to my books to look up the components."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Mind Hammer
The the Tschekan uses a six sided psionic crystal rod as it's haft and has a head made of crystal and black metal dragon bloods. The hammer's head made of the black metal and the spike is made of crystal blood.
Imbedded in the top of the hammer's head with Gantrium tracery running from the join between the metals & appears to run through out both the metals so it seams like the gold filaments that run through out the crystal rod. This unique weapon made by a combination effort of a Hex dwraf and the dwarvish "crystal mage" Uzbad Baruk

Base weapon: Tschekan (Russian war hammer)
Base damage: 2d6.
Base quality bonuses: +2 init, +1 parry, +1 thrown strike

Crystal haft is a specially made Wand of Psychic Force (a psionicly made psionic device. Island @ the Edge of the World) that was grown into the hammer's head connecting it's internal psychic circuitry to the gantrium circuitry of the hammer's metals head.
Energized it gives the owner it is bonded to : +1 vs magic and psi
Activating the enhanced awareness will grant to those within 20', +1 vs all saves, +1 init, +1 Parry, +1 dodge.
Activating the Awaken and Awareness with grant the owner's allies within 20' +2 init & cannot be surprised attacked.
Other psionic powers of the rod are Protection from Evil, Globe of Daylight, See the Invisible, that duplicate the same named magic spells of the same name.
[ :P you said no magic, you didn't say no psionics. :lol: ]

Weapon mods due to dwarf crafting.
+4 damage
+3 to parry
+1 to strike & parry

Materials mods
Black metal hammer head damage x2
Crystal spike is unbreakable.

Totals
Damages:
Hammer face: 4d6+8 (6d6+8 when activated).
Spike: 2d6+8 (4d6+8 when activated) unbreakable.
Haft End: ?d?+8 (2d6+8 when activated) (using the end of the haft like the end of a billy stick)
Bonuses
...Base, (en. aware.) [A&A]
Strike:+2, (+1) [+2]
Parry:+10, (+1)
Dodge: n/a, (+1)
Init:+4, (+1) [+1]
Thrown strike: +2

Mystic energy recovery rate is doubled.
and a pretty gem decorating the weapon
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Prysus wrote:
Hotrod wrote:
ShadowLogan wrote:Repear's Long Sword

Bonus: +5 to Strike (4 Hex, 1 natural) & +6 Parry (4 Hex, 2 natural), + strike when thrownAs for the long sword shenanigan D12, I have to say no. If you can find a canon non-magic weapon with a 1D12 damage, then you can giant size it. As it is, the base damage is 3D6, 6D6 with black metal. I'm not sure about the natural bonuses; I don't have that compendium, but I'll take your word on it (unless someone else cares to weigh in with a disqualifying quote). By the way, you didn't include the strike bonus to throw.
18+8+5+6=37 Points!

Greetings and Salutations. Since you (Hotrod) said you didn't know, I decided to check my Weapons books. I'm taking it is a +1 to strike and a +2 to parry (the "natural" bonuses), which are accurate ... though he left off the +2 on Initiative (I'd have personally pushed for that myself).

Okay, now with that said, there's a couple other things just gnawing at me and I can't keep my mouth shut any longer (because I've been metaphorically biting my tongue for a few days).

Veknironth wrote:So, 2d6+2 + 1d6 for giant sized. (I think the lance does more damage in the Compendium but I can't find mine atm.)

The Compendium of Weapons, Armor, & Castles, page 75 (under Spears). 3D6 damage. For "High Quality Weapons" it also gets +1 on initiative and +2 to parry.

ShadowLogan wrote:Base Weapon: Nunchacku

PF2 main book, page 269, Nunchaku are listed as a 2-handed weapon. This is also the case in Compendium of Weapons, Armor, & Castles. In the interest of being open, on page 46 of PF2 it mentions Nunchaku as an available option for Paired Weapons. However, Paired Weapons is a skill, and we've been told the skill of the wielder cannot be taken into account (therefore Paired Weapons, by that ruling, should not be allowable as justification either).

