10 Questions for Interested Gamers and GMs.

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

URLeader Hobbes
Explorer

10 Questions for Interested Gamers and GMs.

Unread post by URLeader Hobbes »

OK so I wanted to do a seperate thread so we can start to actually pound this out and leave the Other thread for some conjecture, speculating and what not. Please answer the following 10 Questions.

1) What should the official name of the society be? (Palladium Fantasy Society, Cabal of the PFRPG.)??? Please post suggestions.

2) Should we have this take place on the PFRPG world or should we generate a "new realm" for players, and GMs to adventure in?

3) Should this be 100% strictly fantasy or should we allow crossovers? If we allow crossovers what if any limitations should be imposed?

4) Should we collectively agree on a common set of "House Rules" or should we allow each group to run it's sessions as they currently do?

5) Are there characters/races/classes/etc that should be considered banned or should that again be left up to the individual GMs?

6) How frequently do people want to see new adventures? (Monthly, every week, every 15 minutes, etc.)

7) Should we make the adventures available to just GMs via e-mail or should we just post them and hope players respect the honor system and not cheat by reading the adventure before it's played?

8) Should the results from each group be posted publicly here on the forums or should just the overall end result just be posted. (IE List the name and accomplishments of each group so people can discuss what happened or after every group sends in the results of the game just post "By a result of 6 to 5 ___________ was accomplished and ___________ was defeated."

9) How many people / groups wish to get involved? Has anyone discussed this with the gaming groups they are a part of?

10) Does anyone have any suggestions for a separate site where we can manage all of this or should we do as much as possible here on the message boards?

Thanks in advance for your replies!!!
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Re: 10 Questions for Interested Gamers and GMs.

Unread post by zyanitevp »

URLeader Hobbes wrote:OK so I wanted to do a seperate thread so we can start to actually pound this out and leave the Other thread for some conjecture, speculating and what not. Please answer the following 10 Questions.

1) What should the official name of the society be? (Palladium Fantasy Society, Cabal of the PFRPG.)??? Please post suggestions.
League or Alliance- under no circumstances Cabal
2) Should we have this take place on the PFRPG world or should we generate a "new realm" for players, and GMs to adventure in?
On the PF world
3) Should this be 100% strictly fantasy or should we allow crossovers? If we allow crossovers what if any limitations should be imposed?
No crossovers
4) Should we collectively agree on a common set of "House Rules" or should we allow each group to run it's sessions as they currently do?
Common set of rules
5) Are there characters/races/classes/etc that should be considered banned or should that again be left up to the individual GMs?
Only official material.
6) How frequently do people want to see new adventures? (Monthly, every week, every 15 minutes, etc.)
Monthly at max- perhaps quarterly
7) Should we make the adventures available to just GMs via e-mail or should we just post them and hope players respect the honor system and not cheat by reading the adventure before it's played?
Email
8) Should the results from each group be posted publicly here on the forums or should just the overall end result just be posted. (IE List the name and accomplishments of each group so people can discuss what happened or after every group sends in the results of the game just post "By a result of 6 to 5 ___________ was accomplished and ___________ was defeated."
Posted publicly
9) How many people / groups wish to get involved? Has anyone discussed this with the gaming groups they are a part of?
I have discussed it tentatively, and think it will be 4-6 players.
10) Does anyone have any suggestions for a separate site where we can manage all of this or should we do as much as possible here on the message boards?
Obsidian Portal or Realm Works

Thanks in advance for your replies!!!
Last edited by zyanitevp on Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

1) Palladium Fantasy Gamers Society

2) I would be all for a new realm...although it might be a wee bit counter productive. New Realm gets my vote.

3) Some OCC's and RCC's, such as Rifts druids, Atlantians, Villagers, etc would be fine and could adapt fine. Basically anything that can be considered native in a fantasy campaign. Others are NOT ALOUD! As far as spells and psionic go, I would be okay with it, as long as it is within reason!!!

4) We should allow each group to run it's sessions as they currently do.

5) Yes! There ARE some races/classes/etc that should be considered banned. Borgs, juicers, etc.

