Oh the looks on my players faces...

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Oh the looks on my players faces...

Unread post by pblackcrow »

This was a classic moment for me, TOTALLY. When the wizard bungled the roll of a dimensional teleport roll. I allowed them to roll to see how nice I should be, -10. They rolled a 47. I put them in the world of a popular 80's/90's cartoon. And the look of their faces when they figured out where they were...It was priceless!!! The world is Myrrh. And I started them off where the show ended. LOL! And they met Ryn, Ioz, and Tula, and a Monkeybird name Midlor. But it wasn't until they encountered one of the major villain that it finally clicked.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Jerell
Hero

Re: Oh the looks on my players faces...

Unread post by Jerell »

I have not seen Pirates of Dark water since it first aired on TV...
pblackcrow
Champion

Try YouTube.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Alas, I have not the time.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Pirates of Dark Water, where they made up curse words so sailors could sound like sailors.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I had all the episode on tape at one time. Another one of the few cartoons on tv in the 1980s in which characters died.
Torval
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Torval »

Fun story. Do you have a lot of dimensional teleporting in your PFRPG games?
pblackcrow
Champion

Torval wrote:Fun story. Do you have a lot of dimensional teleporting in your PFRPG games?

Usually in the ones I play in, not too much the ones I run.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Torval
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Torval »

pblackcrow wrote:
Torval wrote:Fun story. Do you have a lot of dimensional teleporting in your PFRPG games?

When it does happen in the games you play, is it usually by player's actions or as a consequences of NPC actions?
pblackcrow
Champion

Torval wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:

When it does happen in the games you play, is it usually by player's actions or as a consequences of NPC actions?

A mixture of all of the above actually.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

I like dimension hoping in Rifts (with environmental suits and sensors n' stuff to check things out), not so big a fan of it in PF.
Razorwing
Hero

Unread post by Razorwing »

Reagren Wright wrote:I had all the episode on tape at one time. Another one of the few cartoons on tv in the 1980s in which characters died.

Which characters died? I don't recall any of them actually being killed (well... none of the 4 main characters anyways).
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
DrStrange
D-Bee

Unread post by DrStrange »

Jerell wrote:I like dimension hoping in Rifts (with environmental suits and sensors n' stuff to check things out), not so big a fan of it in PF.

I kinda hate to admit this, but as a fan of things like the old tv shows SLIDERS, Stargate SG-1, and Farscape, I still have yet to run a campaign wherein any of the players go dimension/universe hopping... To be honest, I have actually tried to motivate my players to do this on several occasions, but to no avail. I also should admit that not one of my regulars would even get the Pirates of the dark waters reference, as most were born in the late 90's.
"Let me... pick your brain for a moment... this won't hurt a bit!"
Scaper1
D-Bee
Comment: "Faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see." -Hebrews 11:1

Unread post by Scaper1 »

I just finished running a PFRPG adventure to set up a larger campaign and introduce a long-term nemesis.

One of my players wanted to run a Caecil from "Aliens Unlimited." I didn't make it easy for him, nor did I give him any unfair advantages. It did make for an interesting side-story as to how that particular character "hopped" into the fantasy setting from his homeworld, and how he was treated.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

pblackcrow wrote:

yeah...and when you did it, you always told us ahead of time. so we would know to not play characters with obligations or duties.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”