Bio-Wizard O.C.C.

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Soldier of Od
Hero

Bio-Wizard O.C.C.

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Hi All,

According to the Baalgor Wastelands book, the “mad Dwarven Bio-wizard, Gazhur Drodd, created the circle of absolute elemental power that would obliterate the Golden City of Baalgor”. I understand that bio-wizardy is used in the creation of rune weapons, and there are lots of bio-wizard devices in the Rifts: Atlantis book, which seem to be mostly adding abilites to people using parasites and symbiotes, but it don't know if there is actually a 'Bio-wizard O.C.C.' anywhere. I am curious to see what a bio-wizard's skills, spell knowledge and other abilities would be. Does any one know where I can find such a thing? If not in Palladium Fantasy, then Rifts books are fine thanks.

Thanks for your help.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Lukterran
Adventurer

Re: Bio-Wizard O.C.C.

Unread post by Lukterran »

There are a number of lost magics and class types that haven't been created for Players to play in Palladium. They are usually just listed to describe a special NPC or used in history and legend. For example Thoth is a Rune Master and Alchemist, both classes aren't available to Player Characters.

However, some of these OCCs get created in later books. Like the Necromancer was not an original OCC. Omicron from 1st edition Adventures in the Northern Wilderness was described as a Necromancer but was actually a wizard/summoner for his OCC since the Necromancer OCC didn't exist at that time.

Some other specialized classes:
Wild Thing - Yin-Sloth
Celestial Mathematician - Kormath

BTW - Other interesting Epim is a "Rune Mage" and Belimar is a "Rune Smith". Kym-nark-mar is also a "Rune Mage" I would have assumed that Rune Master/Mage/Smith are all 1 class but perhaps they aren't just some food for thought.
Soldier of Od
Hero

Thanks for the reply, Lukterran. Yeah, I realise that some NPC O.C.C.s are just mentioned and never expanded upon, but I was hoping that because Bio-Wizardry has been expanded on in some detail in other books and game lines that there might be an actual O.C.C. written out somewhere in this case. Thanks.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Sorry to disappoint, but the Bio-Wizard is on par with the Alchemist, and thus does not get a fleshed out O.C.C.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Soldier of Od
Hero

MADMANMIKE wrote:Sorry to disappoint, but the Bio-Wizard is on par with the Alchemist, and thus does not get a fleshed out O.C.C.

Okay, thanks, Mike.
Rifter Contributor:
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

You could say the same of Rune Smiths, yet it's an optional OCC available to Anvil Dwarves :)
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Tor wrote:You could say the same of Rune Smiths, yet it's an optional OCC available to Anvil Dwarves :)

And that is a Rifts CC and we all know the power creep there makes even rune weapons 'toothpicks' compared to the everything else.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Tor wrote:You could say the same of Rune Smiths, yet it's an optional OCC available to Anvil Dwarves :)

And even there its not really 'fleshed out' Its available yeah...but you don't get the rules for making rune weapons, or how rune forges work, or anything else....more or less just the ability to read runes and a pair of rune weapons (and any thing the GM agrees you can do of course...but that goes for every class and character so that's not saying much).....
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

And that is a Rifts CC and we all know the power creep there makes even rune weapons 'toothpicks' compared to the everything else.

I'm pretty sure a Diabolist is still more powerful and useful than a Bio-Wizard or Rune-Smith =/
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”