6) That should depends on the individual group.

7) Why would we really want to post adventures at all? I mean, come on? Come up with your own.

8) I would just go with a brief summary about the game and PC's and give an overall end result.

9) Yes, I have. But college is starting back up, so we have anywhere from 1 to 25 players.

10) Facebook.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
DeadTOm
D-Bee
Location: Missoula, MT USA - That place that's really far from everything.

Unread post by DeadTOm »

1) I would avoid the word "society" or any other resemblance to Pathfinder Society. Maybe something like "Palladium Fantasy Players' Guild" or something of the sort.

2) Stick with the PFRPG world, but perhaps make up a new city in the center of it all, something nuetral among the different kingdoms and races, with it's own government (akin to the Vatican?), where everything orginates from, would be cool.

3) Strictly fantasy. Crossovers can create an organizational nightmare and will bring the rules lawyers out of the wood work.

4) A common set of rules would be good. Personally, I'd like to stick with canon, but I know that might not be terribly popular. I'm assuming that different groups would be playing the same adventures, facing the same bosses, etc. So different rules could make it easier or more difficult for some groups to get through the adventures. I know this is somewhat inevitable simply due to different gaming styles by different GMs, but uniformity with the rules could help prevent some disagreements down the road. Anyway, if rules are all homebrewed differently, organization is kind of a moot point.

5) If it's in the official books, it's fair game. Material from The Rifter should be voted on by whatever governing body is set up to run this thing.

6) Perhaps monthly or every other month, depending on how complex we want these adventures to get. Not all groups can meet on a weekly basis. We want to give people a reasonable amount of time to get through each adventure before the next is passed down.

7) Just available to GMs and either email, or a locked GM forum, inaccessible to players.

8) Posted publicly.

9) The number of groups is something that could take some time, and a lot of advertising, to gauge. 4 - 6 players per group sounds good to me. There are Palladium pages on Facebook, G+, twitter accounts, podcasts, blogs and other forums that should be blitzed for a few weeks, to make sure that as many players are reached as possible. I'd be willing to help out with this.

10) Avoid established social networks. I hate facebook. Personally, I'd like to see it on Google+ but I know that a lot of people hate G+, so some other site would be good. A lot of people have moral or security concerns about signing up for one social network or another, so being required to do so will drive players away. zyanitevp's suggestion of Obsidian Portal or Realm Works would be cool but perhaps petitioning to get it it's own sub-forum here would be best. It would also be the best way of getting the attention of PB themselves and possibly getting their endorsement. Of course, you could always make pages on FB, G+ and here, but that could become a logistical nightmare.

It might also be worth while to see if PB already has something like this in mind, or would be willing to endorse whatever comes out of this. Getting the input and support of existing writers could be VERY helpful. Hell, if it gets big enough and PB supports and endorses it, we could see mention or updates make their way into The Rifter. Or nothing at all, who knows.

Also, there should also be provisions for allowing online groups to participate, if that isn't already figured in. Skype, Roll20.net, Google Hangouts, whatever. I live in an area where face to face games are impossible to put together and I think a lot of other people are in the same boat.
Last edited by DeadTOm on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing RPGs since 1989. Starting with TMNTOS. Love the Palladium system.

