Living the Fantasy (fan site)

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Living the Fantasy (fan site)

Unread post by kiralon »

Sweet, looking forward to the finished product. The current sheets are eminently usable but having it all in an excel doc would make life way easier.
Maybe you could approach palladium and have it attached to a rifter as an optional download, because when finished if its going to turn out how I think it will it could be converted to other megaversal systems and drive palladium further out of the 1900's, and with the work involved you would deserve some money, just like hotrod does for his maps, working with excel well also requires skill.
and one of my pc's is using the dwarf sheet as his base character sheet because most of what he needs for levelling is in one place.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Whiskeyjack wrote:The combat sheet would be awesome.

Greetings and Salutations. So I've done some very basic mapping out of a combat sheet. I'll be able to include all Hand (Arm) Strikes and Foot (Leg) Strikes, as well as their damages. I already written most of what I need for Supernatural Strength damages, and have the formula in mind for the sheet to use the correct damage listing. Hand Strikes are mostly taken from the "Damage" listing in PF2 main page 45, and Kicks are taken from there as well as well as "Kick Attacks and Flying Jump Kicks" and "Jump Kicks" on the same page. I'll probably also include "Body Block/Tackle" as a special maneuver. Am I missing any?

I should also have space for at least 5 Weapon Proficiencies, 3 different armor types, and 5 weapons. I also have a method in mind so that you can select 1 armor type and 2 weapon types (a main and an alt) to display on the main Character Sheet (basically same as now, except now the information will come from this sheet). I'm not 100% sure this will work (not yet tested), but I think it should.

Because I have space, I should be able to also include things like Saving Throws and basic Combat Bonuses (same as the main Character Sheet).

While my goal is to make everything fit on one page, is there anything else I would need, or something else that would just be beneficial? I think I'll still have room even after all the above. I can just add more W.P., Armor, and Weapon slots, but I thought I'd get some feedback first.

Whiskeyjack wrote:I thought my excell skills were pretty decent, but your grasp of the program is phenomenal.

And thank you for that compliment. Oddly, when I started this all just under a year ago, I was probably basic knowledge with some intermediate knowledge. To do these sheets though, I've had to learn a lot. I've talked to the wife (who was a lot better than me) to figure out how to do something, would copy formulas I didn't fully understand (but I do now), research online how to do something to meet my vision, and I'm really proud of how things have come along (other than right now I'm holding back in a few areas as I try to tip-toe the Palladium line of acceptable online content).

I'm thinking of contacting Palladium again later this year. If they wanted to release the sheets in some manner themselves, that would be great, but I'd personally just be happy if they approve (or at least agreed not to give me a C&D over it) my making the Character Sheet I've been wanting to create. And after I finish the NPC Sheet, I believe I'll have a lot of the pieces in place for it. We'll see. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Unread post by Father Goose »

I'm looking forward to seeing more development on this front. Your website was the first solid resource I found when first exploring Palladium (Mark Hall's article on Wolfen naming conventions and Hotrod's Timiro map being the next early and important finds). I know that PB doesn't like too much info being released as free internet content, but honestly, your material doesn't make sense to someone not already familiar with the game. In order to appreciate what you have created, a person needs to have invested in the main book at minimum. I know that, for myself, finding online resources such as your site helped me decide how strong an investment to make. Seeing your race, skill, and OCC pages have helped me decide what books to purchase for the things I wish to accomplish. In other words, such online resources are a huge boon to anyone already invested in the game, but worthless to someone who is not. So PB doesn't really have anything to worry about. Pirated pdf books are the threat to their bottom line, not solid fan content. If anything, solid fan content like yours benefits PB by stimulating creativity and invigorating the fans who make/use it. Like I said, I bought books based primarily on what content I thought I would need according to your website, not according to PB marketing and, as finances permit, I will be buying more according to the same thought process. While it is true that I will eventually buy them all, the alacrity with which I purchased the first several were based primarily on information gleaned from your site.

Regarding your two options, I'm a fan of option #2. An all-in-one system would be much more to my liking.

Thank you for all that you do to support this community.
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Father Goose wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing more development on this front. Your website was the first solid resource I found when first exploring Palladium (Mark Hall's article on Wolfen naming conventions and Hotrod's Timiro map being the next early and important finds).

Greetings and Salutations. I appreciate that. I also want to apologize for missing your earlier post. Somehow I didn't see it until today. I wouldn't want you to think I was intentionally ignoring your opinion when I responded to others.

