My current project.

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

My current project.

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Greetings All,

My current, though rather neglected, project is shaping up a bit. Anyway, this is the idea. A blend of Palladium, Birthright, and Pendragon setting...50 individual realms/kingdoms, each with at least 2 cities and other holdings, problems of their own to be solved, as well as mysteries, quests, for the king/queen and common man alike. For those who are interested in a political game which are much more than just concurring lands and squabbles between nobles. There are quite a lot of quests and the like for the Kings, Queens, Princes, Viceroy, etc. However, you can play anything you wish to play. And you do not have to play a royal, noble, or anything associated with them if you so choose to.

My idea for this started when I was given 5 items to build a world around from my 7 players at the end of a campaign. 5 crowns, 5 keys, 7 laurel trees, 13 skulls, and 50 kingdoms. Blue diamond, a pare of gauntlets, a head band, helmet, armbands. Legbands, armor, cloak, an amulet, a sword. A shield, 10 rings, etc. (Hey, I am not going to tell you everything that I'm putting in my games.)

I am not going to talk about the crowns, keys, trees, or skulls. But I will say that I am putting in the game a blue star diamond which has a nexus inside of it. The gauntlets of power (bestows 2,500 PPE) and mind (bestows 2500 ISP...BOTH CAN BE RECHARGED but ONLY at a super nexus...And there is only one known super nexus in one of the most dangerous place on the map (in center of the spider demon's kingdom) The headband/crown of knowledge: which holds every spell known and those yet uncovered. The helmet of psionics (or whatever you want to call it) which bestows every psychic ability. The armbands of strength (PS: +20) and will (Willpower: +10). The leg bands of speed (Spd +20) and balance (Bal: +10). The armor of invulnerability (Has AR of 22 and 500 SDC, regenerates damage 10 SDC every minute, and it will ignores normal weapon damage.). The cloak of invincibility (has all of the same abilities of the armor, plus it is immune to all fire, heat, cold, and acid). The amulet of health which keeps the wearer perfectly healthy, restores 10 SDC/HP of damage, bestows on to the wearer the power to heal others with just a touch, and keeps the wearer as young as the day they put it on.) The sword of "justice"...also called sword of revenge, sword of truth (Depending on who has it). The shield of protection that will never take any damage. 10 rings of Summoning : the 4 Rings of elemental control: 1 greater, 4 lesser, or 8 sub elementals can be summoned and controlled without fail. Ring of demon control: 1 greater, 4 lesser, or 8 sub demons can be summoned and controlled without fail. The ring of angle/spirit of light summoning: 1 greater, 4 lesser, or 8 sub angels/spirits of light can be summoned, however, if you want to try to control them ROLL! Ring of deevil summoning: 1 greater or 4 lesser, deevils can be summoned successfully, however, if you want to try to control them ROLL! Ring of undead summoning: 1 greater, 4 lesser, or 8 sub undead can be summoned, however, if you want to try to control them ROLL! Ring of animate & control dead: Works exactly like the Summoner's circle. And the ring of warrior horde (I, for some odd reason, had wrote "whores"...HA! Hummm...maybe in the future): Same as the Rifts spell only substitute SDC for MDC.

Please give me feedback.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Cinos
Hero

Re: My current project.

Unread post by Cinos »

You spend a lot of time talking about the shiny stuff in terms of gearing, but not at all about the kingdoms which in theory are the foundation of your idea, or the implications for the characters who would get these items beyond what they would do for them. Fill those in and I'd give you a response as to what I think of them. So far it's a jumble of inferm gear ideas.
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

WOE, DUDE!!! Excellent! And yeah, I am back in the Tri-Cities until my ex wife signs custody over on Friday, then I'll be back in CA with my boys.

By the way, he tends to ramble. Best to ask direct questions like: Which monetary system will it have? The bars from BR's, the PF's, or what? But if he is not done with it, or hasn't yet revealed to the other GM's or players, he will not give that bit of information out. And he is not going to tell you guys everything. Some things will remain a secret.
pblackcrow
Champion

I will control the "monster realms". They will control their own kingdom and those of them that have pledged fealty to them. There is a mountainous region dead center of the map ruled by the gromeks called Alvolcia, a vampyric realm ruled by vampire nobles call Necron, an chain of islands in one kingdom ruled by were-creatures, each isle has its own 2-5 tribes called Lycanthros, A mysterious kingdom underground (No one but me knows about what or who is there), The before mentioned kingdom of the spider demon called Spidaira, etc. But the biggest challenge are the Gromeks...You can very easily figure out why! What else do you what to know, Cinos? Could you please be more specific? It like birthright, none of the PC's kingdoms are exactly the same. It is meant to be a game of kings and queens, but you do not have to be one, or even be associated to them to play in it. The name of the world is Zenthia. I haven't got the maps yet.

I am going to use the Great Net Equipment List, if that was actually a question and not just a statement.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

pblackcrow wrote:What else do you what to know, Cinos? Could you please be more specific? It like birthright, none of the PC's kingdoms are exactly the same. It is meant to be a game of kings and queens, but you do not have to be one, or even be associated to them to play in it. The name of the world is Zenthia. I haven't got the maps yet.

You talk a huge amount (The bulk of your post) about items, but not what those items are beyond their mechanical function in the game, not the important roleplaying elements, such as who owns them, what position do they place in these nations? Are they signs of regency? Relics of forgotten kings and queens? Icons of the temples of the realm? Lost to the ages?

In similar fashion, you talk about adventures for both king and commoner, without talking at all about the quests, nor about those kings or commoners. The political ideals of the regions have pretty big impacts on the world, as well as their sense of 'nobility' if you will (how they define justice). Are you leaving these up to the players in it, and having them operate in a vacuum? Are you planning in informing those playing in this world what these kingdoms are and represent?

If I wanted to bring someone into a game, I wouldn't start by telling them that there's a crown that holds all spells. I'd talk about a crown that was forged by the god of crafts and metalworking and blessed by the words and runes of the god of magic, given to a king foretold to rule, before it was stolen by a cult. The rules don't matter that much, it does stuff that's powerful, but that's not what gets most people excited to play in a world. Over focusing on the rules like that can undermine what an RPG, particularly a table top RPG, is at its heart when it's not supported by those environmental details.
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

This almost shouts out to use the random adventure generator.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147124
pblackcrow
Champion

That is just some of the quest items to be found by questing. They have stories behind them, I didn't feel like including them for people who will just change them around to fit there own setting. Sorry, this is just how I am.

The PCs come up with their own history for their kingdom, how they or their family came into power, a list of enemies and why, etc. They were collaborating on it, and working in a lot of details at the last building season. Then I am building the games around that history. The other GM's are in charge macromanaging of the others "non monster realms". I am doing the "monster realm".
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”