Look for me on Roll20.net
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

URLeader Hobbes wrote:1) What should the official name of the society be? (Palladium Fantasy Society, Cabal of the PFRPG.)??? Please post suggestions.
Palladium Adventure Guild?
URLeader Hobbes wrote:2) Should we have this take place on the PFRPG world or should we generate a "new realm" for players, and GMs to adventure in?
PFRPG world
URLeader Hobbes wrote:3) Should this be 100% strictly fantasy or should we allow crossovers? If we allow crossovers what if any limitations should be imposed?
Keep it to Fantasy only to start. Maybe eventually a "crossover event" could open up select material from other realms/games?
URLeader Hobbes wrote:4) Should we collectively agree on a common set of "House Rules" or should we allow each group to run it's sessions as they currently do?
Common set of rules; individual games' house rules vary too much from game to game.
URLeader Hobbes wrote:5) Are there characters/races/classes/etc that should be considered banned or should that again be left up to the individual GMs?
Ultimately it should be up to the individual G.M.... But from an adventure standpoint, all official races and classes should be expected to be allowed.
URLeader Hobbes wrote:6) How frequently do people want to see new adventures? (Monthly, every week, every 15 minutes, etc.)
Monthly would be great, but Quarterly is probably more reasonable. There will be a lot of drive at first but like anything, keeping it going with real-world schedules may be tough. So if Quarterly is the expectation then in the beginning, when motivation is high, those making the adventures can "get ahead" and have something to fall back on later if needed.
URLeader Hobbes wrote:7) Should we make the adventures available to just GMs via e-mail or should we just post them and hope players respect the honor system and not cheat by reading the adventure before it's played?
Make the adventures available only to G.M.'s, but maybe it'd be neat to release a public "blurb" that everyone can see which is an intro/preview to the adventure.
URLeader Hobbes wrote:8) Should the results from each group be posted publicly here on the forums or should just the overall end result just be posted. (IE List the name and accomplishments of each group so people can discuss what happened or after every group sends in the results of the game just post "By a result of 6 to 5 ___________ was accomplished and ___________ was defeated."
Probably just the overall end result, but make the individual results that fed into that result available publicly for those who wish to see it.
URLeader Hobbes wrote:9) How many people / groups wish to get involved? Has anyone discussed this with the gaming groups they are a part of?
I haven't discussed this with anyone, but the idea intrigues me.
URLeader Hobbes wrote:10) Does anyone have any suggestions for a separate site where we can manage all of this or should we do as much as possible here on the message boards?
If this gets off the ground, maybe a sub-forum for it could be made? As far as external sites, I've found Obsidian Portal to be pretty flexible - that might be worth looking into.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

URLeader Hobbes wrote:1) What should the official name of the society be? (Palladium Fantasy Society, Cabal of the PFRPG.)??? Please post suggestions.

Palladium Cabal is SOOOO perfectly fitting, and would make tons of us smile with glee...

On the PFRPG world. Definitely. With the possible side forays into realms like Hades/Deeval

I'd say any crossover should be carefully watched. If anything, I'd limit it to things like magic, and maybe some psionics. NO TECH!!

I'd say on given out adventures, try to foresee anything not covered by the rules, and give it a house rule, but if we miss anything, GM's call.

Most of the RCC's from Monsters and Animals should probably be a no-go. If anything, we might actually want to create a list of what IS acceptable, instead of what's banned (because otherwise, someone will try to figure out something around it)

Depends on size and depth. If it's an adventure that can be covered in 2-3 hours, then maybe another in one-two weeks. Otherwise, once a month or so should be fine.

No, I'd honestly have just GMs.

This is where it gets tricky. I'd say it depends on how much influence it will have on the game world. "Well, The Plunderers of Plum and The Western Rampagers both managed to acquire one of the sacred objects, however, The Flotsam Four failed, and is now the Flotsam One... Someone will need to go get the piece they were supposed to find" should generally be enough.

[/quote] Google has options, as well as plenty of other boards and sites....
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Glistam wrote:
URLeader Hobbes wrote:5) Are there characters/races/classes/etc that should be considered banned or should that again be left up to the individual GMs?
Ultimately it should be up to the individual G.M.... But from an adventure standpoint, all official races and classes should be expected to be allowed.

I could agree to that, except now you're including true giants, dragons, lizard mages, etc etc etc... Unless you mean as NPCs, anything should be allowed... if you mean as PCs, I have to disagree
--
GS
>>>----Therumancer--->

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Something else to consider- that Society very strictly controls what special and magic items are available for purchase. You have to go through an adventure where that's listed as one of the end results before you're allowed to buy one... Do we want to go that route?

Or perhaps give out lists of what's available at different times?

Give the GMs a "price guide" of what the guild charges for custom items, as well as lists of what enchantments the alchemist(s) know and can create?

