Undead Hunters

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Undead Hunters

Unread post by Library Ogre »

So, do you think Vald-Tegor has groups of Undead Hunters (the OCC) who function in his name?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Undead Hunters

Unread post by eliakon »

Mark Hall wrote:So, do you think Vald-Tegor has groups of Undead Hunters (the OCC) who function in his name?

Probably. Since he is said to vigorously guard Palladium from other vampires I can see his church having a shadowy inquisition that investigates reports of vampiric activity to confirm that its 'sanctioned'. Unsanctioned vampires would be publicly hunted and destroyed by their vampire slayers....reinforcing the 'good guy who protects you from vampires' racket that he has going. (I just can't help but hear Vlad-Tregor speak in an Italian accent, not Transylvanian...."I have a miracle you can't refuse")
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

I wouldn't say that they would function in his name, but he would certainly know a guy who knows a guy.
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

Ask yourself what is an Undead Hunter? Basically a hybrid class that is trained in both martial combat and wizardry. They don't get their powers from a divine or some other source. So what makes up an Undead Hunter is all training, knowledge and equipment.

Vald-Tegor has the resources to supply the equipment and the knowledge to pass on. So basically if Vald-Tegor wanted to sponsor and create a Undead Hunter academy that he could control, I am sure there are the right type of people that would be recruited and serve him as his pawns.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Hes a fairly clever guy, I just assumed he would manipulate some people to do it for him.
MrDisturbed
D-Bee

Unread post by MrDisturbed »

Haha the head of the dragon hunters is in fact a dragon... Why not have the patron deity of vampirism be the leader of the undead hunters..

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”