Father Goose wrote:I know that PB doesn't like too much info being released as free internet content, but honestly, your material doesn't make sense to someone not already familiar with the game. In order to appreciate what you have created, a person needs to have invested in the main book at minimum. I know that, for myself, finding online resources such as your site helped me decide how strong an investment to make. Seeing your race, skill, and OCC pages have helped me decide what books to purchase for the things I wish to accomplish. In other words, such online resources are a huge boon to anyone already invested in the game, but worthless to someone who is not. So PB doesn't really have anything to worry about. Pirated pdf books are the threat to their bottom line, not solid fan content. If anything, solid fan content like yours benefits PB by stimulating creativity and invigorating the fans who make/use it. Like I said, I bought books based primarily on what content I thought I would need according to your website, not according to PB marketing and, as finances permit, I will be buying more according to the same thought process. While it is true that I will eventually buy them all, the alacrity with which I purchased the first several were based primarily on information gleaned from your site.

In general, as far as I'm aware, Palladium is fine with my website. At the very least, I do my best to follow their internet policy to give them no reason to take issue. Quantity of original content or basic references (such as the O.C.C., Race, and Skill Lists) are generally fine as well. However, there is always a line. A list of PF Skills is probably fine, but a list of PF Skills with % (base and per level) included they might take issue with. Or at least that's my understanding, though I can't recall how I came to that conclusion around 15 years ago. The Character Sheet I'd want to release would include things like:

1. A drop down list to select O.C.C. This doesn't seem so bad at first (similar to my PF O.C.C. List). But I'd want to have the Experience Point chart included so that the sheet would automatically recognize when you level without you needing to do any work.

2. A drop down list for Skills. This doesn't sound bad at first either (similar to my PF Skill List). However, this would be tied into Base skill as well as per level. I have a few ideas how I could even make it only shows skills available to that class (so a Knight can show the Wilderness Skills available to the Knight, and possibly ignore the Domestic category entirely). I could probably even include a way for the skill to add in O.C.C. Skill/Related bonuses. Note: I'm not 100% I could pull all of this off, but I know I can do some of it and I think I can do the rest as well.

So to know what a skill does, you'd need the book. But for %, selecting skills, for bonuses, and quite a few other things the book wouldn't be needed. You'd still need a main book to understand what the skills do and how the game mechanics work, but a PF main book wouldn't be as important if you already had a Rifts main book (as an example). And even if you need the main book, you might not need the sourcebook a new O.C.C. appears in since the sheet does it for you. As a fan, I understand why what I want to do could be useful to both Game Masters and Players. However, I can also understand why Palladium might hesitate on such detail. I don't have to agree, but I can accept and respect their decision.

So if I do approach them with the idea again, I'd need to convince that I can execute the idea, that it would be awesome and useful, and that this won't hurt them. For now, one of the ways I think I'll do that is by sticking mostly to the main book only. That's kind of needed to play anyways. This also saves me some work.

Father Goose wrote:Regarding your two options, I'm a fan of option #2. An all-in-one system would be much more to my liking.

Thank you for all that you do to support this community.

Your vote is noted. Again, apologies for missing your first post. And supporting the community is the main thing that's been keeping my going with the website and various other Palladium related products. Thanks for your time and feedback. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Unread post by Father Goose »

Prysus wrote:In general, as far as I'm aware, Palladium is fine with my website. At the very least, I do my best to follow their internet policy to give them no reason to take issue. Quantity of original content or basic references (such as the O.C.C., Race, and Skill Lists) are generally fine as well. However, there is always a line. A list of PF Skills is probably fine, but a list of PF Skills with % (base and per level) included they might take issue with. Or at least that's my understanding, though I can't recall how I came to that conclusion around 15 years ago. The Character Sheet I'd want to release would include things like:

1. A drop down list to select O.C.C. This doesn't seem so bad at first (similar to my PF O.C.C. List). But I'd want to have the Experience Point chart included so that the sheet would automatically recognize when you level without you needing to do any work.

2. A drop down list for Skills. This doesn't sound bad at first either (similar to my PF Skill List). However, this would be tied into Base skill as well as per level. I have a few ideas how I could even make it only shows skills available to that class (so a Knight can show the Wilderness Skills available to the Knight, and possibly ignore the Domestic category entirely). I could probably even include a way for the skill to add in O.C.C. Skill/Related bonuses. Note: I'm not 100% I could pull all of this off, but I know I can do some of it and I think I can do the rest as well.

So to know what a skill does, you'd need the book. But for %, selecting skills, for bonuses, and quite a few other things the book wouldn't be needed. You'd still need a main book to understand what the skills do and how the game mechanics work, but a PF main book wouldn't be as important if you already had a Rifts main book (as an example). And even if you need the main book, you might not need the sourcebook a new O.C.C. appears in since the sheet does it for you. As a fan, I understand why what I want to do could be useful to both Game Masters and Players. However, I can also understand why Palladium might hesitate on such detail. I don't have to agree, but I can accept and respect their decision.