What about teaching spells/circles?

All of that is stuff that society very VERY strictly controls (or in some cases, doesn't allow). How tight fisted should we make this?
--
GS
>>>----Therumancer--->

Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Another thing: Would the best way be to post "job offers" (giving 2-3 options), or to actually assign adventures?
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

Palladium Guild (I agree with the statement to avoid the use of "Cabal" due to the connotations put on the word with the Cabal of 24)

PFRPG world

Honestly, I'd like to see this expand beyond the Palladium Fantasy line to include all Palladium games.

Some guidelines would be good in order to make the game for the most part universal.

All should be allowed but GM's would have to be skilled in how to handle fairly abstract character choices.

I'd say monthly, you could probably recruit some Rifter authors to put in adventures to the society/guild.

Have a list of GM's that have access to the adventure but then make it available after the first scheduled "sessions" for anyone to use it. As well, have specialized adventures for specific con events such as Gencon or the OH.

Leave that to each GM. Some are more outspoken than others.

As many as want to be. I haven't discussed it with my group yet.

Palladium Knights and these message boards.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

URLeader Hobbes wrote:OK so I wanted to do a seperate thread so we can start to actually pound this out and leave the Other thread for some conjecture, speculating and what not. Please answer the following 10 Questions.

would PFRPG (Palladium Fantasy Role Players Guild) be to confusing?
URLeader Hobbes wrote:2) Should we have this take place on the PFRPG world or should we generate a "new realm" for players, and GMs to adventure in?

Palladium Fantasy World. As far as a new realm goes, I agree with the previous poster who suggested a new city/neutral territory that the pc's all start from.
URLeader Hobbes wrote:3) Should this be 100% strictly fantasy or should we allow crossovers? If we allow crossovers what if any limitations should be imposed?

This is a tough one. I like bringing chars from other games into different settings. (my tmnt chars run in a bts world. sooo much fun) However, for the sake of the OP's intention for the Society/Guild/Whatever I'm going to say Pure Fantasy. IF crossover was allowed, I'd say that PF chars go OUT of world for adv, but non PF chars do not come in.
URLeader Hobbes wrote:4) Should we collectively agree on a common set of "House Rules" or should we allow each group to run it's sessions as they currently do?

A common set of agreed upon rules is essential for consistent gameplay.

I would say that if it is in a PF book or PF Rifter article it is fair game. However I would put the restriction on it that anything to far out of whack needs an incredible story/reason for why it is in the group and that said character be voted on for approval/disapproval by a group of society GM's not to include the gm running the game.
URLeader Hobbes wrote:6) How frequently do people want to see new adventures? (Monthly, every week, every 15 minutes, etc.)

ideally, as often as possible. But, like a previous poster stated it is difficult to meet deadlines with the demands of real life. So, monthly with a quarterly minimum. I feel that if you're only doing the minimum, than the minimum better be something pretty fricken spectacular.
URLeader Hobbes wrote:7) Should we make the adventures available to just GMs via e-mail or should we just post them and hope players respect the honor system and not cheat by reading the adventure before it's played?

The full adventure should only be available to the GM. An amazing teaser trailer (HLS maybe?) should be made available publicly to generate interest. "Did you see the teaser for "The Dragon's Proctologist?! Three lines in and I was already grabbing my bag and adjusting my dice!!"
URLeader Hobbes wrote:8) Should the results from each group be posted publicly here on the forums or should just the overall end result just be posted. (IE List the name and accomplishments of each group so people can discuss what happened or after every group sends in the results of the game just post "By a result of 6 to 5 ___________ was accomplished and ___________ was defeated."

My vote is public posting, but only after each group has finished the adv. (hopefully I'm understanding the concept correctly. adv. A is released and 5 groups all run the same adv [with varying results of course]) I really enjoy reading about other peoples games, especially if they're fleshed out/written well.
URLeader Hobbes wrote:9) How many people / groups wish to get involved? Has anyone discussed this with the gaming groups they are a part of?