All right, I feel a little better now. Farewell and safe journeys to all.

That is some serious rules lawyering. +3 Rules Lawyer Points for you! The nunchaku 1-hand vs 2-hand issue is odd, but there's enough ambiguity with its inclusion as one of a paired weapon that I'll allow the one entry that's already been made. Michelangelo the Ninja Turtle could do it, after all, and he is canon (though not in Palladium Fantasy). I'll invoke the grandfather clause in this case, but no more nunchaku.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Veknironth wrote:Well, if I read Prysus correctly, my lance should gain an additional 9 points, putting it at 44.

Giant sized lance = 4d6 x2 with black metal. Hex bonus is +12 damage and +1 Init and +2 Parry

That's 8d6=24+12= 36 Then you add the +1 Init, +2 Parry, and end up with 39. Light and indestructible from the metal is another 2 for 41. Now, if you allow the hex to double the Compendium Init and PArry bonus, that's another 3 for 44.

-Vek
"I also have a crazy out of the box suggestion once I get back to my books to look up the components."

Prysus' interpretation is correct. However, these bonuses are intrinsic to the weapon design, not dwarven superior quality as spelled out in P2E. They can stack with dwarven quality, but they can't be multiplied by hex bonuses. Your entry stands at 41. Have at it with the components! You have four days left.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Mind Hammer
The the Tschekan uses a six sided psionic crystal rod as it's haft and has a head made of crystal and black metal dragon bloods. The hammer's head made of the black metal and the spike is made of crystal blood.
Imbedded in the top of the hammer's head with Gantrium tracery running from the join between the metals & appears to run through out both the metals so it seams like the gold filaments that run through out the crystal rod. This unique weapon made by a combination effort of a Hex dwraf and the dwarvish "crystal mage" Uzbad Baruk

Base weapon: Tschekan (Russian war hammer)
Base damage: 2d6.
Base quality bonuses: +2 init, +1 parry, +1 thrown strike

Crystal haft is a specially made Wand of Psychic Force (a psionicly made psionic device. Island @ the Edge of the World) that was grown into the hammer's head connecting it's internal psychic circuitry to the gantrium circuitry of the hammer's metals head.
Energized it gives the owner it is bonded to : +1 vs magic and psi
Activating the enhanced awareness will grant to those within 20', +1 vs all saves, +1 init, +1 Parry, +1 dodge.
Activating the Awaken and Awareness with grant the owner's allies within 20' +2 init & cannot be surprised attacked.
Other psionic powers of the rod are Protection from Evil, Globe of Daylight, See the Invisible, that duplicate the same named magic spells of the same name.
[ :P you said no magic, you didn't say no psionics. :lol: ]

Weapon mods due to dwarf crafting.
+4 damage
+3 to parry
+1 to strike & parry

Materials mods
Black metal hammer head damage x2
Crystal spike is unbreakable.

Totals
Damages:
Hammer face: 4d6+8 (6d6+8 when activated).
Spike: 2d6+8 (4d6+8 when activated) unbreakable.
Haft End: ?d?+8 (2d6+8 when activated) (using the end of the haft like the end of a billy stick)
Bonuses
...Base, (en. aware.) [A&A]
Strike:+2, (+1) [+2]
Parry:+10, (+1)
Dodge: n/a, (+1)
Init:+4, (+1) [+1]
Thrown strike: +2

Mystic energy recovery rate is doubled.
and a pretty gem decorating the weapon

Those are some serious shenanigans. +1 munchkin point for you! Unfortunately, I can't allow this entry. Your psioncs vs magic legal hairsplitting aside (which, by the way, also earns you +1 Rules Lawyer Point), there are no crystal smiths in the Palladium Fantasy world anymore. Even if there were, that psionic technology is known as "Crystal Magic", which would DQ you right there. Finally, even if you could find a canon crystal mage and persuade me that this isn't magic at all, the user of a crystal device must be psionic, so none of the psionic abilities could be factored in.

