Moon, Stars and Planets of the Palladium World

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

R.L.
D-Bee

Moon, Stars and Planets of the Palladium World

Unread post by R.L. »

Fellow players and gamemasters,

Is there any official material or references to the number of moons that the world of Palladium has? Some indication can be found from the artwork of the various books that there is only a single moon (for example, Baalgor Wastelands, page 99 and the fact that there is only one Mystic Symbol representing the Full Moon) but it would be great to have official information on the matter.

Additionally, is there information on the stars and constellations? Apparently at least Rifter #50 contains information about the Star Mage O.C.C. Could anyone who has access to this article tell if it includes information or names of the stars as well? This would be the perfect reason for me to purchase the anniversary issue.

As for other planets it is mentioned in Library of Bletherad, page 42 that there are supposed to be seven or eight other worlds in the system. Is there any more information available on this matter?

Thank you for your time,

R.L.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Re: Moon, Stars and Planets of the Palladium World

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Zodiac Mage, I think Rifter 50, refers to some of this as well.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Soldier of Od
Hero

Re: Moon, Stars and Planets of the Palladium World

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

There are a few references dotted about to 'the moon' (for instance under werebeasts, Aco etc.) which I take to mean there is only one as it says 'the'.

There is a Rifter article about astronomy on Palladium in Rifter 23 which I use by default as there seems to be nothing else contradicting it in the official books. There are seven other planets according to that article, but it only names six.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”