What are somethings you should do before you enter a city?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

What are somethings you should do before you enter a city?

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

What are somethings you should do before you enter a city? I want to see if anyone catches on to what I'm getting at.

And no helping Shannon! I know you know what I am talking about.
URLeader Hobbes
Explorer

Re: What are somethings you should do before you enter a cit

Unread post by URLeader Hobbes »

If your character is covered in blood and gore from slaughtering foes than cleaning up might be a good idea.

Also dividing up the loot or at the least coming up with a solid plan as to how it will be divided once anything that needs to be sold off in town is done.

Be prepared to check your weapons at the gate if that is the local law. (Or sneak one or two in.)

Hide anything that may lead to trouble in the town. For example if you worship Set and are going into a town where Isis is the main diet it not really a good idea to walk around advertising your support for her husbands killer.

That's all I got off the top of my head..
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Try and find out about local laws and prejudices before getting there. Is magic allowed? Are dwarves hated?
Also find out about taxes.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

zyanitevp wrote:Try and find out about local laws and prejudices before getting there. Is magic allowed? Are dwarves hated?

+1
Taxes are an important, as often places will place a tax value of %10 cost of goods incoming or say 50 gold, whichever is lesser (for the less greedy places) so coming into town with a million gold in magic items can be costly in places.

Make sure your race is accepted
Don't come at the head of an army (makes em nervous)
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Before entering a city, i make sure the banners of all my forces are properly displayed, that my supply trains are well guarded and that the enemy army is well far afielld and cannot interfere with the imminent sacking.

But most importantly, even if the gate is unlocked, i still bash it down. I'm didn't come here to hold it, just plunder it.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

zyanitevp wrote:Try and find out about local laws and prejudices before getting there. Is magic allowed? Are dwarves hated?

Bingo...You win 50 geek points.

Find out about laws and any prejudices before getting there from locals and travelers.

I would have given you extra if you had added local customs (Slapping the right cheek of the face is a wedding proposal, picking up a knife is excepting a duel, and so on.) and/or shops to visit and places to be avoid if you're running a racially divided party.

But well done.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Pffft, you should have specified "when not as a conquering army" :P
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

Alrik Vas wrote:Pffft, you should have specified "when not as a conquering army" :P

I agree.

I tend to raise up my army of dead, undead and demons prior to entering a city. However, I play a Summoner/Necromancer so it depends on you character type and alignment how you look at the question.
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

Check to see if any of your Ex's have moved there? :?
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Nuke it from orbit.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

its the only way to be sure
Thom001
Explorer

Unread post by Thom001 »

Well we always sent a recon spy ahead to infiltrate and gather intelligence on whether or not it was a town that we could enter without being attacked. But to be fair most of our group is usually some kind of d-bee, magic user, or enemy of the cs on rifts. We um, haven't played a game in palladium fantasy yet......

Also there was this one time we all died after we entered a town entirely run by vampires for vampires. After that we got more cautious..

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”