Investment charts...

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Investment charts...

Unread post by pblackcrow »

I want to do some investment/sponsorship quick roll charts...And I was wondering what all things do player characters your fantasy games invest in?
Ankh, udja, seneb.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Investment charts...

Unread post by The Beast »

I tell my players this.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I have a system that I worked up for Hackmaster that I use.

Here.

The short version is that you roll 2d8*10%, and that's your return on investment; it averages to about 90%, meaning that if you don't put any effort into getting a good investment, in the long run, you'll lose money.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Mark Hall wrote:I have a system that I worked up for Hackmaster that I use.

Here.

The short version is that you roll 2d8*10%, and that's your return on investment; it averages to about 90%, meaning that if you don't put any effort into getting a good investment, in the long run, you'll lose money.

Nice, but it does not help with determining what all there is to invest in.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

My pc's usually invest in
Inns
Brewery's
Wineries
Mines
Underwrite ship/land Expeditions to get rare items/components
Artists Patron
But buying an Inn and setting up a manager is by way and far the most common, that and buying land.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

pblackcrow wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:I have a system that I worked up for Hackmaster that I use.

Here.

Nice, but it does not help with determining what all there is to invest in.

Caravans. Ships. Businesses. Depends on where they are.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Dark
Wanderer

Unread post by Dark »

Whatever they want, and convince people to let them do. Just remember in a medieval setting it isn't always as simple as showing up with a bunch of money to invest. They may need a charter from the local lord or guild. Or if they do so without that, they may make a new set of enemies in said lord or guild.

Also, pretty inherently, the larger their fortunes and investments become... the more local attention and concern they will attract.

But as for investments themselves... the possibilities are pretty wide open? Whatever someone expresses an interest in, to me, is worth pursuing to some extent for that reason alone. If they want to buy out the silken belly-dancer's guild and corner the market with fringe benefits... hey, at least they are active and doing something in the game.
V/R,

Dark

Adventure is someone else in deep ****, far far away.
If you want to learn something new, read an old book.
Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.
My Keiretsu is bigger than yours.
URLeader Hobbes
Explorer

Unread post by URLeader Hobbes »

Don't invest in any of those normal pesky standard businesses. You are gonna spend half the time being worked over by your GM on mundane things and get wrapped up in the boring day to day running of the businesses instead of adventuring.

If you do go adventuring you will come back to find something has gone wrong at your tavern, inn or whatever you dumped money into. So you are gonna just end up being bleed for gold due to every miserable misfortune that comes your way..

If you wanna invest in something that will pay off and keep you adventuring without worrying about any of that pesky overhead then get into criminal enterprises.

I'm serious..

Brothels, assassin and thieves guilds are the way to go. Oh and don't worry about that whole no honor among thieves thing. You know going in that something bad will happen sooner or later so you can totally prep for it and keep one step ahead of the GM.

Even if you get ousted from the guilds you can always get payback on them by collecting the rewards on the bounties they will surly have racked up over time. Just sell those treacherous dogs out to the local lord/magistrate and HUZZAH!!!

It's the enterprise that is so nice you can profit twice!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”