So if I do approach them with the idea again, I'd need to convince that I can execute the idea, that it would be awesome and useful, and that this won't hurt them. For now, one of the ways I think I'll do that is by sticking mostly to the main book only. That's kind of needed to play anyways. This also saves me some work.

I would recommend directing them to the Pathfinder SRD website. They have full level progression, lists of skills, feats, etc., yet you still need the Corebook to be able to play the game. So it makes for a great and convenient reference for players and Game Masters, but still requires the acquisition of books in order to be of any real use. Palladium could benefit from the same setup. Allow free exchange of content that aids in playability (such as better character sheets and quick reference material, etc), but not gameplay instructions. That way, anyone who already has the books can benefit from quicker prep times, but those who do not have the books will gain nothing. It wouldn't be hard to administer such a system. The framework is already in place via Cutting Room Floor, this forum, your website (and Mark Hall's and several others - mine included if I ever get around to reviving that project...), etc.
KS has been burned in the past and it has made him a bit paranoid. That is understandable. But now it is time to take a deep breath and remember why he started this journey to begin with. Its the love of gaming and sharing your ideas with other gamers that is the essence of why we are a community and not isolated entities. I think there is a wide berth for sharing that does not infringe on PB's profit margin, and I think most of us want PB to make money. After all, if they stop making money, they will stop releasing products, and they already take longer than most of us would like to get each new book on the market.
Well, that's enough soapbox sermon for one comment. Thanks again for all that you do.
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Recent Changes
October 01, 2018

Greetings and Salutations. Last update I asked for opinions. I waited a while before moving forward because I wanted to give people time (I've also been working on other projects). While I didn't get nearly as much feedback as I'd have liked, I decided to move forward with what I had. I'm planning ot make a single, unified NPC Sheet. Before I did that though, I decided to work on a different request. I added a Combat Sheet to the PF Character Sheet. This includes a section to include unarmed attacks, W.P. bonuses, different types of armor, and a wider selection of weapons. This sheet is, for the most part, optional. I decided to do this first because there are aspects of it I can use in the NPC Sheet. I'll begin work on the NPC Sheet soon, but I'm not sure how long before I have a version up and running. I will try to keep everyone updated. Thank you for your time and continued support. Farewell and safe journeys.

Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

That's awesome to hear Prysus. Can't wait to check it out!
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Me too
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. So I've spent part of the day modifying the NPC Sheet to use the new Combat Sheet from the Character Sheet. This won't affect much, but will ultimately allow a greater deal of customization (for those who want it) while maintaining the same visual and ease of use (rerouting formulas and such, but unless you use the Combat Sheet you won't really notice any difference). As I did this, I had a thought/question, and wanted to ask:

How important do you think it is for weapon damage (displayed) to adjust to Supernatural Damage?

What I mean by that is, if you have Supernatural Strength, and you're using a weapon, you use whichever is the greater of the two for damage. So if you have a Supernatural P.S. of 17 and wielding a dagger (as an example), you can inflict 2D6 damage with that dagger. Do you think it's important to have that damage reflected, or would I just be making things more complicated than I have to and I should stick to basic dagger damage (1D6)? Note: Any added complications would be on my end, not the users end.

I wanted to ask some opinions. I've got quite a few tasks ahead of me, so I'm in no rush. However, I figure it would be easier to address such an issue (if that is the decision) before I finish the updates as opposed to trying to tweak it after the fact. Thank you. Farewell and safe journeys.

kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

If there could be an option showing the supernatural strength damage and lifting capabilities if the supernatural strength tick box is ticked would be great, but I don't think it needs to override the weapon damage as it could confuse things when looting.

I play if you haven't figured your bonuses out correctly that's bad luck for players and dm both.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

kiralon wrote:If there could be an option showing the supernatural strength damage and lifting capabilities if the supernatural strength tick box is ticked would be great, but I don't think it needs to override the weapon damage as it could confuse things when looting.

I play if you haven't figured your bonuses out correctly that's bad luck for players and dm both.

Greetings and Salutations. There's a Drop Down List for Strength (Normal is default, with Giant and Supernatural as selectable options).

Punch damage, lift, carry, throw, etc. is automatically calculated. Punch damage can be viewed at any time by simply selecting no weapons (the sheet will recognize no weapon selection as a standard, basic punch). This is already a feature of the sheet.