Now the black metal on one face, crystal on the other... that's got some potential.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Hotrod wrote:The cat-o-nine tails isn't so much weighted at the ends as it is barbed, so the weighted net will not count as such.

I agree the weights are not barbed, functionally I see the weighted net in its role as a whip acting like a cat-o-nine tails due to the multiple weights can spread out just like a CO9T. I went with the CO9T for base damage as it was easily referenced, but if we consider the weights of stone in context of TK Psi power (and Hopping Stones Elemental Spell (pg228) and similar spells) for the damage the moving weights would do the resulting damage would work out to being the same as a CO9T unless you want to figure out how many of the weights actually hit it this looked like a good compromise (2 medium stones worth).

I'll also update the Reaper's Longsword to reflect the throw bonus.

Re: d12
As far as the D12 thing, it was worth a shot. I have seen megaversally the use of dice substitution (none exist in 2E PF that I could find) and even changing damage codes (my 1E RT and RMB have the same ancient weapon table, and the values assigned are different than in PF2E/HU2E in terms of dice (1d8 is now a 2d4 for ex). Nothing in the d12 range off hand, but if 1d8 can change into 2d4, I don't see why 2d6 can not become 1d12. At least for base form the multiple dice roll vs single would seem to favor the multiple dice as munchkin, but when beefing it up the single die is better for a munchkin.

Re: Unicron Horn
In Rifts Conversion Book 1 Revised (pg180-1) the Unicorn entry under the Value section (pg181) mentions that the removed horn can be used for a variety of things, including a weapon (specifically "spearhead, pick-axe, etc"). The frame it in MDC context, along with the damage, but in PF that would be SDC (it should convert 1:1 by default). I don't have Monsters and Animals, so I assumed it was plucked from there and edited for the MDC level.

Prysus wrote:Greetings and Salutations. Since you (Hotrod) said you didn't know, I decided to check my Weapons books. I'm taking it is a +1 to strike and a +2 to parry (the "natural" bonuses), which are accurate ... though he left off the +2 on Initiative (I'd have personally pushed for that myself).

What are you using to derive the Initiative bonus? Dex? I had not considered that. Though I suppose Dex can apply to Strike/Init/Parry at all once since PP is about quickness.

Prysus wrote:PF2 main book, page 269, Nunchaku are listed as a 2-handed weapon.

You are right, it is listed as two-handed weapon, though like Hotrod I missed that myself thinking of displayed uses (not just TMNT). I think it is one of those weapons that actually is both 1 and 2 handed, there are times you need to use 2 hands, but at other times you only need 1.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

ShadowLogan wrote:What are you using to derive the Initiative bonus? Dex? I had not considered that. Though I suppose Dex can apply to Strike/Init/Parry at all once since PP is about quickness.

Greetings and Salutations. There's a table in Compendium of Weapons, Armour, & Castles that states exactly what the Dex and Parry numbers mean in stats. This includes an Initiative bonus (Dex is more Initiative than it is Strike, by the book). Truth be told, I have no clue how you're getting your Parry and Strike bonuses from the book so accurate without that table (since the numbers don't translate one for one).

ShadowLogan wrote:You are right, it is listed as two-handed weapon, though like Hotrod I missed that myself thinking of displayed uses (not just TMNT). I think it is one of those weapons that actually is both 1 and 2 handed, there are times you need to use 2 hands, but at other times you only need 1.

I'm not blaming either one of you actually. Yes, TMNT did it. Bruce Lee did it (in some of his movies). I have no problem with it logistically, and would probably let one of my players do it. My point was strictly from a rules standpoint (which was the point of the challenge). I figured Hotrod would let it stand, and I'm fine with that. However the little rules lawyer was screaming and bashing its head into the wall until I said something. :P Now that it's been addressed, I can happily move on. ;)

Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. And just for fun, here's an entry (not sure the final point total, and I'm not too worried about it). Truth be told, if Vek addds in the Strike/Parry type bonuses to his Lance, as well as possibly a few other features, I'm not sure what can beat him. So instead of trying to win, I just figured to throw something at you for fun. Note: Story and write-up was all done quickly and without much editing, so forgive the sloppiness.

