Man + Ogre Female = ?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

If a fertile Ogrette were to dally with a man, what issue would such a coital union produce?

Verily, the man's seed would sprout human babes, just as ogres do with women!
6%
Forsooth, this hostess with the mostest would conceive naught but more ogres!
66%
Fie! Such an unholy union could never create offspring!
14%
Uh... what?
14%

Total votes: 35

Hotrod
Knight

Man + Ogre Female = ?

Unread post by Hotrod »

In the interests of equal opportunity, and inspired by Madman Mike's portrait of a comely ogre pirate lady, I pose this question to the sages of the interweb.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Man + Ogre Female = ?

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I may be misremembering, but I was under the impression that human women were taken, in part, because many ogre women were infertile. However, barring that, I'd say that they'd be far more likely to produce ogres... any pure human babies would be eaten by the ogre immune system.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

This. This is what would happen in the coupling of a Human Male and Ogre Female.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Mark Hall wrote:I may be misremembering, but I was under the impression that human women were taken, in part, because many ogre women were infertile. However, barring that, I'd say that they'd be far more likely to produce ogres... any pure human babies would be eaten by the ogre immune system.

Yes, that is correct. Something like 40-50% of Ogre Females are infertile if I remember correctly. Also according to the Main Book, most offspring of Ogres and human joinings are usually considered Ogres.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. PF2 main book, page 304, first paragraph of the Ogre write-up has your answer. The book says the offspring will "always" be Ogres, with no distinguishing comment on which is female and which is male. Ogres and humans mate, they produce offspring, the kid will be an Ogre.

Later it discusses the human female slave aspect due to "many" Ogre females being sterile (no exact % given). But that is discussed separately and at most adds to the above, but in no way overrides the previous note. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys to all.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Yep. Checked it when I got home just now. Around 40% of Ogres in a tribe are usually female, I new there was a 40% that had to do with females somewhere in there.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Jerell wrote:Yep. Checked it when I got home just now. Around 40% of Ogres in a tribe are usually female, I new there was a 40% that had to do with females somewhere in there.

Greetings and Salutations. In the interest of accuracy, it says 40% of a tribe is female, with half of that number being human slaves. So only 20% are actually Ogre females.

That number indicates that there's more than twice the number of males born compared to females, or that the females born are less likely to survive to adulthood. I hadn't ever really given much thought to those numbers before, but I now find them very interesting. Of course, that's assuming that the % given doesn't further include non-Ogres like orcs and goblins (which are said to outnumber the Ogres two to one).

Ah well, I ramble. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Prysus wrote:That number indicates that there's more than twice the number of males born compared to females, or that the females born are less likely to survive to adulthood. I hadn't ever really given much thought to those numbers before, but I now find them very interesting.

Now that is interesting. Maybe it's a combination of both? Or the females get caught and sold into slavery more somehow, like being raided by other tribes while the males are off hunting or something? Hmmmmm.... This bares more thought.
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Unread post by thorr-kan »

And now you know where elves come from.

What?!
I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
-The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/ ... challenge/
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Prysus wrote:
Greetings and Salutations. PF2 main book, page 304, first paragraph of the Ogre write-up has your answer. The book says the offspring will "always" be Ogres, with no distinguishing comment on which is female and which is male. Ogres and humans mate, they produce offspring, the kid will be an Ogre.

Later it discusses the human female slave aspect due to "many" Ogre females being sterile (no exact % given). But that is discussed separately and at most adds to the above, but in no way overrides the previous note. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys to all.

As always, the man with the answers....
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Prysus wrote:PF2 main book, page 304, first paragraph of the Ogre write-up has your answer. The book says the offspring will "always" be Ogres, with no distinguishing comment on which is female and which is male. Ogres and humans mate, they produce offspring, the kid will be an Ogre.

Hm... of course problems occur with human variants like Sea Titans or Amazons...

Given what science has done it also leads us to wonder: if the cells of an Ogress are used to impregnate an Amazon, would the result be an Ogress, an Amazon, or both?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

A broke man!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Library Ogre

Tor wrote:
Prysus wrote:PF2 main book, page 304, first paragraph of the Ogre write-up has your answer. The book says the offspring will "always" be Ogres, with no distinguishing comment on which is female and which is male. Ogres and humans mate, they produce offspring, the kid will be an Ogre.