I hadn't considered the loot issue. Some of the current setup will already be thrown off by that. And this is a NPC sheet, where all bonuses are already added in. This is designed so when a NPC uses their main (or alt) weapon the GM will know at a glance, which they can do for a NPC they made with a few mouse clicks.

Just figured to explain the set up a bit. Thank you for your input, as yout opinion is valued. Farewell and safe journeys.

kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Aha, thanks for explanation.
The loot info is always pretty important to the players.
Whenever a player or an npc, be he monster or be he friend, drops dead his items stay on his (or her) body for almost 2 seconds

It usually sounds like this
Me
The dragons claw catches Delgath the fierce on the side of the head, mostly ripping the brains out of his head.
Party members
"Oh no, not Delgath, he always helped us out."
"I get his boots"
"I'm taking his weapon"
"I've already got his pouch"
"The backpack is mine"
"do we get experience points for burying him?"
"Oh yeah guys, remember we are fighting a dragon, we can do this later" - takes backpack"
"Oh that's right, we can do this later" - pockets pouch.
"I'd better take his weapon, just in case we need it" - takes weapon
"I already took his boots and have written it down"

Me
Everyone in the party takes 36 points of fire damage, no save or no dodge
"but I have +3 dodge " "but I have +4 to save" etc
Yes, and you were busy looting

Even after many years this still happens all too often.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. So I've updated the NPC sheet to include the Combat Sheet, as well as designed a preliminary table (including names and bonuses) for the Races and O.C.C. (Men at Arms and Optional O.C.C only). The Races and O.C.C. will be from Main Book only (and maybe the Blacksmith from Northern Hinterlands, since I've already done that one). The race chart will allow the sheet to adjust for Giant races (Wolfen, Trolls, etc.) for throwing as well as for damage. There's also a manual override option.

I still need to include ...

1: Special Abilities (for Races and O.C.C.). This should be a relatively easy task and shouldn't take very long (once I start it).

2: Rework all the worksheets to use the new tables instead of the older ones. This won't be very hard, but may take some time as I'll have to be thorough to make sure I don't miss a formula somewhere. I've done a few parts already, but still have a lot to go as well.

3: Skill lists for all the O.C.C. This will be the longest and most tedious, but I'm considering it a long term goal.

4: Ironing out any other problems that arise as I go forward.

I've also sent an e-mail to Palladium. If I don't hear back from them in a week or two, I'll likely follow up with a phone call (though the phone is probably my most despised method of communication). I'm not entirely sure where all of this will lead, but figured I should at the very least try to do this the proper way.

If I get really motivated, I can probably finish before the end of the month. But I figure around December is more likely (as I do just bits and pieces as I get around to it). Anyways, just wanted to provide a quick update. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys.

kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

That would be a great Christmas present. Good luck negotiating with Palladium.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Prysus wrote:
Greetings and Salutations. So I've updated the NPC sheet to include the Combat Sheet, as well as designed a preliminary table (including names and bonuses) for the Races and O.C.C. (Men at Arms and Optional O.C.C only). The Races and O.C.C. will be from Main Book only (and maybe the Blacksmith from Northern Hinterlands, since I've already done that one). The race chart will allow the sheet to adjust for Giant races (Wolfen, Trolls, etc.) for throwing as well as for damage. There's also a manual override option.

I still need to include ...

1: Special Abilities (for Races and O.C.C.). This should be a relatively easy task and shouldn't take very long (once I start it).

2: Rework all the worksheets to use the new tables instead of the older ones. This won't be very hard, but may take some time as I'll have to be thorough to make sure I don't miss a formula somewhere. I've done a few parts already, but still have a lot to go as well.

3: Skill lists for all the O.C.C. This will be the longest and most tedious, but I'm considering it a long term goal.

4: Ironing out any other problems that arise as I go forward.

I've also sent an e-mail to Palladium. If I don't hear back from them in a week or two, I'll likely follow up with a phone call (though the phone is probably my most despised method of communication). I'm not entirely sure where all of this will lead, but figured I should at the very least try to do this the proper way.

If I get really motivated, I can probably finish before the end of the month. But I figure around December is more likely (as I do just bits and pieces as I get around to it). Anyways, just wanted to provide a quick update. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys.

Phone is always your best bet for them, unfortunately.
Looking forward to having this great resource!!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Just a mini-update. Palladium and I have been talking about the sheets. They've being very supportive of the work. For the past week I've paused work on the NPC Sheet (again) so that I can revamp the PF Character Sheet more (implementing a lot of things I've wanted to do). I'm not done with my updates yet, but I'm getting there (realistic to optimistic goal is aiming for around end of month). When I'm finished, I'm hoping it will be even more user friendly and save even more time in character creation. I'd rather not go into more detail until everything is complete.

