4 gm's did an awesome job!

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

4 gm's did an awesome job!

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

Hey Guys,

This is my first post, and it is to totally praise the work of the genius behind a game I played in. In fact, we are still playing in. Shannon (or PBlackCrow, as you know him), you are a freaking genius!

Everything from the character sheets you did, to the 4 level dungeon you designed, to the help I hear you gave the other 3 GMs to put together their parts, to the freaking details on the Hirst Arts stuff you did, to the spell cards you did up for this game for the new players like my cousin, to the miniatures you got, to the notes on the NPCs you did, ETC!!! WELL DONE!!! Palladium Books should hire you!

I have role played before, but never like this!!! So far, the game has felt very real for me and my cousin!

Brakes over.
pblackcrow
Champion

Re: 4 gm's did an awesome job!

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Thanks Shawn.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

always good to hear people enjoying themselves, generally better if they do a write up of what happened.
wink wink nudge nudge
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

A 4 day, 3 night miniature game/camp out at our place. INCLUDING the town of Bryant and the forest road to the Mad Alchemist's cave/dungeon. We worked for like 2.5 months on this. I will wait til Shawn gets back and let him tell you guys what happened. I wasn't here for the whole thing.

And on the details, I simply made some suggestions on the colors and how to do the lighting for the globes of day light in the dungeons. As well as some suggestions on the traps and some of the sound effects.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Okay...Here is the basic breakdown of the levels...

The first level required agility and cunning to get past the traps and stuff. And of course some were magic traps. By the way the 15 double bodied skeletons archers (whose could rotated at the spines which they some how shared the lumbar region) was a neat. While one was reloading the other one fired. And

The 2nd level...There was nothing that was as it seamed. Rats that breathed fire, mimics were all over, zombie dwarfs in armor which we stupidly thought were not zombies (Well it's hard to tell by the smell of dwarfs what smells are natural and what aren't) so we let them out of their cells.

The next level was Shannon's level...the challenges were all mental challenges and things. I both loved and hated the puzzle boxes though...You only had like 5 or 6 chances to line up 4 pegs in the correct order. Mind you, he would tell you when you were ready if that you have x amount right. If we didn't, they went boom! The thing that stood out with his level was all of the hidden stuff. And I'm sure we didn't come anywhere close to finding everything! Even the monsters were a riddle to defeat.

On the last level, I really must say, when we went into that level we all were not thinking "We are on the final level of a insane genius alchemist...stay together and expect the unexpected!" like we should have been. I barely made it out alive, my cousin's character didn't, nor did 10 others. And if it hadn't been for the titan's ability to open a dimensional gate, I have no doubt that everyone would be dead! That is our own fault! We should not have wondered off! We should have all stayed together! The fact that 3 of us survived the 3rd challenge, and we could have won it had some of us not had been distracted with getting the coinage in the other room and been there to help us fight instead of bagging up as much as they could only to get killed by the golems that closed the doors on them.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Sounds like it was good fun.
lol, the old goblin dragging a sack of gold down the corridor trap.
We call the people who wander off by themselves the trapfinders, as they leave bloody smears (usually) where there are traps. We tend to encourage them to have a few backup characters for when they die.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

kiralon wrote:Sounds like it was good fun.
lol, the old goblin dragging a sack of gold down the corridor trap.
We call the people who wander off by themselves the trapfinders, as they leave bloody smears (usually) where there are traps. We tend to encourage them to have a few backup characters for when they die.

Thing of it is, we all had back ups. Though, we had to call it quits on the 4th day. We were sorta given 1 day per level. We delayed a bit when the mimic ate the guy with the backpack with the food, so we had to go back to town and restock and meet up with the his backup, so we had to do a quicker then I wanted and regrettably give up on a few ciphers because they were taking too long to decode. But we all had fun. I would love to see everything Shannon had set up for his level though. I know, we are going to run again over fall brake.

We've learned to never request a really challenging dungeon crawl and to always poke a chest, chair, book, doorway or carpet coming from said doorway, desk, bed, keg/barrel, etc to make sure it isn't a mimic.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Sounds like an awesome time!!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

I agree.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

It was...They truly did an amazing job with the Hirst Arts dungeon.

It just amazes me how much Shannon knows. I am not being a judgmental a-hole. I don't care if he can't speak, can't always control his mouth, has full use of his hands or not. The man is a flipping genius! I mean, come on...Have any of you seen the character sheets he did, the GM shield he has developed, the cards for spells and psionics, etc?

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”