Tombs of Gersidi

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

Tombs of Gersidi

Unread post by arouetta »

Has anyone posted 2ed stats for that?
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Re: Tombs of Gersidi

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

I'm working on the official adaption for a book..
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

Seems really easy to do. Just convert the Vampires and that is about it. Possibly the creatures in the Ultimax Deathstone. However, if you unleash those 4 guys you deserve to die. They had better stats than most gods in the 1st edition.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Lukterran wrote:Seems really easy to do. Just convert the Vampires and that is about it. Possibly the creatures in the Ultimax Deathstone. However, if you unleash those 4 guys you deserve to die. They had better stats than most gods in the 1st edition.

They will probably get nerfed though.
The Demon Lords of Cerdia in Old Ones were every bit as nasty as the major demon lords...now they are just souped up greater demons. Same thing with Sages, and pretty much everything else. *shrugs*
The other problem I see is the plot point of the scroll that explains how to make a circle. THAT is a giant can of worms :P (I would like to have official stats for the new wards though)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

eliakon wrote:
Lukterran wrote:Seems really easy to do. Just convert the Vampires and that is about it. Possibly the creatures in the Ultimax Deathstone. However, if you unleash those 4 guys you deserve to die. They had better stats than most gods in the 1st edition.

The Demon Lords of Cerdia in Old Ones were every bit as nasty as the major demon lords...now they are just souped up greater demons. Same thing with Sages, and pretty much everything else. *shrugs*
The other problem I see is the plot point of the scroll that explains how to make a circle. THAT is a giant can of worms :P (I would like to have official stats for the new wards though)

Quite correct. That's why that adventure from 1st edition Adventure on the High Sea involving
Elemental Island not axed (that adventure was so cool, but would be suicidal using 2nd edition
rules, even if you make all the Elementals minor ones). Same thing with The Forest on Broken
Wings adventure from Adventures in Northern Wilderness with the radioactive dragon (as if
fighting a Great Horn Dragon isn't bad enough). The monsters in the Ultimax Deathstone in
Tombs of Gersidi :eek: :? . I'm eager to see what the Madman can do with this famed Palladium
adventure however :ok:. In fact throughout Old Ones and Adventures of High Sea (which never
really got edited to 2nd edition still has :eek: :shock: spots in them (like the 14th level
air warlock toll booth guard near the Place of Magic).
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

One of my all time favorites! Would definitely grab a 2nd ed version.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

I've got a good outline; the original adventure was so barren of details that I'm filling in quite a bit; background and descriptions of the Marquest clan, details on Castle Instax, expansion and update on the history of Gersidi Valley, and a few organizations at the seed of the adventure..

Back in the early 80's RPGs were very different.

"What are we doing tonight?"
"Tonight you're exploring the Tombs of Gersidi!"
"Cool! Let's get to it!"

Today gamers are quite a bit more complex.

"What's the adventure this week?"
"This week you're exploring the Tombs of Gersidi!"
"Why? What's my motivation? I'm in Credia, why would I want to go off into the mountains?"
"..."

So based on the original hook (the piece of scroll describing a previous adventure into the Tombs), I've created a few organizations that plan to actively seek out the Tombs.

From there we have a few difficult hurdles to cross (such as the primary villain who is a magic using Vampire), but I've got a good solution to that without having to change the Vampire rules..

Also, Gersidi Valley isn't just the ruins of a Tomb, there was at one time (according to it's history) a community in the valley..

So plenty to fill up at least a small book.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Love the idea of more PF books. Hope it happens soon.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Lukterran
Adventurer

Reagren Wright wrote:
eliakon wrote:

Quite correct. That's why that adventure from 1st edition Adventure on the High Sea involving
Elemental Island not axed (that adventure was so cool, but would be suicidal using 2nd edition
rules, even if you make all the Elementals minor ones). Same thing with The Forest on Broken
Wings adventure from Adventures in Northern Wilderness with the radioactive dragon (as if
fighting a Great Horn Dragon isn't bad enough). The monsters in the Ultimax Deathstone in
Tombs of Gersidi :eek: :? . I'm eager to see what the Madman can do with this famed Palladium
adventure however :ok:. In fact throughout Old Ones and Adventures of High Sea (which never
really got edited to 2nd edition still has :eek: :shock: spots in them (like the 14th level
air warlock toll booth guard near the Place of Magic).

I loved the Elemental Island! It was so awesome!

BTW - Tombs of Gersidi + Summoner PC and Necromancer PC = One really crazy power group of PCs once they leave the tomb. Army of Darkness :mrgreen: :x :mrgreen:
Lukterran
Adventurer

YOULOUVON, the 35ft tall leathery-winged demon, is a bad mofo. He has one of the best powers that I have seen. His second set of yellow eyes that confer "Death" to anything they see, which is insanely powerful. Either make a save vs magic, with a negative -4 modifier or instant death. Even if you save you are paralyzed for 2D6 days. (You don't even have to look into his eyes like a Gorgon, all he has to do is look at you!!) So even if he doesn't kill you becaus you made the saving throw you still die because your paralyzed and he just rips you to pieces with his claws.

To top that off he is completely invulnerable to magic attacks!!

Plus he had an natural AR of 17 340 S.D.C. and 215 HPs. The nearest comparison to AR and and HP level in the 1st Edition PF would have be Styphon the Black (AR: 17 and HP 550), so a 2nd Edition conversion he would still have a Natural A.R.: 17 and have around 20,000 HP and 24,000 SDC.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Can Youlouvon see you if you're invisible? Betting Gods would counter with that.

Deathkiss is sexiest sword.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
wodens_blade
D-Bee

Unread post by wodens_blade »

its a great adventure, it introduced me to palladium and my over-all enjoyment to role-playing games. even the names of the magic items are epic in scope...Alhambra's sword and armor/ Chalice of Dragonwright/ Deathkiss the Demon Sword/ and my personal favorite: The Doubling Sword of Chaos!
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

I just dug out my first edition this weekend to reread the adventure. I ran it about 20 years ago and loved it. The tombs themselves weren't too difficult, since there are very few actual opponents, but the story behind it and the items inside were awesome. Can't wait to see it revamped to second edition. Even as a stand alone Rifter sized book for around $15, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

As a dm I found the tombs of gersidi caused quite a lot of player deaths, and id certainly get an updated version.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”