Question about PF: Lemaria

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

crazycowproductions
D-Bee
Comment: Sometimes the best Solution is to think before acting, but then again Acting before you think is the human solution too :D

Question about PF: Lemaria

Unread post by crazycowproductions »

I have the book for Adventures on the High Seas and it seems there is a start to an adventure and another several pages down to get off the isle. I was wondering if there where any other books that might help flesh out this area or even an adventure written in a rifter somewhere that I'd missed.

Trying to come up with a challenge for a character that came from Rifts earth to Palladium Fantasy (Human Mutant Rogue Scientist: Powers are Immortality, healing Factor, Extraordinary Physical Endurance and Extraordinary Mental Endurance) I can visualize several amusing encounters with them alone. But was wondering on the expert opinions of other game masters. How much would be too much for the isle before they tried to punish a man that would use science to make the isle a better place as that seems to be what the player tells me his characters personality is like (not to mention the shock of the character when he finds out SDC weapons hurt him now)

I have two other players in the group. A female ex CS-Grunt and A mutant Mouse that never changed size and appearance is on line with a certain Disney show with several purchased mental powers for mutant Animals.

was going for a Stranger in a strange land scenario with characters building Rift SDC based characters (mostly humans, mutants, etc. No Dragons or Demigods for example) and I figure a Strange fog and ship wreck onto this isle would be an amusing start since all MDC devices would become SDC devices (abiet more powerful, taking a page from a Nightspawn/nightbane book doing, 3 times it's listed damage but as SDC)

Although starting them in another land might work just as well. Adventures on the High Seas was the second books I'd purchased for Palladium Fantasy and would like to use it.

So back to my earlier question, where there ever written any hook,line seekers for it or whole adventures besides the starting adventure written in the High Seas book?

Or if people are willing to share there own adventure ideas on Lemaria with this concept of causing both fun and amusement I'm all ears as well :-)
One moment your a nobody, the next a hero. But you still gotta put your pants on one leg at a time.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: Question about PF: Lemaria

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Byzantium is the closest land (published) to lemaria.

But you might want the need them to the land of the damned.
Then u could take the lemaria setting and plonk it in Rifts if u wish.
Last edited by The Dark Elf on Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

I doubt that anyone on Lemaria would believe it's "science." More likely they would just consider it another type of magic. And if word of a new type of magic got out, I could see Bizantium or the Wolfen mounting expeditions to investigate. I could see the islanders not wanting to attract outside attention.

You want them to stay on the island, or go anywhere in particular? There's all kinds of things to get involved in. Sea of Despair and Bizantium are close, then there are the Shadow Colonies, Hinterlands, and LotD.
crazycowproductions
D-Bee
Comment: Sometimes the best Solution is to think before acting, but then again Acting before you think is the human solution too :D

Jerell wrote:I doubt that anyone on Lemaria would believe it's "science." More likely they would just consider it another type of magic. And if word of a new type of magic got out, I could see Bizantium or the Wolfen mounting expeditions to investigate. I could see the islanders not wanting to attract outside attention.

You want them to stay on the island, or go anywhere in particular? There's all kinds of things to get involved in. Sea of Despair and Bizantium are close, then there are the Shadow Colonies, Hinterlands, and LotD.

Staying on the island isn't the major idea (certainly wasn't looking for a 3 hour tour type scenario ;-) ) but I also wasn't planning on providing a easy way off the isle either. So a few adventure ideas there wouldn't hurt. I have a few old hook line sinker for PF and a roll table for a 100 hooks but fresh ideas would be nice. So far I have for my own adventure a fleshing off of the Adventures of the High Seas where they get brought in from their own ship wreck. (after being surprised that they are no longer being pursued by ______ anymore)
Since it seems the Rogue Scientist is going the way of Medicine and Medical Doctor (no Cybertech or Cyber surgery knowledge however) I was thinking of starting the adventure in the medical area and taking notice of a disease among it's inhabitants.

The CS Grunt if they decide to stay might end up teaching others how to fight. But since the character still prefers humans to non-humans wont likely see a difference between men and women who are human at first until it gets explained to her. (considering the teasing friendship between the players the grunt and the scientist, I can see this being some what of a joke that'll get poked often as long as they are on the isle of Lemuria)

The Tiny Mouse character however is where I really draw a blank. Basically they built a Gadget Style character but with the Genetic Mental powers to make technology work with little more than bubblegum and a few paperclips. Trying to come up with something for them but at their size scale all I keep in-visioning are run in's with cat's. trying to get them to change out some of their Bio-E bought powers for either other ones or a size change.
One moment your a nobody, the next a hero. But you still gotta put your pants on one leg at a time.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Mouse size? There's quite a few small fairy folk that come to mind... There's also gnomes which are not as small, but still would readily notice Mickey. Now that I think about it, I wonder if PF folk would assume the mouse is some kind of fairy folk.
crazycowproductions
D-Bee

Jerell wrote:Mouse size? There's quite a few small fairy folk that come to mind... There's also gnomes which are not as small, but still would readily notice Mickey. Now that I think about it, I wonder if PF folk would assume the mouse is some kind of fairy folk.