Once the Character Sheet is done, my intent is to return (again) to the PF NPC Sheet and include all the updates there. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

That's great to hear all round.
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

I'll be honest. I'm surprised that they were supportive, but it's great to hear. I'm hoping to have a go at the new combat page this weekend and see how it works.
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Finally moving a character over to the new sheet with the combat section.
One issue I've hit is in the experience page. I can't add the experience as the sheet is protected. I seem to recall you providing a password to unprotect sections but I can't find it.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Whiskeyjack wrote:Finally moving a character over to the new sheet with the combat section.
One issue I've hit is in the experience page. I can't add the experience as the sheet is protected. I seem to recall you providing a password to unprotect sections but I can't find it.

Greetings and Salutations. The password is listed on the Instructions page and is: PF2.

And is the whole Exp chart locked? The starting Exp is all you need to enter. I'm not even sure how that would have gotten locked unless ... maybe, when I was locking pages again (to avoid formulas from getting messed up) I accidentally locked that page.

I'll be honest, I've done such major mods to that sheet (mostly finished, but still undergoing some test runs and such) since then I can't recall. Anyways, hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Thanks Prysus.
I'm not sure if the whole chart was locked, but the starting experience was.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Whiskeyjack wrote:Thanks Prysus.
I'm not sure if the whole chart was locked, but the starting experience was.

Greetings and Salutations. Everything on that page did seem to be locked, but the issue should now be fixed (for fresh downloads). While I have worked on an upgraded version of the sheet, I'd still be greatly interested to see how the new Combat sheet works out for you. If you find faults (or something that can be better), then I have time to fix it before other changes are implemented. Thanks. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Vincent Takeda
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: 44 years in denver, but now in grand rapids.

Unread post by Vincent Takeda »

Agreed. I've done a similar calculating character sheet myself, and although mine is similar in function, it is not nearly as pretty.

Things I've got on my character sheet include all of the mph/feet per second/feet per round and max carry/round of carry/fatigue calculations as you have. I've also included an infinite sided dice roller (ok not infinite, but open office tops out at rolling a D-quadrillion?), a table that recalculates changing weights based on height for characters that change size (works backwards and calculates height based on weights as well not that theres any game reason to be able to do that, just because it was easy to write), a custom 'repair costs' calculator, haggling calculator for both buyers and sellers, and a space travel time calculator, which are less important for character sheets per se but I like having them around as gm tools.

Major credit to your spreadsheet coding skills. I expect I'll be able to use your example to pretty my stuff up significantly.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Recent Changes
November 11, 2018

Greetings and Salutations again. So I don't have any new updates for the site at this time. I've been doing some upgrades to the PF Character Sheet. This will involve a few cosmetic changes to make it more user friendly, as well as many new features. The newer features should help make character creation (and leveling) faster and easier. While I've finished most of that work, I'm still in the troubleshooting stage and a few other small details. I hope to have the new version released before the end of the year, but there are a few things I need to make sure are resolved before that happens. I'll update more as I have more information to share. Thank you. Farewell and safe journeys.

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Vincent Takeda wrote:Things I've got on my character sheet include all of the mph/feet per second/feet per round and max carry/round of carry/fatigue calculations as you have. I've also included an infinite sided dice roller (ok not infinite, but open office tops out at rolling a D-quadrillion?), a table that recalculates changing weights based on height for characters that change size (works backwards and calculates height based on weights as well not that theres any game reason to be able to do that, just because it was easy to write), a custom 'repair costs' calculator, haggling calculator for both buyers and sellers, and a space travel time calculator, which are less important for character sheets per se but I like having them around as gm tools.

Greetings and Salutations. That sounds amazing. I could see that being a really useful G.M. tool.

Vincent Takeda wrote:Major credit to your spreadsheet coding skills. I expect I'll be able to use your example to pretty my stuff up significantly.

Thank you. And glad to help give you some ideas (even if only for cosmetic purposes). One tip someone did give me (and you won't see this in the Beta, but it will be incorporated into the upgraded version I'm working on) is to shade the cells that are locked to make it easier/more intuitive for other users. Once I found the right colors, I think it turned out nice. I mention this as it's primarily cosmetic, and if you're thinking about appearance changes for yours that might help. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Vincent Takeda
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: 44 years in denver, but now in grand rapids.

Unread post by Vincent Takeda »

I did indeed use cell shading to mask my computation cells for my height and weight calculator, so I'm familiar with the concept. Your sheet does give me some insight into how to use values from one tab on another tab which I find super helpful!
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

OK. I've moved all the characters I made on your original sheet over to the new version.
Here is my feedback so far (I'm still working on getting a nice printout as my printer is having issues).

