new releases for fantasy please!

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

shadows3
D-Bee

new releases for fantasy please!

Unread post by shadows3 »

Any news of new world books for palladium fantasy? Also whats the status of lod 3 and magic 2? :D
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: new releases for fantasy please!

Unread post by NMI »

No new world books have been mentioned other then I think Lopan [Lopanic Games].
Land of the Damn 3 and Mysteries of Magic 2 are in limbo????
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
shadows3
D-Bee

NMI wrote:No new world books have been mentioned other then I think Lopan [Lopanic Games].

I understand lod 3 but magic 2? I thought mark hall was writing it? Also is lopanic games another game company? Sorry I am just getting back into palladium books after a couple of years and see nothing new for palladium fantasy :(
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

lopans Olympic games :)
shadows3
D-Bee

kiralon wrote:lopans Olympic games :)

Sounds epic...any rumors of it's release?
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

its a bit hush hush at the moment but I hope to see more public material in the near future.
But imagine testing your prowess (athletic/fighting/magic) against the best the palladium world has to offer, will you come away with gold and glory, or be one of the many forgotten. I'm hoping to see more info about Lopan in it as well.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

shadows3 wrote:
kiralon wrote:lopans Olympic games :)

Sounds epic...any rumors of it's release?

No news on whether it will be released- but DarkElf was nice enough to send it to me to play test with my group (of which Kiralon is a member).
It was a lot of fun in parts, and a little dry in others (just like the Summer Olympics, imho). The actual games will be far more dramatic, as the group will be competing for a piece of Osiris!!!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Kent Burles and I are doing concept work for a possible Jeretlan book...
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

shadows3 wrote:
NMI wrote:No new world books have been mentioned other then I think Lopan [Lopanic Games].

I understand lod 3 but magic 2? I thought mark hall was writing it? Also is lopanic games another game company? Sorry I am just getting back into palladium books after a couple of years and see nothing new for palladium fantasy :(

Mark Hall wrote it and submitted it several years ago, as part of the original MoM manuscript.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

So MoM2 got in the same place as Australia2... Le sigh
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I feel I should clear up the Lopanic Games.

I wrote a 90+ printed page manuscript with a different title (as Kevin wanted a snappier title) and submitted it. With intro pages and art it would probably be 124 or longer if it was left as is (unlikely).

It is based purely on the Olympic style games on Lopan with some obviously needed normal events as well as some truly unique ones involving magic and psionics as well as "hall of fame" champion NPCs (or at least interesting adventure catalyst NPCs). It also includes the host town of the games.
To devise what I wrote I had to flesh out Lopan and Phi (including a map submitted in the same manuscript above). I would love to write up these notes but I am waiting for a response on my writing (such as feedback or publication of the Lopanic Games).

I submitted it early last year (so over 12, nearly 18 months ago) and have zero feedback from PBs. So it's just waiting.
I've never written anything before (other than Rifter articles) so don't hold your breath (I'm not).

Zyanitevp has a copy he's play testing which he tells me he's enjoying.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Did you happen to fully flesh out Lopan in your work?

Also, I'm greatly looking forward to MoM2. MoM1 was good.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

It disappoints me to the point of anger that LoTD3 and MoM2 aren't done. Get off your arse and publish them already Palladium! :x

Its not like they wont be riddled with flaws and inconsistencies anyhow so why the long wait!?!?

Just get them out so we can nitpick and fix and tweek to fit our games like we all always do! :lol:
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Jerell wrote:Did you happen to fully flesh out Lopan in your work?

The geography, points of interest, economy and general key ideas about each cities culture and flavour yes. Key NPC's- not yet (except ideas for empress Jesslyn and why a kingdom now suddenly has an empress (instead of a queen). New form of magic; yes! Lopan would be centred around the key cities if I wrote it (hopefully). Like the Eastern Territory book is laid out.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Yeah, cool, that's what I like. I can make my own NPC and usually prefer to do that anyway, unless we're talking Inglix the Mad or something. It's the towns and culture I like to see filled out in a book.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Braden Campbell wrote:Kent Burles and I are doing concept work for a possible Jeretlan book...

Care to tell us any more?
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Svartalf wrote:So MoM2 got in the same place as Australia2... Le sigh

Oh, no. I know for a fact mine exists, in a couple of different backups. Australia 2's fate is a bit more nebulous.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

The Dark Elf wrote:I feel I should clear up the Lopanic Games.

I wrote a 90+ printed page manuscript with a different title (as Kevin wanted a snappier title) and submitted it. With intro pages and art it would probably be 124 or longer if it was left as is (unlikely).

It is based purely on the Olympic style games on Lopan with some obviously needed normal events as well as some truly unique ones involving magic and psionics as well as "hall of fame" champion NPCs (or at least interesting adventure catalyst NPCs). It also includes the host town of the games.
To devise what I wrote I had to flesh out Lopan and Phi (including a map submitted in the same manuscript above). I would love to write up these notes but I am waiting for a response on my writing (such as feedback or publication of the Lopanic Games).

I submitted it early last year (so over 12, nearly 18 months ago) and have zero feedback from PBs. So it's just waiting.
I've never written anything before (other than Rifter articles) so don't hold your breath (I'm not).

Zyanitevp has a copy he's play testing which he tells me he's enjoying.

Sounds like your in the same boat I'm in with the three HU Manuscripts. All I can say is flesh out the whole thing, making it
as inviting to Kevin as possible, something thrilling to players, GM, and himself. Also have plenty of stuff that some of the
artists would love to draw. That's another access point that can spark a manuscript. It can be aggrevating, but as long as
you alway submitting stuff, you name and your work is alway kept in the loop.
Braden Campbell

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

zyanitevp wrote:
Braden Campbell wrote:Kent Burles and I are doing concept work for a possible Jeretlan book...

Care to tell us any more?

It's still very much in the laying down of concepts phase, but the idea is to create a world that, in comparison to the Palladium World, is wild and uncivilized. Magic is twice as strong there, making it a natural draw for wizards, but the world also suffers under Agu's Curse: in that things that die there are often reborn with just a slight tint of Old One...

Some of the concept art can be seen on our respective Facebook pages.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Wow, that sounds fantastic! I really hope that it get's done some day. I was just reading some of the early Lovecraft stuff the other day. Always puts me the mood for some Old Ones stories.

I've always like dimension hoping in Palladium's games anyway.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”