That is a good question, hadn't quite pondered that aspect much. Lemaria might be a good place to put a few fairie folk as well.

As for Mickey Fitting in for size,HT: 4" check, WT: 16 OZ check, (Size level 1, medium build) Hands/Biped/Speech- all Full, Looks - Partial
Danger Sense, Bio-manipulation (Paralysis), and Natural Mechanical Genius with a Vestigial Tail with the OCC of Operator
They might think he's some kind of Fairy, and if not them, the Natives certainly might if they ever catch him. Although now that I know for a fact he took the Paralysis power all those cats that might pounce have a much funnier after effect in my mind.

"BY ISIS! My cat has stopped moving!"

also poor mouse mutant has a PS of 3, might make using tools or repairing things on a human scale, near impossible.

Been trying to find some alternate rules since they currently read to me that the mouse can still lift 30Lb's. which doesn't seem quite right at Size level 1.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

crazycowproductions wrote:
Jerell wrote:Mouse size? There's quite a few small fairy folk that come to mind... There's also gnomes which are not as small, but still would readily notice Mickey. Now that I think about it, I wonder if PF folk would assume the mouse is some kind of fairy folk.

That is a good question, hadn't quite pondered that aspect much. Lemaria might be a good place to put a few fairie folk as well.

As for Mickey Fitting in for size,HT: 4" check, WT: 16 OZ check, (Size level 1, medium build) Hands/Biped/Speech- all Full, Looks - Partial
Danger Sense, Bio-manipulation (Paralysis), and Natural Mechanical Genius with a Vestigial Tail with the OCC of Operator
They might think he's some kind of Fairy, and if not them, the Natives certainly might if they ever catch him. Although now that I know for a fact he took the Paralysis power all those cats that might pounce have a much funnier after effect in my mind.

also poor mouse mutant has a PS of 3, might make using tools or repairing things on a human scale, near impossible.

Been trying to find some alternate rules since they currently read to me that the mouse can still lift 30Lb's. which doesn't seem quite right at Size level 1.

and if the small size is an issue just get them to come through a nexus and have him grow to 6 ft, and then shrink back when he goes back, or get tricked into eating fairy food that does the same so he needs a remove curse to shrink back to size, and id change his native mechanical genius into some something else more useful in palladium, like conjuring, or a natural ability to animate objects he has made himself.
crazycowproductions
D-Bee

kiralon wrote:
crazycowproductions wrote:

and if the small size is an issue just get them to come through a nexus and have him grow to 6 ft, and then shrink back when he goes back, or get tricked into eating fairy food that does the same so he needs a remove curse to shrink back to size, and id change his native mechanical genius into some something else more useful in palladium, like conjuring, or a natural ability to animate objects he has made himself.

Hmmm true enough and as an OCC Operator he really doesn't need the ability as far as I can tell.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Jerell wrote:I doubt that anyone on Lemaria would believe it's "science." More likely they would just consider it another type of magic. And if word of a new type of magic got out, I could see Bizantium or the Wolfen mounting expeditions to investigate. I could see the islanders not wanting to attract outside attention.

Bizantium's offical policy involving Lemaria is to steer clear of it. Which isn't hard to do
since their location is not along any particular trade routes.
crazycowproductions
D-Bee

Reagren Wright wrote:

Bizantium's offical policy involving Lemaria is to steer clear of it. Which isn't hard to do
since their location is not along any particular trade routes.

True enough, so little risk of the knowledge of a new form of magic getting out, and I was expecting the rogue scientist to start small and work their way up such as introducing new ideas of medicine and such since it was one of my old characters reduced back to level one in concept :-)

Although after the first game, the group changed quite a bit. Female Mind Melter. Now I've read and seen that some psionics do exist on Lemaria but they're not clerics, so was wondering are certain Psionic classes seen like other Magic users?

Thankfully no one is too strange (expect maybe the Size One Mouse Mutant operator) The player that was going to use the premade of the Rogue Scientist made their own character into a Mind Melter Female currently they're hiding out on the island trying to figure out how to approach the inhabitants of this strange and low tech island after coming through a temporary rift and wandering through the thick vegetation. CS Grunt and the Mind Melter decided their background was one of Bounty hunting. The grunt had captured the Psychic and was on their way to a town to turn them in with her small side kick when they suddenly found themselves, in this place with a rift that closed before they could turn home. Also have a player who heard there was a PF game going on so I might end up with a fourth player as well. At least now I have a more basic group of characters, but a few technology devices they do have that are already starting to malfunction as well.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”