I really can't contribute to this one as I don't really have a local gaming group. I really really really hope this is opened to online groups (and that I can get in on one that consistently plays on the weekend. I'd hate to start another online game/group to see it fall through.)
URLeader Hobbes wrote:10) Does anyone have any suggestions for a separate site where we can manage all of this or should we do as much as possible here on the message boards?
As I know nothing of outside gaming sites and already have enough to keep track of, my vote is here on the forums with a dedicated/locked subforum for members only.

URLeader Hobbes wrote:Thanks in advance for your replies!!!

Sure thing.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Grug
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Grug »

I'm a little late to the party, but I would love to be a part of this.

'Palladium Fantasy Guild' sounded good to me. It's short and simple which is nice.

My vote would be stay on the PFRPG world. We could make the main focus/central hub a city in the Old Kingdom on the shores of the Inner Sea. You would have ease of access which could be how the city has survived for so long and it's the Old Kingdom which is an adventure's dream area.

I'd say stick with fantasy. At least for a while maybe crossover later on.

Hmm... that's a tough one, if we do come up with a nice set of rules that covers the more murky areas of the rules it could help make introducing new players to the game.

My vote would be to make a list of playable races. There's just so much out there, which can be daunting for a new players to go through.

Undecided.

GMs only.

End results should be fine unless people like reading more of what happend.

No clue and not yet.

Here's fine.
If you know your enemy and know yourself your victory will not stand in doubt. -Sun Tzu
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -Kosh
URLeader Hobbes
Explorer

Ok so first thanks to everyone who responded. I'm glad this idea seems to go over well with people.. Just wanna summarize and then go forward from there.

1) The name
Most people seemed to like Palladium Fantasy Guild, or some variation. I do actually like that as well. "Guild Play" also has a nice ring to it as well. Just a nice way of establishing the difference between sessions for this and other campaigns. So lets come up with some options by the weekend and then put it to a vote.

League, Alliance and Cabal all got at least a good mention.. Maybe we can have a reference to the official GMs association as the Alliance of GMs or maybe the Cabal of rules lawyers who weigh in on rulings. LOL

2) Location, location, location.
Overwhelmingly it's the Palladium world. Lots of suggestions on creating a new city or city state with a fairly central location.

3) Crossovers or no crossovers?
Again heavy for no crossovers, although some feel setting appropriate exceptions to this rule can be made.

4) Common set of rules or let groups run as they do now?

The notion is for a common set of rules. Although I get the feeling that many think some guidelines should be set up and leave any grey areas up to the individual GMs. This will have to be it's own discussion that we will post in the near future.

5) What to play?

There is no real solid consensus on this. Some want a list of acceptable races and classes, while others think somethings should just be out. (Tech based characters which I agree with.) So we are gonna have to go into this a bit..

6) How often should new adventures come out?

Most seem up for 1 per month. That seems about right..
Now who is willing to write?

7) Just the GMs get the info or Trust the Players not to cheat?
Apparently nobody trusts the players. LOL So we will have to set up a way to get the GMs the info either via e-mail or other method.

8) Public posts or just end results?
An even mix here. So I think a good way to go about this will be to have an official Guild Post of the Results and if the GMs and or players of the various groups wanna discuss or relate what happened they can post the events if they choose to.

9) How much interest in this is there?
Seems there is a good amount of interest and more than likely this will pick up a bit of steam as time goes on. DeadTOm I think as this goes on we definitely will need a bit more exposure and I like the idea of attracting more players via social media. Once we set to begin it would be a great idea to make an effort to promote so lots of players know about it.

10) How do we keep this all together?

This is a bit tricky as some people seem to be for social media and others not so much. There seems to be some encouragement to use these boards and maybe get a sub forum as well. I like this as lots of people will check these forums and we may even draw some lurkers out. (We know you are out there we can hear you breathing!)

Now as far as social media it seems to be a mix. Some are for it some against. I think we could have simple contacts, a Guild profile page for example that could refer players to the host page. That seems easy enough..

As far as online play I see nothing wrong with people forming groups and playing online. No reason why we have to be limited to just tabletop. Plenty of options are available and could work out for a group that plays online.