The Shield of Everlasting Light

The City of Kor, within the Yin-Sloth Jungles, suffered from a plague of Vampires. The Master Vampire leading the attack was a former Dwarven Runesmith. His former skills and training as a Runesmith allowed him to sense any rune weapon, holy weapon, and magic spells in the area. This allowed him to evade hunting parties, or even lead them into traps. With the city in great peril, the priests prayed to their gods for guidance. Finally, the gods of Dragonwright decreed that in exchange for the priests forging four holy swords, each named and dedicated to one of the Dragon-Gods, the four dragons would bestow upon them a weapon that can save them from their plight.

Upon the completion of the four holy weapons, the priests were granted a Lantern Shield with unusual properties. The shield was lightweight and able to cut through enemies unlike any other, yet held not magic. The lack of magic allowed the weapon to be used to approach the Master Vampire without alerting him to the impending doom approaching. A Titan Palladin was charged with the task. The hope was that by saving the town from the Vampires with the aid of the Dragon-Gods, that this would help bring in more followers to the Cult of Dragonwright and make it one of the greastest temple cities ever built!

Lantern Shield: 2D6, Giant Size (+1D6), Black Metal (x2; for 6D6 total).

Natural Bonuses: +1 on Initiative, and +3 to Parry.

Hexmaster: +4 to strike, +4 to parry, and +8 to damage (using "Sword" bonuses).

Note: If allowable, I'd Hexmaster the shield separately using "Blunt" options, for an extra +6 to parry. To be somewhat fair, you'd probably only get one parry bonus, and this could be used to replace the "Sword" parry bonus, yet the strike/parry is the only way to get the Sword strike bonus (so that might remain). So perhaps: +4 to Strike, +6 to Parry, and +8 damage.

The picture in Compendium of Weapons & Armor (so I'm basing it directly off of a by the book image) indicates at least 3 spikes (two are designed for parrying, and one for attacking). The two defensive ones would also get maxed parry bonuses (+6 parry each), and the offensive one max damage (+8 damage). I doubt these bonuses will get factored into the point total, but it would be done all the same (and this method is not the MOST munchie method possible, but it is practical).

Now we'll start to have some fun ...

The main sword is forged out of Black Metal and then coated in Silver. The black metal's damage isn't based on contact, so the silver shouldn't interfere. This makes it invulnerable to all but magic and lightweight, while the silver can hurt Vampires, Werebeasts, and others with a similar vulnerability.

One of the defensive spikes will be crafted from a unicorn horn. This could allow the user to draw upon the P.P.E. (while keeping it not magical itself). Note: The ability to draw on the P.P.E. is technically just for Beyond the Supernatural and Rifts. However, I can't find a logical reason it doesn't work in Palladium Fantasy, and it makes it more fun. Note: If it won't affect anything, silver coat this as well. This isn't needed, but will help keep a more consistent color theme than a mish-mash otherwise.

The gauntlet and shield will be made from Zandragal's blood. A suit of red metal armour would be impervious to damage (not vulnerability at all listed, not even to magic). At the very least, it would have S.D.C. x3 (which can be important since otherwise shields take damage). Note: The way I've personally always envisioned the ability to be invulnerable yet still have an S.D.C. rating is that the item can become bent and warped out of shaped, but the material itself is still intact. Therefore it just needs to get crafted back into place.

The other defensive spike is forged from White Metal. We don't know what this does, but as it's listed as more powerful I figure this should be worth at least one point (maybe more). Note: If it won't affect anything, silver coat this as well. This isn't needed, but will help keep a more consistent color theme than a mish-mash otherwise. Note: If it won't affect anything, silver coat this as well. This isn't needed, but will help keep a more consistent color theme than a mish-mash otherwise.

