Necromancers Spells

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Necromancers Spells

Unread post by eliakon »

So I was reading High Seas and then Bizantium....
Great stuff, and I like Necromancers as NPC villains....
But uhhhh why don't either O.C.C. write ups have their starting/level up magic?
Am I totally blind and missing something somewhere? Or do I really need to go check out Africa or Mystic Russia to get this?
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Prysus
Champion

Re: Necromancers Spells

Unread post by Prysus »

eliakon wrote:So I was reading High Seas and then Bizantium....
Am I totally blind and missing something somewhere? Or do I really need to go check out Africa or Mystic Russia to get this?

Greetings and Salutations. This seems to have been included in later printings of Adventures on the High Seas, but apparently the information for the Bizantium Necromancer was cut and paste from an earlier AotHS printing. It sucks, I know. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Prysus wrote:
eliakon wrote:So I was reading High Seas and then Bizantium....

Greetings and Salutations. This seems to have been included in later printings of Adventures on the High Seas, but apparently the information for the Bizantium Necromancer was cut and paste from an earlier AotHS printing. It sucks, I know. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Thank you, that actually is very useful (I will have to look into a later printing of AotHS for future use)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I'm guessing it was a cut and past from the earlier edition of AoHS. And Prysus was right that if you get a later
edition of High Seas (2nd printing or later) you will get the info that tells you how many spells you start with.

Necromancers begin wilh 6 Necromancy spells and 6 common spells associated with necromancy.
Additional spells and rituals related to Necromancy may be learned or purchased at any time regardless
of the character's experience level; however, the Necromancer does NOT obtain these automatically.
A Necromancer begins with P.P.E. equal to 2D4x10 plus his P.E. attribute and gains 2D6 more P.P.E.
per level of experience.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”