OK gotta run but keep the ideas coming and in a couple of days I'll post another topic as an area of focus. Going forward I'll put some reference to "Guild Players" Palladium Fantasy Guild Discussion to set it apart from the rest of the topics.. Don't want someone with no interest thinking it's a discussion for that web series with Felicia Day. LOL
DeadTOm
D-Bee
Location: Missoula, MT USA - That place that's really far from everything.

Unread post by DeadTOm »

It all sounds good to me. Thanks for getting this rolling. :)
Playing RPGs since 1989. Starting with TMNTOS. Love the Palladium system.

Look for me on Roll20.net
arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by arouetta »

Goliath Strongarm wrote:Something else to consider- that Society very strictly controls what special and magic items are available for purchase. You have to go through an adventure where that's listed as one of the end results before you're allowed to buy one... Do we want to go that route?

Give the GMs a "price guide" of what the guild charges for custom items, as well as lists of what enchantments the alchemist(s) know and can create?

All of that is stuff that society very VERY strictly controls (or in some cases, doesn't allow). How tight fisted should we make this?

I like the price lists idea. Player creativity can do a lot to add fun to the game. You never know when that potion or that circle is going to make the difference in an adventure, and it's a good reward for pre-planning well. I would say moderate, not tight-fisted nor letting them always buy their way out of trouble.
arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

Goliath Strongarm wrote:Another thing: Would the best way be to post "job offers" (giving 2-3 options), or to actually assign adventures?

I would prefer giving choices. Only one option feels like railroading.
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Started working on stuff for both.

We need an easier way to talk this out
URLeader Hobbes
Explorer

Goliath Strongarm wrote:Something else to consider- that Society very strictly controls what special and magic items are available for purchase. You have to go through an adventure where that's listed as one of the end results before you're allowed to buy one... Do we want to go that route?

I think if we go with the city/nation state idea than we can just establish an actual alchemist within the city and just have his/her/it's prices listed.

One thing I didn't like about Pathfinder Society was that actual restriction on items. If you take down a foe who had a really awesome weapon you weren't allowed to keep it. Umm isn't that a big part of the rewards from adventuring???? I played a rogue who was rewarded a mere 500 gp and had to watch a magic weapon worth a lot more get handed over..

I think we should make items available at the alchemist shop(s) and let the players opt for what they want.. Besides that can also be a nice avenue for an adventure. Alchemist X needs the party to go and find (Insert components here) and along the way they come across something else that may tie into the larger plot point..

Success means the group will get a discount on a magic item they want.. Failure means the prices at ye ole alchemist shop go up.

You are right on the money when you say tSociety Play is really tightfisted. In truth I think that is kind of a negative..

I think one of the strengths of Palladium is it's openness and lack of limitations.

This issue is something that really should get a good healthy amount of discussion.
URLeader Hobbes
Explorer

arouetta wrote:
Goliath Strongarm wrote:Another thing: Would the best way be to post "job offers" (giving 2-3 options), or to actually assign adventures?

I would prefer giving choices. Only one option feels like railroading.

If we are gonna do multiple options we are gonna need a few writers. Or we are gonna have to do multiple smaller adventures to give players a choice...

Also we are gonna have to figure out how the players choices in each adventure impact the world and setting..

Maybe it would be best to break out an area for them to explore/adventure/quest in and depending on the results that will either increase or decrease influence in the area.. I can see how it can work...
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

OK, we need to separate those that want to work on the behind-the-scenes, versus simply the GMs that want to run the games... it's no offense to the GMs (I'm sure we'll keep ya'll informed!), but, to get things going, we need to see who we have to work with...

Myself, I'm game to be a worker...
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

I am willing to help out...
(Possibly even write).
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Can I volunteer to playtest? As a play tester I feel I can offer both a familiarity with the Pb basic rules/mechanics but am still new enough to the Fantasy genre that I can help iron out any "new player" bugs.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

I can do part time writing.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

I can do some writing as well, as my time differs too much im out as a dm

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”