Who is doing the art for the new Bizantium book?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ghost2020
Adventurer

Who is doing the art for the new Bizantium book?

Unread post by ghost2020 »

Looking forward to more Palladium Fantasy, and just curious as to who and or whom is doing the art?

Looks like Walton is doing some (woot!), hopefully Amy Ashbaugh too. Can we keep Nick Bradshaw to just the Dead Reign line? It's good art, for the style of Dead Reign, but I don't feel it fits well with Palladium Fantasy or even RIFTS to a lesser degree.

Other than that...YAAAYYYY for more Palladium Fantasy books!
Lukterran
Adventurer

Re: Who is doing the art for the new Bizantium book?

Unread post by Lukterran »

I miss Kevin Long. His art was the best!

Johnson and Waltons are reliable and provide a good quality piece of art and they will do a good job.

Ashbaugh is ok. Some of her work is hit or miss for me. I feel the same about Mike Mumah. Some of his work is great. The other stuff is crap.

Nick Bradshaw does great superhero type stuff. However, most of his work is "too busy" for me. Less is more Nick! Same goes for Perez, the images are too busy most of the time.

John Zeleznik is good but I don't think I have seen a black and white from him.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I can tell you one of the artist is a guy Kevin hired at GenCon after looking at his professional looking portfolio. He does
amazing detail, like you can see the individual links in the chainmale armor that he draws on his characters. Most of his
drawings were of dwarves, barbarians, and horses. I also know Chuck did the awesome cover. Other than that at point your
guess is as good as mine. Can't wait to see. Looking forward to seeing the monsters and animals :D .
ALAshbaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: COWER, BRIEF MORTALS!!!

Unread post by ALAshbaugh »

Hi guys,
Just dropping in to say that yes, I do have work in the upcoming Bizantium book! It's only three small pieces this time around, but I was happy to work on the Fantasy line again :)
"You can make believe that what you say is what I want to hear."
-The Birthday Massacre

http://www.alashbaugh.com
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Well that's good news to me. I've liked all your stuff I've seen thus far.
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

ALAshbaugh wrote:Hi guys,
Just dropping in to say that yes, I do have work in the upcoming Bizantium book! It's only three small pieces this time around, but I was happy to work on the Fantasy line again :)

Cool to know that your art appears in the book. Cant' wait to see the product.
Justthis Guy
Explorer

Unread post by Justthis Guy »

ill just be happy to see the book in print. I have grown a beard waiting for it since it was announced . . . . .
As Inyago Montoya said . . " I hate waiting . ."
The answer to Life the Universe and Everything is 42!!! but just what is the question? hmm . .
Reagren Wright

I'm just glad its inspiring more and more ideas for Palladium fantasy.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

I hear the manuscript had an awesome map in it, and I really hope to see it in the book (I'm not the cartographer).

I've sent a map in for this book. We'll see if it makes the cut.
Last edited by Hotrod on Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
URLeader Hobbes
Explorer

Unread post by URLeader Hobbes »

I think Palladium should pioneer the field of opening it up to more recognizable styles of art instead of just the usual comic book esque works.

How great would it be to see the core books reissued with art done in the style of MC Escher or Pablo Picaso? :)
Reagren Wright

Just got the Bizantium cover art as my free gift for my renewed Rifter Subscription. Looks awesome! I'm curious to know
what is the mysterious energy whip held my the red head elf chick. Her sword is a rune blade (you can see the runes of the
blade). Elf riding a polar bear mount, very cool. Unfortunately they are about to be viciously slaughtered (among other things)
by the Iceborne and have their organs, bones, and other parts used for the continually functioning of the tribe. Yes that is a
dead sea serpent they use as their floating home. Oh yeah Palladium Fantasy fans will learn to fear them :D .
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Reagren Wright wrote:Just got the Bizantium cover art as my free gift for my renewed Rifter Subscription. Looks awesome! I'm curious to know
what is the mysterious energy whip held my the red head elf chick. Her sword is a rune blade (you can see the runes of the
blade). Elf riding a polar bear mount, very cool. Unfortunately they are about to be viciously slaughtered (among other things)
by the Iceborne and have their organs, bones, and other parts used for the continually functioning of the tribe. Yes that is a
dead sea serpent they use as their floating home. Oh yeah Palladium Fantasy fans will learn to fear them :D .

Great cover, deserved gift - looking forward to a long awaited PFRPG book!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

URLeader Hobbes wrote:How great would it be to see the core books reissued with art done in the style of MC Escher or Pablo Picaso? :)

With all due respect sir, I'll take Ashbaugh and Walton over Picaso any day of week. And you can quote me. :bandit:

The best use of classic art style I've seen in an RPG, has been in Hackmaster. Hackmaster's use of the classic art, and classic style is extremely good, and fitting. For PFRPG, I prefer the usual Palladium artist (Mumah, Walton, Ashbaugh, and the Guy that did most of Western Empire. Kevin's stuff adds to the feel of the Main Book too). If I was going to bring in new artist or art style, I'd go with Larry Elmore or Frank Frazetta. Or something Norman Rockwellesque. Heck, 'Madman' Mike's colour stuff has been getting really good too. To each their own. I just know what I like, and what I don't.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Disregard my previous post. I just sent in a map for this book (greyscale interior). Here's hoping it makes the cut!
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Good luck, if the big map you are doing is any indication you should have a good chance.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

kiralon wrote:Good luck, if the big map you are doing is any indication you should have a good chance.

I sure hope so! Even though the vector map isn't finished yet, the part that I was mapping was finished. Being able to quickly export both the vector map and some superimposed, related published source maps was a huge help.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

Well, for what it'scworth, the Ashbaugh pieces I've seen look great, IMO.
And yeah, I've got a few pages worth of drawings submitted as well.
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Hotrod wrote:
kiralon wrote:Good luck, if the big map you are doing is any indication you should have a good chance.

I sure hope so! Even though the vector map isn't finished yet, the part that I was mapping was finished. Being able to quickly export both the vector map and some superimposed, related published source maps was a huge help.

Congrats!!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Reagren Wright

Hotrod wrote:

Yes the one map looks awesome :D.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”