Purifiers (fan fic); Future of the Story?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

How should the Purifier story continue?

1: Rewrite from the beginning, then continue
60%
2: Continue, and just change the stuff for future chapters
No votes
3: Continue, keeping everything the same
20%
4: Don't continue at all, never cared for it anyways
No votes
5: Other
20%

Total votes: 5

Prysus
Champion

Purifiers (fan fic); Future of the Story?

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. As some of you may know, I've been writing a Palladium Fantasy fan fic known as The Purifiers, following a group of Elves and Dwarves in the aftermath of the Elf-Dwarf War and the dawn of the Millennium of Purification. However, I haven't updated it in a while (last update was in November). That's mostly because my website had been giving me grief, so I took a break so that I could revamp the website and make it easier for me to manage. Remodeling of the website is complete (and much easier for me to update) and I've added some new material. This brings me back to the Purifiers.

Now something some of you may not know is that I wasn't entirely happy with a few things in The Purifiers. My biggest issue has been the character Kendroll. I had a concept for the character, but he never really came alive for me and I wasn't entirely happy with how he's been written either. I've just never felt his personality, which as a writer has caused me problems writing him. There's a few other issues (such as editing mistakes I've caught in the past that ... well, kind of matter, without giving details), a couple little things I accidently left out, etc. Most of it's minor, with Kendroll being my main concern (I've also received at least one complaint about the character from a reader as well). So before I start writing again, I wanted to get some feedback to see how the readers feel I should proceed.

1: Rewrite the story from the beginning, then continue. This would involve fixing some of those editing mistakes, adjusting a few scenes, and most importantly rewriting Kendroll (well some of the same concepts will remain, the character will for the most part be new/different). I recently had a visual appear in my mind that just made the character come to life (I think), and think the changes can add to the story. Once the first four chapters are rewritten I will continue with the story. Note: I'd want to aim for having at least one full chapter rewritten per month.

2: Continue, and just change the stuff for the future chapters. This means the previous four chapters (and first scene of Chapter 5) will remain as is, but as I move forward I will rewrite Kendroll, effectively removing him from the story and replacing him with another character as if the other character (not even the same name) had always been there.

3: Continue, keeping everything the same. I would continue writing the rest of the chapters not changing anything. Kendroll would remain as he is now (even though I'm not entirely happy with him).

4: Don't continue at all, never cared for it anyways. If the story is just disliked and/or unpopular, I can always just stop writing it if not enough people care. Note: Unless this option wins by a considerable margin, I'm likely to continue regardless.

5: Other. If you have another idea I didn't mention here, I'm open to new suggestions.

Thank you for your time and continued interest, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Purifiers (fan fic); Future of the Story?

Unread post by kiralon »

I'd say, try to make him more interesting as you go, you still might end up re-writing him later but making a slow story change would be good practice.
Jerell
Hero

Re: Purifiers (fan fic); Future of the Story?

Unread post by Jerell »

If you have the time and will, why not start from the beginning?

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”