Hm... of course problems occur with human variants like Sea Titans or Amazons...

Given what science has done it also leads us to wonder: if the cells of an Ogress are used to impregnate an Amazon, would the result be an Ogress, an Amazon, or both?

I did a non-canonical write-up of this a number of years ago.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
URLeader Hobbes
Explorer

Unread post by URLeader Hobbes »

It produces a half-Ogre. There is one in one of the towns in the Timro Kingdom. You can find it in the Old Ones book.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Timero on page 24 or Timiro on page 54? ...

Anyone got a page/building number?

Closest I could find are a pair of "half ores" (no G) named Hortense and Alpbonse mentioned on page 112 (building 15 of Partha) and a tobacco guy on page 126 (also a half "ore") in building 22 of Yria.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

On an unrelated note, what does an "Ore" look like? I can't find any canon pictures.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

MT-NME wrote:
Hotrod wrote:On an unrelated note, what does an "Ore" look like? I can't find any canon pictures.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ore&client=aff-maxthon-newtab&hs=Ep&channel=t2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=8ZmjU5KaO4PfoATSoYKACA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1282&bih=649 8)

As soon as I hit "Submit," I knew someone was going to pull something like that. It's the same thought that goes through my mind every time I see that species mentioned. I kinda picture them as something between an orc and an ogre, but the whole double meaning throws me every time.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Man + Ogre Female = Hip Replacement

:)
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Jerell wrote:
Prysus wrote:That number indicates that there's more than twice the number of males born compared to females, or that the females born are less likely to survive to adulthood. I hadn't ever really given much thought to those numbers before, but I now find them very interesting.

Now that is interesting. Maybe it's a combination of both? Or the females get caught and sold into slavery more somehow, like being raided by other tribes while the males are off hunting or something? Hmmmmm.... This bares more thought.

sadly, the most probable reason would be Infanticide. that female ogre infants are more often than not just killed shortly after birth. could be a variety of reasons, but based on real world cultures, the most probable would be Sons are preferred and if the first child isn't male it is often killed. (this and gender selective abortions are sadly a major reason why Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, and China have substantially more males than females being born in each generation)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

I mated with an Ogress. My kids came Ogres. Then ate their Grandparents when I took mama one vacation to Atlantis. Its cool though I got the inheritance.
Mallak's Place
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mallak's Place »

She would probably eat it anyways.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

glitterboy2098 wrote:the most probable reason would be Infanticide. that female ogre infants are more often than not just killed shortly after birth. could be a variety of reasons, but based on real world cultures, the most probable would be Sons are preferred and if the first child isn't male it is often killed.

I expect that Ogress spellcasters like the one in Heart of Magic might have something to say about this practice.

I don't see why Ogres would eliminate an investment of resources like this, female ogres can be put to work, and even if they aren't fertile, they can stand up to a good type repeatedly to satisfy male Ogre affections. There aren't always a lot of human females to go around to satisfy the pack.

Although neglect by male ogres does lead my creative imagination into bad places when I consider what the private habits of Ogress Tattooed Monster Makers might be.
Library Ogre

Tor wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:the most probable reason would be Infanticide. that female ogre infants are more often than not just killed shortly after birth. could be a variety of reasons, but based on real world cultures, the most probable would be Sons are preferred and if the first child isn't male it is often killed.

I expect that Ogress spellcasters like the one in Heart of Magic might have something to say about this practice.

Personally, I think ogres do have a tendency to cannibalism, but it's not just limited to ogress cubs, but anything small and tasty.

I'm also of the opinion that the reality of magic, and the nature of deity in the world, would tend to create more egalitarian societies. When power is more clearly divorced from strength, you have a lot more opportunities.

All Palladium Articles
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Grell wrote:Man + Ogre Female = Hip Replacement

Hip, leg, bottom, sternum, ribs, spinal cord. Let's just assume he doesn't make it.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

pblackcrow wrote:
Grell wrote:Man + Ogre Female = Hip Replacement

Hip, leg, bottom, sternum, ribs, spinal cord. Let's just assume he doesn't make it.

It gets cold in Connecticut, and I like to cuddle. Lmao

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”