Eye of Ra

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Neferkem
D-Bee

Eye of Ra

Unread post by Neferkem »

Below is my idea for a holy item to be wielded by a Paladin as a means to aid him in his quest to rid the Isle of Set of the demons and the evil abides there. (Actually I came up with this as means to aid the character in question because I made the challenge to tough for the character/player. I would like to see what all of you thought of my idea. )

Eye of Ra
Large Shield (100 sdc)
On the facing of the shield is Eye of Ra, and no matter how much damage the shield takes the facing where the Eye of Ra remains undamaged.
Powers
Sense Evil
Blinding Flash (x3 days)
Expel Deevils, Demons, and Entities
--- 1-80% Lesser Demons/Deevils
--- 1-44% Greater Demons/Deevils
Regenerate SDC
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Eye of Ra

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Not a horrible looking item; I assume you mean Blinding Flash 3 times a day? How quickly does the shield SDC regenerate? In fact, given how shields work in PF, how does damage to the shield work?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Neferkem
D-Bee

Unread post by Neferkem »

Yes the blinding flash is supposed to be three times a day(x3 day). I blame the typo on my big fingers' getting all knotted up. The shield regenerates SDC as per the rules found in the Western Empire book under Regenerating Armor found on page 158. Shields per the rules found on page 60 under WP Shield in the main rule book have an SDC rating, which to me means that every time you parry with a shield successfully that the shield takes damage instead of the character. Eventually over time it means you need to replace the shield due to wear, and this is especially true when facing supernaturally strong opponents.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Neferkem wrote:Yes the blinding flash is supposed to be three times a day(x3 day). I blame the typo on my big fingers' getting all knotted up. The shield regenerates SDC as per the rules found in the Western Empire book under Regenerating Armor found on page 158. Shields per the rules found on page 60 under WP Shield in the main rule book have an SDC rating, which to me means that every time you parry with a shield successfully that the shield takes damage instead of the character. Eventually over time it means you need to replace the shield due to wear, and this is especially true when facing supernaturally strong opponents.

Well with the amount of sdc a shield has they can often not survive a fight. (small wood shield about 30 to a large iron shield having 130)
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Just my two coppers here....
I have often thrown in magical shields in my game. I allow them to buy the 'indestructible' feature from weapons. This has not really been an issue (Even with our use of the "shields as cover" theory). I have also allowed it on armor, with a caveat. The armor itself is indestructible...but it can get 'tattered' (lose its SDC) to the point it wont provide protection until repaired (magically, or regenerated).
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”