Mysteries of Magic errata?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Mysteries of Magic errata?

Unread post by Thinyser »

Found an error and was wondering if it was already addressed.

P.83 has Cloud of Slumber as a 2nd level Wizard spell for 6 PPE and notes that its same as the 1st level air warlock spell listed in PFRPG2 on p.221

P.87 has Cloud of Slumber as a 7th level Wizard spell for 17 PPE but notes that its the same as the 2nd level air warlock spell listed in PFRPG2 on p.221

I'm assuming that it was a copy and past error and was meant to be wiz version of the air warlock Call lightning on page 222 of PFRPG2 (I know there is already a wiz call lightning but that is Rifts and does MDC). EDIT:Well since there already is a SDC wiz version of Call Lightning its most likely something else. I don't know what though.

EDIT: I also see that "Animal Eyes" is the first spell listed after it says "Level Eight" but the spell itself says its a 9th level wizard spell.
Last edited by Thinyser on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Re: Mysteries of Magic errata?

I PM'ed Mark Hall about this. We will see what he has to say I hope.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

I thought errata for palladium fantasy stopped before 2000
Grug
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Grug »

Ya I noticed the call lighting error as soon as I got the book. As a side note, there is already a Call Lighting wizard spell in the main book. It's a level six spell I think on page 198 or something.
If you know your enemy and know yourself your victory will not stand in doubt. -Sun Tzu
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -Kosh
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Grug wrote:Ya I noticed the call lighting error as soon as I got the book. As a side note, there is already a Call Lighting wizard spell in the main book. It's a level six spell I think on page 198 or something.

You are correct. Well I doubt that its meant to be that then. I wonder what this second cloud of slumber was meant to be? Hopefully we will get the word from the author next time he checks his account.

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I'd have to dig into my manuscript to find out what I originally wrote.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Thinyser wrote:Found an error and was wondering if it was already addressed.

P.83 has Cloud of Slumber as a 2nd level Wizard spell for 6 PPE and notes that its same as the 1st level air warlock spell listed in PFRPG2 on p.221

P.87 has Cloud of Slumber as a 7th level Wizard spell for 17 PPE but notes that its the same as the 2nd level air warlock spell listed in PFRPG2 on p.221

I'm assuming that it was a copy and past error and was meant to be wiz version of the air warlock Call lightning on page 222 of PFRPG2 (I know there is already a wiz call lightning but that is Rifts and does MDC). EDIT:Well since there already is a SDC wiz version of Call Lightning its most likely something else. I don't know what though.

EDIT: I also see that "Animal Eyes" is the first spell listed after it says "Level Eight" but the spell itself says its a 9th level wizard spell.

The 7th level spell is just about in line with the TtGD spell modification rules for converting specity magic to invocations.

I would ignore the listing for it as a 2nd level spell, because whoever did the text for it was not being mindful of the TtGD text.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Any chance of the Call Lightning from the original Beyond that makes 3 bolts (referenced in Transdimensional TMNT) making a re-occurance?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Tor wrote:Any chance of the Call Lightning from the original Beyond that makes 3 bolts (referenced in Transdimensional TMNT) making a re-occurance?

There is a multiple lighting strike spell in the PF:LoB book.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Library Ogre

I originally put it in as a 2nd level wizard spell, in line with my general guidelines of converting spells from warlock to wizard.

The BTS version of Call Lightning was in the manuscript as "Handful of Lightning"; I don't know if it got cut or not.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

So the level 7 one for 16 PPE was nothing then?

Library Ogre

Thinyser wrote:So the level 7 one for 16 PPE was nothing then?

Not that I could find; a quick Ctrl+F of the whole document shows nothing had a 16 PPE cost.

All Palladium Articles
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Mark Hall wrote:
Thinyser wrote:So the level 7 one for 16 PPE was nothing then?

Not that I could find; a quick Ctrl+F of the whole document shows nothing had a 16 PPE cost.

Ok Thanks :ok:

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Tor wrote:Any chance of the Call Lightning from the original Beyond that makes 3 bolts (referenced in Transdimensional TMNT) making a re-occurance?
Ah true... of course... the original Beyond CL spell is still out there...just like RMB's 6-foot golems.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Tor wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Ah true... of course... the original Beyond CL spell is still out there...just like RMB's 6-foot golems.

Yerp. Your GM can choose to use that spell as written. They are under no obligation to use it of course, but it is an official spell in the BTS1 game line, and thus perfectly legal.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”