The attack spike (center shield, designed for bashing) is forged from Kym-nark-mar's blood. This allows it to cut through armour as if not there (though the armour still takes damage as well).

There is of course the ability to hold the lantern.

Across the center of the shield is emblazoned a Cross (the Kym-nark-mar's spike at the exact center, to add a bit of look, but since it's transparent won't affect the visual either) to help repel both Vampires, Faerie Folk, and others so held at bay by the symbol. Note: I do not believe that a Cross would be considered a "Mystic" symbol, but you might rule that it's akin to the Protection symbol. This design is to take advantage of a symbol that Vampires and Faerie Folk avoid due to their natures, not any magical properties or traits of the symbol itself. But may be removed if necessary.

The Cross would probably be painted in silver, giving the shield a very Silver and Red color scheme. This has no bearing on anything other than appearance.

kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Giant sized Hex Crafted Grodnelite Javelin (does an extra 1d6 damage)
8d6+6 +4 strike +4 parry(lol) +8 damage, damages everything in a 10ft radius,
cant be dodged, and if you are under 12ft tall you have a %50 chance to lose initiative and an attack and be knocked to the ground or just lose initiative, also if armour isn't penetrated it does full damage to armour and 1/3 damage to person
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Prysus wrote:
Greetings and Salutations. And just for fun, here's an entry (not sure the final point total, and I'm not too worried about it). Truth be told, if Vek addds in the Strike/Parry type bonuses to his Lance, as well as possibly a few other features, I'm not sure what can beat him. So instead of trying to win, I just figured to throw something at you for fun. Note: Story and write-up was all done quickly and without much editing, so forgive the sloppiness.

The Shield of Everlasting Light

The City of Kor, within the Yin-Sloth Jungles, suffered from a plague of Vampires. The Master Vampire leading the attack was a former Dwarven Runesmith. His former skills and training as a Runesmith allowed him to sense any rune weapon, holy weapon, and magic spells in the area. This allowed him to evade hunting parties, or even lead them into traps. With the city in great peril, the priests prayed to their gods for guidance. Finally, the gods of Dragonwright decreed that in exchange for the priests forging four holy swords, each named and dedicated to one of the Dragon-Gods, the four dragons would bestow upon them a weapon that can save them from their plight.

Upon the completion of the four holy weapons, the priests were granted a Lantern Shield with unusual properties. The shield was lightweight and able to cut through enemies unlike any other, yet held not magic. The lack of magic allowed the weapon to be used to approach the Master Vampire without alerting him to the impending doom approaching. A Titan Palladin was charged with the task. The hope was that by saving the town from the Vampires with the aid of the Dragon-Gods, that this would help bring in more followers to the Cult of Dragonwright and make it one of the greastest temple cities ever built!

Lantern Shield: 2D6, Giant Size (+1D6), Black Metal (x2; for 6D6 total).

Natural Bonuses: +1 on Initiative, and +3 to Parry.

Hexmaster: +4 to strike, +4 to parry, and +8 to damage (using "Sword" bonuses).

Note: If allowable, I'd Hexmaster the shield separately using "Blunt" options, for an extra +6 to parry. To be somewhat fair, you'd probably only get one parry bonus, and this could be used to replace the "Sword" parry bonus, yet the strike/parry is the only way to get the Sword strike bonus (so that might remain). So perhaps: +4 to Strike, +6 to Parry, and +8 damage.

The picture in Compendium of Weapons & Armor (so I'm basing it directly off of a by the book image) indicates at least 3 spikes (two are designed for parrying, and one for attacking). The two defensive ones would also get maxed parry bonuses (+6 parry each), and the offensive one max damage (+8 damage). I doubt these bonuses will get factored into the point total, but it would be done all the same (and this method is not the MOST munchie method possible, but it is practical).

Now we'll start to have some fun ...