Drop down menus for the WPs are cool. I didn't realize they were there for the first bit as I was just typing them in and tabbing to the next field.

The check boxes for attack types are really slick. The one thing I would add due to the variety of races is a crush and bite options. You might have to leave the damage blank so it can be filled in for various races.

The armour is great with the ability sections, as well as the encumbrance. I like the additional armour section underneath.

Weapons. This is my favourite part of the combat sheet. You can just have your normal HTH bonus and WP bonuses up top, and then add in any craftmanship or magical bonuses and it is all added to the character sheet. This is just awesome. I was putting black slashes between bonuses and colouring them differently to keep track of them in my word character sheets. This is so much easier.

I'm still loving the new sheets, just more now. :)
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Found a minor issue today while adding equipment. The value field (as well as the gold section) can not take 6 figures. One of the characters has an Ice Dagger of the Death Legion that is uncursed. That would put it worth the high end of 125K. But it comes up as an error in the field.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Whiskeyjack wrote:Found a minor issue today while adding equipment. The value field (as well as the gold section) can not take 6 figures. One of the characters has an Ice Dagger of the Death Legion that is uncursed. That would put it worth the high end of 125K. But it comes up as an error in the field.

Greetings and Salutations. Nice catch. Minor issue maybe, but one I'd very much like to correct. I'm at work right now, but will try to get this fixed later tonight. Thanks. Farewell and safe journeys.

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Whiskeyjack wrote:Found a minor issue today while adding equipment. The value field (as well as the gold section) can not take 6 figures. One of the characters has an Ice Dagger of the Death Legion that is uncursed. That would put it worth the high end of 125K. But it comes up as an error in the field.

Greetings and Salutations. Okay, so I spent some time working on the issue and this should no longer be a problem. The gold section is now considerably larger and can comfortably handle 10 digits and the Value tab can handle 6 comfortably. In either field, if you enter more numbers (so, for example, the value of an item is 1,000,000), the font size will now adjust to fit (basically, it will make the font size smaller so the whole number will display). I've uploaded a new version of the beta, and implemented these changes to the upgraded version (which I have yet to release).

Note: I also adjusted the mph to round only to a single decimal place. Personally, I found it annoying when 3 decimal places showed up. I finally figured out how to do this while keeping it aesthetically pleasing (at least to me). I also added in some color to help show fields that you don't touch as well as color to the Drop Down Lists.

Thanks for catching that. I am greatly appreciative. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

The shading should make it easier knowing where you need to fill in.
One other thing I've noticed, due to having multiple canines in our campaign, is that there is no Bite damage on the Unarmed Attacks. It's not a critical issue, as there are other places to squeeze it in, although there does appear to be room to add some more. Another thing that might be good in that section are 2-4 blank fields that you can fill in for yourself both for attack type and damage. That would leave room for claw attacks, Gosai pop kicks and other special/racial attacks.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Whiskeyjack wrote:The shading should make it easier knowing where you need to fill in.
One other thing I've noticed, due to having multiple canines in our campaign, is that there is no Bite damage on the Unarmed Attacks. It's not a critical issue, as there are other places to squeeze it in, although there does appear to be room to add some more. Another thing that might be good in that section are 2-4 blank fields that you can fill in for yourself both for attack type and damage. That would leave room for claw attacks, Gosai pop kicks and other special/racial attacks.

Greetings and Salutations. Hmm ... I'm not opposed to this idea, but I don't have much room on the page. The Character Sheet (in general) is set to print nicely onto a page*. The main Character Sheet is 2 pages (effectively a front and back), Magic & Psionics is 2 pages (effectively a front and back), and Combat Sheet is 1 page. The Skill Sheet and the Worktable are not as nicely set up as they're not meant for typical use). So, the Combat Sheet is fairly full at the moment. If I were to add more spaces, then I'd have to consider removing something else. I'm not opposed, but it's a delicate balance.

*Note: The print area is trickier than I'd personally like. Apparently it's setup a result of an individual's print drivers, so it varies from computer to computer. So I've been having trouble keeping the print area set when working on different computers (or others viewing).

Another consideration is that all the other unarmed attacks are programmed in. I seemed to have at least one incident when an entire area auto-fills that it can be jarring when another part is. I've been trying (especially since the upgrade) to keep everything in kind of a pattern (keeping auto-fill for a category or leaving blank). I'm not sure I've perfected the right balance on that one.

