Looking for necromancy

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Looking for necromancy

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Hi all,

Quick Question - where is the Necromancer O.C.C. located? I thought it was in the Yin Sloth Jungle book, but alas I can't find it...
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: Looking for necromancy

Unread post by say652 »

Mystic Russia worldbook I believe.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

In fantasy it's in High Seas, and expanded upon in Bizantium
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

zyanitevp wrote:In fantasy it's in High Seas, and expanded upon in Bizantium

Excellent - thanks!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Yes we no longer have to refer to Mystic Russia if you want a full fleshed out
necromancer in Palladium Fantasy. Bizantium is your one stop shop for making a
necromancer :D .
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

Reagren Wright wrote:Yes we no longer have to refer to Mystic Russia if you want a full fleshed out

Actually, I just made a Necromancer using the Bizantium rules, and I can't figure out how many spells they start with, nor how many they receive as they level. I also don't know if they get any of the "standard" wizard abilities, like learning new spells through study, or anything to do with ley lines, or scroll conversion for that matter. I think the write-up in High Seas is still the most complete version.

But that's just my opinion.
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Yeah I've just been informed that part was left out here at the Open House :( . So you are right in that regard, but at least you have a more complete list
of spells. I'm guessing a cut and paste was done, because during the 1st printing of High Seas 2nd edition that information was left out.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Reagren Wright wrote:Yes we no longer have to refer to Mystic Russia if you want a full fleshed out

Does the Bizantium have both the regular nerco magic and the bone magic?
(this kitty does not have that book yet.)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

Does the Bizantium have both the regular nerco magic and the bone magic?
(this kitty does not have that book yet.)

Yes though it is not listed as (Bone) sub-collage in this book
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Dark
Wanderer

Unread post by Dark »

So both write-ups are incomplete still?
V/R,

Dark

Adventure is someone else in deep ****, far far away.
If you want to learn something new, read an old book.
Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.
My Keiretsu is bigger than yours.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Dark wrote:So both write-ups are incomplete still?

Oh its complete.....
They just don't make the distinction that some spells are of the Bone sub-collage.

Which is fine since that distinction only really matters to certain Russian casters in Rifts. In PF Necromancy is Necromancy.

Just like it doesn't really matter if an Invocation is of the Shadow sub-school or Frost sub-school to most Wizards since they will treat them all as Invocations it doesn't matter if its of the Bone sub-school since it will just be treated as a Necromancy spell.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Reagren Wright

And don't forget Rifter #62 has new Official Necromancy spells (including Bone Magic) all of which are easily adaptable for PF.
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Reagren Wright wrote:And don't forget Rifter #62 has new Official Necromancy spells (including Bone Magic) all of which are easily adaptable for PF.

Yerp. And if you feel they need even more spells
Rifter 50 has the Mortificant which is a sort of necromancer.....so their spells status as for learning by other mages is.....unsettled (I would personally be of the opinion that its a sub-school of Necromancy....Necromancy (Bone), Necromancy (Mortificant).....
Rifts Dimensional Outbreak introduces us to Demon Magic and Megaverse in Flames to the Soulmancy sub-school of Demon magic.
Both of which are described as forms of necromagic and dark invocations......
And then there is Shadow Magic (Shadows of Death? Hello there Mr. spell of dark and life!)

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Yup byzantium has a helluva write up for PFRPG necromancers.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”