The main sword is forged out of Black Metal and then coated in Silver. The black metal's damage isn't based on contact, so the silver shouldn't interfere. This makes it invulnerable to all but magic and lightweight, while the silver can hurt Vampires, Werebeasts, and others with a similar vulnerability.

One of the defensive spikes will be crafted from a unicorn horn. This could allow the user to draw upon the P.P.E. (while keeping it not magical itself). Note: The ability to draw on the P.P.E. is technically just for Beyond the Supernatural and Rifts. However, I can't find a logical reason it doesn't work in Palladium Fantasy, and it makes it more fun. Note: If it won't affect anything, silver coat this as well. This isn't needed, but will help keep a more consistent color theme than a mish-mash otherwise.

The gauntlet and shield will be made from Zandragal's blood. A suit of red metal armour would be impervious to damage (not vulnerability at all listed, not even to magic). At the very least, it would have S.D.C. x3 (which can be important since otherwise shields take damage). Note: The way I've personally always envisioned the ability to be invulnerable yet still have an S.D.C. rating is that the item can become bent and warped out of shaped, but the material itself is still intact. Therefore it just needs to get crafted back into place.

The other defensive spike is forged from White Metal. We don't know what this does, but as it's listed as more powerful I figure this should be worth at least one point (maybe more). Note: If it won't affect anything, silver coat this as well. This isn't needed, but will help keep a more consistent color theme than a mish-mash otherwise. Note: If it won't affect anything, silver coat this as well. This isn't needed, but will help keep a more consistent color theme than a mish-mash otherwise.

The attack spike (center shield, designed for bashing) is forged from Kym-nark-mar's blood. This allows it to cut through armour as if not there (though the armour still takes damage as well).

There is of course the ability to hold the lantern.

Across the center of the shield is emblazoned a Cross (the Kym-nark-mar's spike at the exact center, to add a bit of look, but since it's transparent won't affect the visual either) to help repel both Vampires, Faerie Folk, and others so held at bay by the symbol. Note: I do not believe that a Cross would be considered a "Mystic" symbol, but you might rule that it's akin to the Protection symbol. This design is to take advantage of a symbol that Vampires and Faerie Folk avoid due to their natures, not any magical properties or traits of the symbol itself. But may be removed if necessary.

The Cross would probably be painted in silver, giving the shield a very Silver and Red color scheme. This has no bearing on anything other than appearance.

+1 Awesome point for the backstory. I don't know of god blood would register as magic or not, but in the absence of a canon answer, I'll allow it; who knows? Maybe the dragonwright gods got it wrong and the master vamp senses this thing coming a league away. It doesn't make this weapon implausible.
+1 munchkin point for having the gumption to throw in the blood of four dragon gods.
I'll use the damage, strike, and parry bonuses for the overall weapon without including individual pointy-thing parry bonuses.

As for the weapon:
18+8 points for damage, +10 points for strike/parry bonuses, +1 for silver coating against vampires, +1 for the unicorn horn's inherent properties (even if it's not a PPE battery in Fantasy, you can always burn it in a power circle for some cool perks), +1 for being highly damage-resistant, +2 for the ability to stab through armor with the spike (probably with lesser damage, but who cares? It's a special attack), +1 for whatever White Metal does, +1 for its unique ability to hold a lantern, +1 for the symbol's ability to hold back vampires and faerie folk.

If my addition is right, that's 44 points total!
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

kiralon wrote:Giant sized Hex Crafted Grodnelite Javelin (does an extra 1d6 damage)
8d6+6 +4 strike +4 parry(lol) +8 damage, damages everything in a 10ft radius,
cant be dodged, and if you are under 12ft tall you have a %50 chance to lose initiative and an attack and be knocked to the ground or just lose initiative, also if armour isn't penetrated it does full damage to armour and 1/3 damage to person

24+6+4+4+8+2+2+2+2=54 points! That Grodnelite has a lot of special attack move features.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”