I can think of another issue or two, but those are usually solvable (they add complications, but I think I can solve those ones with some work). A simple workaround for special attacks would be to include them in the weapons section. However, I also understand why that might not be ideal either. If you can figure out a good way to add it into the current space (or enough information to fill up an entire second sheet), let me know. I'm not opposed to the concept, just not sure how much I can make it work at this time (keep in mind, last time you had a suggestion that created the Combat Sheet which has worked out well).

Anyways, that should cover most of it for now. Farewell and safe journeys.

Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

One option would be to drop the non damaging attacks (leg sweep etc) to allow for special attacks to be added in their place. Other than that, I can't think of a way to get everything to fit on a single page. It's a tricky balance that you've done amazing with.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Recent Changes
December 29, 2018

Greetings and Salutations. Still nothing I can post to the site at this time. I have finished troubleshooting on the upgraded PF Character Sheet. At this point, I'm still awaiting final approval from Palladium, but as this is holiday season and they're trying to release books that might take a little bit. Now that I have that finalized (barring last minute revisions), I decided to move onto my next project. So I've started work on the NPC Sheet and have made good some good progress. Using the upgraded Character Sheet as the template should make this much more versatile (than my older versions) when it's complete. Most of the work to include all the main book playable races (from Human to Wolfen, 15 races total) should be complete. The O.C.C. work will take a bit more time, primarily the skill selection. My intent is to include all the main book Men of Arms and Optional O.C.C., plus Warrior Monk (14+ O.C.C. options) and maybe one or more from other books (I'm thinking about the Optional O.C.C. from Nothern Hinterlands like Lumberjack and Blacksmith). Though keep in mind not all races will be able to select all O.C.C. due to racial restrictions. Due to the amount of work involved, I'm currently avoiding magic and psychic O.C.C., though options for characters with minor psionics (if the race has access to psionics) should be available.

Once complete, the goal is for the user to be able to change the skills for any of the O.C.C. and the sheet will auto-calculate the O.C.C. Related bonuses, know which skills can be selected by that O.C.C., and even add or deduct bonuses from Physical Skills. For the purposes of this sheet, all rolls are being considered average (e.g. 3.5 on a D6). I also have an idea in mind so the NPC will receive better crafted (Dwarven Craftsmanship) weapons and armor as they level up, as well as easy for you to change out their weapons and armor if you want something a little more customized. That's the most I can give you on an update for now. Farewell and safe journeys.

zyanitevp
Champion

Prysus wrote:
Recent Changes
December 29, 2018

Greetings and Salutations. Still nothing I can post to the site at this time. I have finished troubleshooting on the upgraded PF Character Sheet. At this point, I'm still awaiting final approval from Palladium, but as this is holiday season and they're trying to release books that might take a little bit. Now that I have that finalized (barring last minute revisions), I decided to move onto my next project. So I've started work on the NPC Sheet and have made good some good progress. Using the upgraded Character Sheet as the template should make this much more versatile (than my older versions) when it's complete. Most of the work to include all the main book playable races (from Human to Wolfen, 15 races total) should be complete. The O.C.C. work will take a bit more time, primarily the skill selection. My intent is to include all the main book Men of Arms and Optional O.C.C., plus Warrior Monk (14+ O.C.C. options) and maybe one or more from other books (I'm thinking about the Optional O.C.C. from Nothern Hinterlands like Lumberjack and Blacksmith). Though keep in mind not all races will be able to select all O.C.C. due to racial restrictions. Due to the amount of work involved, I'm currently avoiding magic and psychic O.C.C., though options for characters with minor psionics (if the race has access to psionics) should be available.

Once complete, the goal is for the user to be able to change the skills for any of the O.C.C. and the sheet will auto-calculate the O.C.C. Related bonuses, know which skills can be selected by that O.C.C., and even add or deduct bonuses from Physical Skills. For the purposes of this sheet, all rolls are being considered average (e.g. 3.5 on a D6). I also have an idea in mind so the NPC will receive better crafted (Dwarven Craftsmanship) weapons and armor as they level up, as well as easy for you to change out their weapons and armor if you want something a little more customized. That's the most I can give you on an update for now. Farewell and safe journeys.

Appreciate all your work!
My Twitter
Image Image
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Recent Changes
February 2, 2019
Greetings and Salutations. I finished my initial upgraded versions of the Character Sheet and NPC Sheet for Palladium Fantasy. I'm still waiting to hear back from Palladium, so I won't post more on that until I have final approval. In the meantime, I started working on some small projects to occupy my time. For now, that means adding the Relic Hunter O.C.C., a scholar type that specializes in digging up ancient artifacts and is mostly a conversion of the Legacy Scout (Rifts World Book 26: Dinosaur Swamp) to the Palladium Fantasy setting. I'm still tossing around a few ideas of what to do next, and in the meantime I'll try to do some small, light projects like the above. Farewell and safe journeys.

kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Are the relic hunters related to the master collectors in any way ?
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

kiralon wrote:Are the relic hunters related to the master collectors in any way ?

Greetings and Salutations. No real connection. Master Collectors are investigators who deal with stuff in the present. Relic Hunters are more the archeologist dealing with the past, such as looting an ancient catacomb or finding a holy artifact that's been lost for ages. Hope that helps answer your question. Farewell and safe journeys.

kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Yes thanks, im dm'ing a master collector who has Indiana jones tendencies
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

What are Relic Hunter,s special abilities?

I hope Trap detection with fine away to pass them.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

gaby wrote:What are Relic Hunter,s special abilities?

I hope Trap detection with fine away to pass them.

Greetings and Salutations. Detect Concealment & Traps is a skill. The skill includes a way to bypass them. This is an O.C.C. skill with a bonus for the Relic Hunter, but I wouldn't call it a special ability as anyone whonhas access to the skill and selects it has the same ability. Like many of the O.C.C. in the Palladium setting, they don't have any special abilities other than their bonuses and skills. Farewell and safe journeys.

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Prysus wrote:
Recent Changes
February 2, 2019
Greetings and Salutations. I finished my initial upgraded versions of the Character Sheet and NPC Sheet for Palladium Fantasy. I'm still waiting to hear back from Palladium, so I won't post more on that until I have final approval. In the meantime, I started working on some small projects to occupy my time. For now, that means adding the Relic Hunter O.C.C., a scholar type that specializes in digging up ancient artifacts and is mostly a conversion of the Legacy Scout (Rifts World Book 26: Dinosaur Swamp) to the Palladium Fantasy setting. I'm still tossing around a few ideas of what to do next, and in the meantime I'll try to do some small, light projects like the above. Farewell and safe journeys.

Love the character sheet. I already have one similar to this but it gave me some great ideas for refining my own so thanks.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

The palladium weekly says that an epic digital character sheet is coming, by any chance is that yours, as the timing is pretty suspicious.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

kiralon wrote:The palladium weekly says that an epic digital character sheet is coming, by any chance is that yours, as the timing is pretty suspicious.

Greetings and Salutations. I honestly cannot say (because I'm not 100% sure myself). However, I can say it's a possibility. By the description (such as specifically being for Palladium Fantasy), and previous correspondence, I'll say that the description sure sounds like it, and I am optimistic. If this is mine, I'll say it's NOT the version on my site (similar format/style), but the upgraded version with new features (that I haven't posted anywhere yet). Keep in mind though, Palladium does have other fans who come up with various projects, so it could be something unrelated. While I do have some extra information on what's been going on with my sheet, I wouldn't want to say more until I know for certain. I've figured they've been busy with Rifts Bestiary, and been waiting patiently myself. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Well, here's hoping !
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

kiralon wrote:Well, here's hoping !

Greetings and Salutations. Palladium posted this today ...

Palladium Books® - Sale Final Days - News and Fun - March 11, 2019 wrote:- Coming soon! Online, digital Palladium Character Sheet – This is a fast, fun, easy way to keep your characters’ stats filled in and up to date. It should be available sometime over the next few weeks and is awesome. Created by Prysus.

This was posted along with sales information as well as a YouTube interview with Kevin. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

That's awesome! You did great work on the sheet. Glad to see it get official status.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Prysus wrote:

Palladium Books® - Sale Final Days - News and Fun - March 11, 2019 wrote:- Coming soon! Online, digital Palladium Character Sheet – This is a fast, fun, easy way to keep your characters’ stats filled in and up to date. It should be available sometime over the next few weeks and is awesome. Created by Prysus.

This was posted along with sales information as well as a YouTube interview with Kevin. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Well done Sir, good to see quality work published.
zyanitevp
Champion

Prysus wrote:

Any update as to when?
My Twitter
Image Image
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

zyanitevp wrote:Any update as to when?

Greetings and Salutations. I believe 3 updates ago they said in a few weeks. If we used PB game mechanics, I'd say that means 3-6 as translated from certain abilities. That would place between now akd 3 weeks from now.

Of course, that would mean they're using the term "few" with the intent of it meaning the same as it would in game terms.

This is from the most recent update ...

We are still working on the Digital Palladium Fantasy RPG® Character Sheets. Will let you know when they go live.

I'll say as far as I'm aware my end is complete (for the character sheet). I believe at this point is technical stuff with the site, legalities, and/or something else. However, I am guessing.

Hopefully that provides some insights, even if not as much information as some may have liked. Thank you your interest. Farewell and safe journeys.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”